Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'd offer to draw up a chart, but I'm bound to make a horrendous error and deeply offend someone. :p

Why not, could be fun. Maybe some kind of spreadsheet....with a hidden chart for those dark love affairs nobody should know of.

*cough* Chelsea *cough* ;)

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Pachyderm roots for some kind of Wednesday, that much I learned.

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC
swfcearly90s.png
swfcpre1970.png
175pxsheffieldwednesday.png

a.k.a.
THE MASSIVE WEDNESDAY :cool: :D

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
But we're all Thursday, aren't we? ;)

Meanwhile, it's been announced that Sweden will be sporting Adidas-produced polyester rags from the spring – another key Umbro contract gone. I expect Nike will be chasing after our Umbro-clad five-a-side team's kit contract before too much longer. :eek:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I do think that cycling's UCI has football beat for absolute corruption.:eek:

Thank goodness that football doesn't have the performance-enhancing drug problem that cycling or baseball has - because FIFA & Co are so incompetent and corrupt they'd never be able to deal with it effectively.

[conspiracy theorist]Then again, FIFA & Co are so incompetent and corrupt they might be letting it happen and/or covering it up....[/conspiracy theorist]

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Nobody ever wondered why Messi is 100% insusceptible for injuries? ;)

In other news, La Liga vice president just stated that he wouldn't be surprised if they're cheating like some (?) did (?) in Italy.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
That'll be a portcullis on that crest, I reckon. I'm more concerned by the apparent Lancastrian leanings on display...

What's happened to Umbro, Jaffa? They are losing contracts right and left.
Dismantled by Nike, who cherry picked the key contracts (England, Manchester City) and left many of the others to expire.

They're unveiling stuff for their South American teams at the moment, but long term you fear for them.

Last edited:

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Thank goodness that football doesn't have the performance-enhancing drug problem that cycling or baseball has - because FIFA & Co are so incompetent and corrupt they'd never be able to deal with it effectively.

[conspiracy theorist]Then again, FIFA & Co are so incompetent and corrupt they might be letting it happen and/or covering it up....[/conspiracy theorist]

Well it does look like one club in football is on the right track. Sporting Kansas City.:cool:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...c-livestrong-lance-armstrong-stadium/1838539/

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Sorry guys, been really busy and short of a good internet connection.

Strachan is new Scotland manager.
Most of us think this is a good thing. He's good for a humorous comment, but after a few minutes of it he comes across as a bit of a d***. But we should see a return to Scotland using forwards and attacking occasionally.

Rangers, 3rd division football, league reconstruction, threats to move to England. blah blah blah meh

Go Ravens :D

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.