Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Since the firing of Omarosa in the first season, I have not been as pleased to see a sole candidate given his walking papers as abrasive attorney Brent Buckman was in last week's episode.

Despite an obvious strategy implemented by the PM to marginalize him, the losing team that Brent was part of did not have an actual plan to target him in the boardroom since he was not given anything meaningful to do.

Instead, he opted not to remain off the radar screen and watch as the other sharks went at each other, instead unleashing a sophomoric, insult-filled tirade against the project manager and selected members of his team. There is no possible way that such behavior could ever make someone a serious contender to be an apprentice for Trump or any prospective employer.

There is an incidental side benefit to Brent's firing ... Manhattan bagel makers no longer have to work overtime in order to keep up with his ravenous appetite.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Ashapalan said:
I concur.

Good! But I wish Syed was still there. My vote is more "I don't like the Badger" than "I like Michelle". Same as last time around really.

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
sunfast said:
Good! But I wish Syed was still there. My vote is more "I don't like the Badger" than "I like Michelle". Same as last time around really.

Yeh same, i just can't stand 'Ruth'. So i guess Michelle is the lesser of two evils. I do have a feeling that Ruth will get it though.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Hurrah! Well I think the right woman won, even if she is a bit of a drip.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
sunfast said:

Yeah, I wanted Sayid. But Michelle wins over Ruth anyday. Bit of a naff finale really. :/

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Sayid=Paul Torissi. Great funny people.

You know I posted some bits about the old Apprentice series 1 on my blog when nobody visited. and I got emails (good ones! not warnings ;) ) from Miriam Staley and James Max. JAMES MAX. posted on my blog :) Sorry, it's the best name in the entire frikkin world.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I stopped watching after the first season when they sold out and brought Omarosa back after getting fired for doing a piss-poor job, just for a ratings boost.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
At least the two most capable were in the final. I never saw how Syed got further than week three. The man was incapable of letting anyone else finish a sentence, so I couldn't imagine him working in any company bigger than one person (i.e. him).

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
raggedjimmi said:
Sayid=Paul Torissi. Great funny people.

EXACTLY! My favourites from both series. Really lost it's appel when they were fired.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Ah, so nice to see Allie get fired tonight. (Yes, I normally root for the Southerners, but she's what we call a "bitch" down here.) I can't believe the lies she was telling in the boardroom... it WASN'T her idea to go with a skirt instead of pants, she WASN'T rude to the clothing designer, etc.

So now it's down to the two guys: Sean and Lee. Any bets as to who will win? (My money's on Sean. Lee's been characterized by Trump as a "politician", and I think he might be a bit young... on the other hand, the job to be won is really a bit of a powderpuff job, so that may not matter.)

Oh, and one grating note: Trump used the nonexistent word "apprenti" again tonight. I wanna smack Randal (last season's winner) for introducing that piece of idiocy into Trump's vocabulary.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
clayj said:
Ah, so nice to see Allie get fired tonight. (Yes, I normally root for the Southerners, but she's what we call a "bitch" down here.) I can't believe the lies she was telling in the boardroom... it WASN'T her idea to go with a skirt instead of pants, she WASN'T rude to the clothing designer, etc.

So now it's down to the two guys: Sean and Lee. Any bets as to who will win? (My money's on Sean. Lee's been characterized by Trump as a "politician", and I think he might be a bit young... on the other hand, the job to be won is really a bit of a powderpuff job, so that may not matter.)

Oh, and one grating note: Trump used the nonexistent word "apprenti" again tonight. I wanna smack Randal (last season's winner) for introducing that piece of idiocy into Trump's vocabulary.

I do not like...LEE!!! He just thinks he's too smooth, I just don't like anything about him. He has the work ethic of a used car salesman and all the sleaze and backwardness as well.

So, congrats Sean.

I didn't like something about randal as well last season. I almost can't STAND Bill Rantic or whatever his last name is who comes in and tries to act like God. He has become so full of himself, and mistakes he would have made himself he is critising like they are stupid and so much lower than him. I would NEVER buy his book. :mad: ...:p

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
clayj said:
Ah, so nice to see Allie get fired tonight.

When you hear women fighting it out in the pits on a Monday night, you just know the TV is tuned in to NBC. Roxanne had to offer a spirited defense against Allie's increasingly desperate and strident personal attacks, but she could have survived if she had just managed to deflect some of the audacious lies while allowing Allie to look like the only one worthy of being removed by a few people with large butterfly nets. My vote would likely go to Sean.

achie25

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
I'm glad to see Allie and Rebecca go. They were pain in the a$$es.
I am an Apprentice fan but I think that this season was weak. I don't think that any of the people were all that good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.