Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
Did anybody order their iPhone online? I don't mean from Apple Store, but rather directly from a carrier such as Bell or Virgin. If so, did anyone receive theirs yet?

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
That sucks you three are having the prox problem. Does it happen every call you guys make or just intermittently?

I'm wondering if you all have the same build week or not? What is your build week?

Fortunately I don't have the problem. My build week is 29

mine is a week 29, i definitely have proximity issues, intermittent 2-3 times a week on avg of 30 calls.

sucks, but i can live with it.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
mine is a week 29, i definitely have proximity issues, intermittent 2-3 times a week on avg of 30 calls.

sucks, but i can live with it.

Weird...Me, you and Draz all have week 29 but I'm yet to see any prox issues. Here's hoping to it won't happen. I'm a little concerned as I was easily able to duplicate the antenna issue yesterday.

It was amazing that the second after I released my finger from the "spot" safari loaded right away. I guess it's not as bad here as it is in the US though, which is a good thing.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Weird...Me, you and Draz all have week 29 but I'm yet to see any prox issues. Here's hoping to it won't happen. I'm a little concerned as I was easily able to duplicate the antenna issue yesterday.

It was amazing that the second after I released my finger from the "spot" safari loaded right away. I guess it's not as bad here as it is in the US though, which is a good thing.

the prox. issue did not show up until 3 or 4 days ago, so it worked great for a few days.

antenna issue i get, but not really as bad as most have made it out to be.

my otterbox should be in somtime this week, so that should solve that issue.

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Don't know if I have the prox. or death grip issue yet because THERE IS NO ROGERS SERVICE IN NFLD!!!! Lol. What a joke.

I'll be in St. John's on Thursday and I'll give if a try then. Pretty much the only Rogers service on the island.

I'm going to unlock my daughters pay-as-you-go phone (Rogers also) today so I can put a Bell sim in it so we will have some cellphone service!

Cheers.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Don't know if I have the prox. or death grip issue yet because THERE IS NO ROGERS SERVICE IN NFLD!!!! Lol. What a joke.

I'll be in St. John's on Thursday and I'll give if a try then. Pretty much the only Rogers service on the island.

I'm going to unlock my daughters pay-as-you-go phone (Rogers also) today so I can put a Bell sim in it so we will have some cellphone service!

Cheers.

that sucks!

brand new phone and your on a 3 week vacation with no service!

i would be po'ed haha!

good luck!

time to get some towers in NFLD

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
Both my 16GB and my brothers 32GB's are week 32's... I have not noticed any proximity issues... really no issues at all...

I've already used it for 350 minutes of call time in one week, only 1 dropped call but that was in a cement underground parkade so I can't really blame the phone there haha

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
hmm how do you guys check which week is your phone built in?
Could be just me but lately my battery is draining really fast, 100% over night charge but by 9pm or so I'm down to 30%..is that normal?

I have wifi/bluetooth/location all off, email fetch sets at manual and brightness to about 60%

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
hmm how do you guys check which week is your phone built in?
Could be just me but lately my battery is draining really fast, 100% over night charge but by 9pm or so I'm down to 30%..is that normal?

I have wifi/bluetooth/location all off, email fetch sets at manual and brightness to about 60%

The 4th & 5th digits of the serial number correspond to the week.

I find the battery much better than 3G or 3GS. What kind of Usage (under Settings) do you see when the phone is at 30%?

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
The 4th & 5th digits of the serial number correspond to the week.

I find the battery much better than 3G or 3GS. What kind of Usage (under Settings) do you see when the phone is at 30%?

i have the opposite, the battery seems to be the same , or a little more....but not that big of a difference.

apple tested my battery and told me it was fine when i was in toronto.

Kane Hart

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
UPDATE (August 9, 2010, 1:05 PM) Hi everyone. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused this past weekend as many of you expected iPhone 4 to be back in stock at our stores. In an effort to get devices available as soon as possible, we are expediting all shipments to stores outside our normal process. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication on Friday and stock was not available as expected on Saturday.
We are trying to be as transparent as possible and provide you with timely information. Obviously, this isn’t a perfect process and we appreciate your patience. Stock that was en route Friday will be arriving in some stores today. Additional inventory will be arriving throughout the week. Due to high demand and limited quantities, we strongly recommend that you call ahead to ensure that iPhones are in stock.

Keith McArthur is Senior Director of Social Media at Rogers.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/iphone-4-launches-tomorrow-on-rogers/

Phone ahead? Most of them don't answer the phone and then you have the ones that are really rude and tired of the phone calls yet they tell us to phone ahead. This day in age why can't they setup a stock system on their site and show real time info on stock...

I work in a grocery store and can pretty much do this for people how come they can't on something is based on stock/computers.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada

Phone ahead? Most of them don't answer the phone and then you have the ones that are really rude and tired of the phone calls yet they tell us to phone ahead. This day in age why can't they setup a stock system on their site and show real time info on stock...

I work in a grocery store and can pretty much do this for people how come they can't on something is based on stock/computers.

rogers had independent dealers...

how can you track stock ?

Kane Hart

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
rogers had independent dealers...

how can you track stock ?

So what did they blow up over night? you did say had... Also very easy and better yet it does not even have to include live stock aka just sold out but they had stock sent in..

Also all the phones have serials that are entered into the system... If I stole a sealed box and then took it in and asked for it to be activated hell if they scan the phone it would show up as missing stock or better yet probably with sims these days it would send the info anyways?

So their is many ways to make life easy.

Xanderhoff

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2010
I'm week 30 then and I'll post a screen shot when I get home tonight.

WEEK 30?! are you kidding me. these units have been in production for 7 months already?

EDIT: I misunderstood - it's 30 weeks INTO 2010 that this means. I have week 29 which means it was produced in July! wow these things are hot off the factory lines.

Kane Hart

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
haha yeah that is what we use where I work. Week 30 and such so this week is 33 I think that last I looked.

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010

Seriously, if your not happy with their service, switch to another provider then.

Most Rogers stores are independent dealers. The only Rogers stores are the Rogers Plus stores. Your grocery store is a chain. Big difference there. What about Kraft, do they track all the stock of all the different chains?

Give it a rest dude.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
Where do you look to figure out the week number?

Numbers on the side represent week numbers.

week_cal.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.