Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Don't know why all the fuss. It's clear what Apple is doing with the 6/6+ like Samsung does with the S5 & note 4 in that regards with the 6+ having a bit more features than the 6. Just like the note 2,3, 4 in that order being Samsung top of the line phone, I think apple is going to do the same with the 6+. A mean they are both great phones. And if u have the 6 and is happy it's all good, u have the 6+ and u are happy it's all good every body wins in the end. Some of the comments and replys here is ridiculous and not very respectful at all, and there is no need for that. Most of us work really hard for our money, and what ever the choice of phones we purchase 6/6+. We should be respectful of each other choices. Its a fact that one phone has all the bells and whistles the other doesn't. It's like that with everything cars houses etc. just be happy with your purchase simple.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
While at Church yesterday, I gave an extra special thanks to God that OP got the Plus rather than only the 6.

I am happy for him and happy that he is thanking God, so this was the least I could do.

I also have the 6 Plus and every time I pick it up, I am thankful that I live in a country that produces such a great product and that I can afford it and that there are sites like this one where we can share our good fortune.

We are all truly blessed.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
While at Church yesterday, I gave an extra special thanks to God that OP got the Plus rather than only the 6.

I am happy for him and happy that he is thanking God, so this was the least I could do.

I also have the 6 Plus and every time I pick it up, I am thankful that I live in a country that produces such a great product and that I can afford it and that there are sites like this one where we can share our good fortune.

We are all truly blessed.

With material things?

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
With material things?

With opportunities to explore our creative side and uplift others by sharing those results.
With our ability to communicate effortlessly across the planet with others and build a larger community.
With ways to donate our good fortune to others by conveniently using Apple Pay to buy and share those goods with others.
And that is only the beginning...

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
With opportunities to explore our creative side and uplift others by sharing those results.
With our ability to communicate effortlessly across the planet with others and build a larger community.
With ways to donate our good fortune to others by conveniently using Apple Pay to buy and share those goods with others.
And that is only the beginning...

So the countries in which people could not afford the iP6 and 6+ are not blessed? Or are they blessed in a different way?

If they are, then everyone is equally blessed. So blessing is implied whether we mention it or not.

If they are not , what did they do to miss out on being blessed? Does everyone who could not afford an iPhone deserved not being blessed?

I am not clear of the subject of blessing.

Last edited:

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Think I'll get the plus model next year. 2 gb ram will make it near perfect although I really like my 6 now

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
I am not clear of the subject of blessing.

Yes, it is painfully obvious that you are not clear on the subject of blessing.

If someone says that they were lucky that they found a dollar on the street, are you (redacted) and ask them "well, does that mean that all the other people who didn't find a dollar on the street are not lucky?"

Since you, by your own admission, don't understand the concept, why don't you ask those questions on a relevant site?

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Yes, it is painfully obvious that you are not clear on the subject of blessing.

If someone says that they were lucky that they found a dollar on the street, are you (redacted) and ask them "well, does that mean that all the other people who didn't find a dollar on the street are not lucky?"

Since you, by your own admission, don't understand the concept, why don't you ask those questions on a relevant site?

I thought since you mentioned it here, it's easier for me to understand it as you can explain it in context.

But I think I start to get it now. Being blessed seems to mean being provided with things that are morally good.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
I'm very happy with my iPhone 6. It's the best of both worlds for me. Larger screen size and yet retains the portability size that I prefer.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don't thank god that I got the 6 because it was my decision, nobody else's and I don't believe in God so there would be little point other than making a throw away comment lol. It is a seriously cool phone though and it's been a pleasure to use so far.

I think all this fighting over which is better, the 6 or the 6 Plus is futile. Let's not forget most of us have the same opportunity to get either. I chose not to order the Plus because the size doesn't suit, so there was little point for me. Size is the only significant difference in my view so I am thankful to myself, nobody else, that I bought the phone I prefer. Ciao :)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I don't thank god that I got the 6 because it was my decision, nobody else's and I don't believe in God so there would be little point other than making a throw away comment lol. It is a seriously cool phone though and it's been a pleasure to use so far.

I think all this fighting over which is better, the 6 or the 6 Plus is futile. Let's not forget most of us have the same opportunity to get either. I chose not to order the Plus because the size doesn't suit, so there was little point for me. Size is the only significant difference in my view so I am thankful to myself, nobody else, that I bought the phone I prefer. Ciao :)

Shh...God did this! And most certainty made the earth in 7 days, and watches you from the clouds w/ santa :p

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Dear God, please bestow 2GB of RAM upon the iPhone 7. Thank you.

If you want 2GB of RAM then vote with your wallet, don't pray for Apple RAM. Samsung, Motorola, LG and Sony to name but four manufacturers will be happy to sell you a smartphone with 3GB minimum of RAM.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
If you want 2GB of RAM then vote with your wallet, don't pray for Apple RAM. Samsung, Motorola, LG and Sony to name but four manufacturers will be happy to sell you a smartphone with 3GB minimum of RAM.

/yawn and these 3GB of RAM devices reload applications just as much as the 1GB RAM iPhone 6 and 6 Plus....note 3 stock uses 2.1 GB of RAM with no apps open at the home screen, that is just terrible

6 and 6 Plus have just as good multitasking performance in terms of holding applications open in the background as flagship Android devices with 3GB of RAM, Countless speedtest videos online show exactly this

A iOS device with 2GB of RAM (air 2 only as of now) performs like a Android device with 4GB of RAM, next year should be exciting, Samsung just came out with 20nm LPPDDR4 ram which is actually faster then PC DRAM which is incredible, that is without a doubt going into the 6S

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
/yawn and these 3GB of RAM devices reload applications just as much as the 1GB RAM iPhone 6 and 6 Plus....note 3 stock uses 2.1 GB of RAM with no apps open at the home screen, that is just terrible

6 and 6 Plus have just as good multitasking performance in terms of holding applications open in the background as flagship Android devices with 3GB of RAM, Countless speedtest videos online show exactly this

A iOS device with 2GB of RAM (air 2 only as of now) performs like a Android device with 4GB of RAM, next year should be exciting, Samsung just came out with 20nm LPPDDR4 ram which is actually faster then PC DRAM which is incredible, that is without a doubt going into the 6S

The 6 and 6+ are worse for tab reloading than the iPhone 5. That's Apple progress for you! I dispute that the 3GB Android flagships are as bad when it comes to tab reloading. There is absolutely no excuse for Apple putting 1GB of RAM into the latest iPhones and especially not the 6+. It's indefensible.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York

My Note 4 with 3GB of RAM usually had around 500MB or less free at any giving moment, even after a fresh boot with no apps launched by me.

Not hating or defending either side. I love iOS as much as Android and vice versa, but Android lets apps sort of run wild, while iOS is like the dictatorship of RAMastan.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
The 6 and 6+ are worse for tab reloading than the iPhone 5. That's Apple progress for you! I dispute that the 3GB Android flagships are as bad when it comes to tab reloading. There is absolutely no excuse for Apple putting 1GB of RAM into the latest iPhones and especially not the 6+. It's indefensible.

Not really that serious considering the competition with 3GB of RAM barely performs any better, but obviously Apple left only 1GB for people to upgrade to next years device

The move to 14nm will offset additional RAM taking away from standby battery time(if the 6 and 6 Plus had 2gb of ram they would lose almost 5 days of standby on this 20nm node)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.