Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Seriously, if your not happy with their service, switch to another provider then.

Most Rogers stores are independent dealers. The only Rogers stores are the Rogers Plus stores. Your grocery store is a chain. Big difference there. What about Kraft, do they track all the stock of all the different chains?

thats essentially what i met....i was just not willing to type it out....

Kane Hart

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
Seriously, if your not happy with their service, switch to another provider then.

Most Rogers stores are independent dealers. The only Rogers stores are the Rogers Plus stores. Your grocery store is a chain. Big difference there. What about Kraft, do they track all the stock of all the different chains?

Give it a rest dude.

Is their a good way to cancel Rogers without paying fee's? My current iPhone is having issues and I really want to get a new one and I know a place that has some but not Rogers.... I got my phone back in 2008 the iPhone 3G...

I'm sick and tired of being lied to.

I took the day off twice now.

30th I lined up was told the number and I can get a phone and next you know hours later system crash they have less then they said...

7th I took off being told their is limited amount of phones and of course not 1 person on the internet found one for Rogers....

My current phone shuts off a lot and it has so much dust between the screen that it's like having a 5mm thick screen protector on it and grrr it really sucks...

I really need a new phone and I'm here day and night as a lot of you see I live on this thread...

Pisses me off the only thing I can think of now is to harass them so much they send the OPP to my house lmao..

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
So far my only gripe (waited 10 min in line and took about 30 min to finish transaction HUP) is the $35 fee to Rogers (I'll argue that one with CSR) and this "Where's Waldo" app for the iPhone 4 Case Program.
Yes! Type "iPhone 4 Case Program" or just iPhone and you wont find it.
Why dont I use the iTunes on my MBP instead of the App Store app?
Because I like to use my data (6GB) as much as possible :)
I know Im being difficult but why cant I find this Case app on the App Store.
Checked under Apple Inc. and of course the "Lifestyle" section.
Bizzare that its suppose to be sitting there according to iTunes.

CanucksRock

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
Boy am I happy I'm not with Rogers. They are definitley Rip Off Artists.

I was walking by a Kiosk at lunch and noticed they have iPhone 4 Cases. They have the one I'm thinking of getting - so I asked the price - $40!!:eek:

This same case is only $25 at Best Buy and $20 on manufacturers US website.

I'll be making a trip to Best Buy instead.

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
Is their a good way to cancel Rogers without paying fee's? My current iPhone is having issues and I really want to get a new one and I know a place that has some but not Rogers.... I got my phone back in 2008 the iPhone 3G...

30th I lined up was told the number and I can get a phone and next you know hours later system crash they have less then they said...

7th I took off being told their is limited amount of phones and of course not 1 person on the internet found one for Rogers....

My current phone shuts off a lot and it has so much dust between the screen that it's like having a 5mm thick screen protector on it and grrr it really sucks...

I really need a new phone and I'm here day and night as a lot of you see I live on this thread...

Pisses me off the only thing I can think of now is to harass them so much they send the OPP to my house lmao..
Switch to Fido and Rogers will waive your ETF (if this is the first time you've done so).

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002

I was walking by a Kiosk at lunch and noticed they have iPhone 4 Cases. They have the one I'm thinking of getting - so I asked the price - $40!!:eek:

Please which case?

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada

im happy im with them, cases are expensive but there rententions plans beat the shorts off the other companies....its no match.

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
The 4th & 5th digits of the serial number correspond to the week.

I find the battery much better than 3G or 3GS. What kind of Usage (under Settings) do you see when the phone is at 30%?

b8b097b0.jpg

This is what I have now from 100% at 12pm when I left my house

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Fido is rogers though would I be able to expect any better service lol?

Probably not. However, you can sign a 3-year contract as a new customer and get the phone at $159. Then kijiji it for $800+, cancel everything with Fido and pay ECF + DECF ($500). You'll probably break even or make a few bucks.

Then you are free to go to Telus or Bell, and get screwed by them instead.

The problem is, you'll need a miracle to find a Fido kiosk with iPhone 4. But you can always line up in the morning at an Apple store.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Probably not. However, you can sign a 3-year contract as a new customer and get the phone at $159. Then kijiji it for $800+, cancel everything with Fido and pay ECF + DECF ($500). You'll probably break even or make a few bucks.

Then you are free to go to Telus or Bell, and get screwed by them instead.

The problem is, you'll need a miracle to find a Fido kiosk with iPhone 4. But you can always line up in the morning at an Apple store.

Why would someone buy it for $800 when they can buy it for $700ish brand new? That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Also, Fido does have better service than Rogers.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Why would someone buy it for $800 when they can buy it for $700ish brand new? That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Also, Fido does have better service than Rogers.

Haven't you been following the threads around here. Do you think anyone can slap "$700ish" down the table and demand an iPhone 4?

At a minimum, you need to line up for hours at an Apple store, that's only if you are lucky enough to live in a city with an Apple store, and lucky enough that they indeed receive a shipment on that day.

Go to kijiji, people are selling 32GB unlocked iPhone 4s at as much as $1200. To many people, time is worth more than a few hundred bucks.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Haven't you been following the threads around here. Do you think anyone can slap "$700ish" down the table and demand an iPhone 4?

At a minimum, you need to line up for hours at an Apple store, that's only if you are lucky enough to live in a city with an Apple store, and lucky enough that they indeed receive a shipment on that day.

Go to kijiji, people are selling 32GB unlocked iPhone 4s at as much as $1200. To many people, time is worth more than a few hundred bucks.

I only follow every now and then. Besides, I thought there was an option to order online and have it come within a few weeks?

DannySmurf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Called all the dealers and no phones..

Same here. Im calling Shenanigans. I don't believe for a second that Apple can supply millions of phones to the US, but can't manage to supply the Canadian carriers with a single phone in the week and a half after the release. Someone is holding back.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx258/Jkon68/b8b097b0.jpg

This is what I have now from 100% at 12pm when I left my house

I took mine off charge early this morning, maybe at 7am. I'm at 76% battery with 2:40 usage and about 11 hours standby. Of course also depends on what usage is based on.. Mine mostly mail,SMS,phone,safari..

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Same here. Im calling Shenanigans. I don't believe for a second that Apple can supply millions of phones to the US, but can't manage to supply the Canadian carriers with a single phone in the week and a half after the release. Someone is holding back.

problem is its not just canada...its 17 other countries.

do the math.

DannySmurf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
problem is its not just canada...its 17 other countries.

do the math.

I get that. You missed the point. It's not that I doubt supplies are tight; and I haven't forgotten the other countries. The problem is the fact that the Canadian CARRIERS are getting nothing. At all. The Apple stores are getting anywhere between 20 and 50 a day (at least in this part of the country). I called half of the Rogers and Bell stores in Calgary over the weekend and none had seen a single iPhone since launch day. NOT ONE.

So, two options:

1. The carriers are holding back distribution (unlikely)
2. Apple is holding out on the carriers. I can't think of any legitimate reason to have constant shipments to the Apple stores and ZERO to the carriers. Apple gets the money for the phones wherever they are sold.

Shenanigans.

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010

Call Rogers and asked to be put through Customer Relations. Dont rant and rave. Tell tehm your not happy with their service, and say you are considering swtiching over to someone else. Maybe consider getting credits off your monthly bill or negotiate a better plan with some freebies.

There are ways to have the advantage on your side. Dont get mad at the reps, just tell them you are frusatrated. They will help you out.

I got screwed by 2 stores on Launch day, and renogotiated my plan. I was paying 88 all in for a crappy plan, and now I am paying 55 all for the following. Use it to your advantage. My upgrade price for teh iphone was originally the 399 for the 16GB. I am going to get it for the $159 price.

Old Plan:
Corp 250 Early Eve/Weekend Plan 25.00
6GB Data $30.00
$5 Messaging Pack $5
Unlimited Early Eve Weekend $17.50
Free Call Display/VM
SAF+911
Corporate Discount 14% -$5.95
Total all in was $88

New Plan: $50 all in...
350 DT Minutes = $30 + 2.58grrf - $15MPC and 2.58 grrf credit = $15 VP
My 5 Local Talk, SMS, MMS and Video
Unlimited Eves+Weekend 6PM = Free
100LD = Free
Unlimited Network Calling +LD = $5
Unlimited Incoming Minutes - Free
Unlimited Local calling for 9 months = Free
Call Manager and Who Called = Free
Value Pack with Call ID, Voice Mail, 2500 Texts = $10
6GB Data = $30 - $10 data credit

Get what you want out of it. There's really no use ranting and raving on a message board. Get something that benifits you personally. I have saved $40on my plan and 15 on my wife's plan. If you go this route make sure you dont scream at them as that will do nothing for you at all.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
I get that. You missed the point. It's not that I doubt supplies are tight; and I haven't forgotten the other countries. The problem is the fact that the Canadian CARRIERS are getting nothing. At all. The Apple stores are getting anywhere between 20 and 50 a day (at least in this part of the country). I called half of the Rogers and Bell stores in Calgary over the weekend and none had seen a single iPhone since launch day. NOT ONE.

So, two options:

1. The carriers are holding back distribution (unlikely)
2. Apple is holding out on the carriers. I can't think of any legitimate reason to have constant shipments to the Apple stores and ZERO to the carriers. Apple gets the money for the phones wherever they are sold.

Shenanigans.

oh i definitely believe apple stores are getting first grabs at stock, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

apple stores seem to have a ton, carriers are getting 10-15 at a time.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Call Rogers and asked to be put through Customer Relations. Dont rant and rave. Tell tehm your not happy with their service, and say you are considering swtiching over to someone else. Maybe consider getting credits off your monthly bill or negotiate a better plan with some freebies.

There are ways to have the advantage on your side. Dont get mad at the reps, just tell them you are frusatrated. They will help you out.

I got screwed by 2 stores on Launch day, and renogotiated my plan. I was paying 88 all in for a crappy plan, and now I am paying 55 all for the following. Use it to your advantage. My upgrade price for teh iphone was originally the 399 for the 16GB. I am going to get it for the $159 price.

Old Plan:
Corp 250 Early Eve/Weekend Plan 25.00
6GB Data $30.00
$5 Messaging Pack $5
Unlimited Early Eve Weekend $17.50
Free Call Display/VM
SAF+911
Corporate Discount 14% -$5.95
Total all in was $88

New Plan: $50 all in...
350 DT Minutes = $30 + 2.58grrf - $15MPC and 2.58 grrf credit = $15 VP
My 5 Local Talk, SMS, MMS and Video
Unlimited Eves+Weekend 6PM = Free
100LD = Free
Unlimited Network Calling +LD = $5
Unlimited Incoming Minutes - Free
Unlimited Local calling for 9 months = Free
Call Manager and Who Called = Free
Value Pack with Call ID, Voice Mail, 2500 Texts = $10
6GB Data = $30 - $10 data credit

Get what you want out of it. There's really no use ranting and raving on a message board. Get something that benifits you personally. I have saved $40on my plan and 15 on my wife's plan. If you go this route make sure you dont scream at them as that will do nothing for you at all.

man im jelous....

i want the free MMS and video :(

i do have 1000 canadian LD though :D and 550 mins...otherwise our plans are identical in specs and price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.