Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Doncaster pulled one back against Hull, worried JC?

Maynor Figueroa doesn't score often, but when he does they're usually something special. Hit an absolute screamer tonight.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I'm still not sure why Liverpool ended up with Sahin. I suppose it was probably a mix of Rogers' relationship with Mourinho and Arsenal being outbid in financial terms (allegedly). The latter is more worrying for Arsenal fans.

Sahin doesn't rule out staying at the club post loan which leads me to believe Liverpool got a hush hush option clause.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Bad day for Fulham. Lost 1-0 to Wednesday, and are set to lose Dembele to Spurs plus Dempsey to Sunderland (swap with Richardson).

Never really rated Modric and i certainly don't think he's worth £33m. Good rob-i mean business by Spurs that. If Spurs end up landing Lloris, Dembele, M'Villa and Afellay, then they've got a decent team on their hands as much as i hate to admit it. Top 4 not out of the question :mad:

Meanwhile our exodus might not quite be over just yet

Last edited:

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
BREAKING: Javi Martinez has passed medical at Bayern tonight, apparently he has gone to Munich on a private plane.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Bad day for Fulham. Lost 1-0 to Wednesday, and are set to lose Dembele to Spurs plus Dempsey to Sunderland (swap with Richardson).

Never really rated Modric and i certainly don't think he's worth £33m. Good rob-i mean business by Spurs that. If Spurs end up landing Lloris, Dembele, M'Villa and Afellay, then they've got a decent team on their hands as much as i hate to admit it. Top 4 not out of the question :mad:

Meanwhile our exodus might not quite be over just yet

Van Der Vaart might be on his way back to Hamburg. It sucks for Fulham to lose Dembele, but they are getting £15 for him. I'm not sure what Richardson brings to the team. They already have 2 decent left backs who are better than him.

If Demspey does end up at Sunderland, then he's a ****ing idiot. So much for him wanting to move to a bigger club and play Champions League football.

It should be an interesting next couple of days.

Iamnezzy

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Byfleet, UK
Van Der Vaart might be on his way back to Hamburg. It sucks for Fulham to lose Dembele, but they are getting £15 for him. I'm not sure what Richardson brings to the team. They already have 2 decent left backs who are better than him.

If Demspey does end up at Sunderland, then he's a ****ing idiot. So much for him wanting to move to a bigger club and play Champions League football. It should be an interesting next couple of days.

Ahem, Sunderland are a 'Bigger' club ;), not sure about the Champions league football thing mind, it's overrated anyway, mid table obscurity is where it's at :eek:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Sahin doesn't rule out staying at the club post loan which leads me to believe Liverpool got a hush hush option clause.

It's possible. Mourinho obviously has a good relationship with Rogers...and ever since the "voyeur" incident, I suspect his feelings for Wenger are somewhat less warm...

If Demspey does end up at Sunderland, then he's a ****ing idiot. So much for him wanting to move to a bigger club and play Champions League football.

If true, I have to agree. Unless something was going on that we don't know about, Sunderland looks like a real step down for Dempsey in every possible way. :(

It now seems as if Joey Barton is staying in England.:p

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/28/qpr-joey-barton-marseille-collapse

I would imagine many French players are sleeping better tonight.:D

Disappointed, I really wanted to see what he would do in France. He is an endless source of amusement.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
BREAKING: Javi Martinez has passed medical at Bayern tonight, apparently he has gone to Munich on a private plane.

and should be back on his way to bilbao..with a 40.000.000,00 € check in his pocket. Must be soo tempting...

btw. they have apparently very strange clauses written into their contracts in spain.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
There's World Class and then there's Messi/Ronaldo Class. In a league of their own.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Disappointed, I really wanted to see what he would do in France. He is an endless source of amusement.
You may still get your wish, your Lordship. He's popped over to France – Sky Sports News joined him on a private jet. I don't know what he had on his headphones, but it may very well have been French language tapes as he brushes up on his French swearwords...

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
No trophy for Song but Modric wins the SuperCopa within 48hrs of joining his new club.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
By the way, a quick reminder about this season's MacRumors Fantasy Football League. We're already underway but I traditionally leave the door open to new sign ups up until the end of August – so if you've not signed up already and fancy playing you only have until this Friday to do so.

A link to the thread is in my signature, if you'd like the entry code just send me a PM.

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
and should be back on his way to bilbao..with a 40.000.000,00 € check in his pocket. Must be soo tempting...

btw. they have apparently very strange clauses written into their contracts in spain.

Not only in Spain but also in Portugal.....Oddly enough, if they would have offered a few millions more to Leverkusen for Vidal last year, they wouldn't have gotten Martinez.....

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
So, with deadline day looming, will Liverpool sell Carroll or won't they? Brendan Rodgers is quoted as saying:
I don't think we are in a position to have £35m players as third-choice strikers

Well Brendan, I think many people will agree, that you don't ;)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW:

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier.

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga.

Group D(eath): Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund.

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland.

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov.

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic.

Group H(andpicked for Fergie): Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.