Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Does anybody want me to move the content of the thread to a flickr group pool so that we can all add new cases without waiting on me? Eventually this thread will get overcrowded and be less useful.

I want to use flickr as a visual browser for all the cases with more info in the comments.

I already set up a sample.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1423000@N22/

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Twelvesouth BookArc for iPad
http://twelvesouth.com/products/BookArc-iPad/

posted about it here
http://www.thecreativeone.tv/socialblog/2010/3/31/twelvesouth-bookarc-for-ipad.html

main1bookarcforipad.jpg

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
I used to have a Vaja case for my Windows Mobile phone a few years ago. The craftsmanship was superb. I just noticed that they will be offering some nice cases for iPad as well. http://www.vajacases.com

They just released two new vaja cases today. I really like them. They have detachable face that covers the screen, so you can remove it and use it with the back of the case still attached, but the front comes completely off, so that you don't have to deal with a flap if you don't want to. It's like two cases in one. I might get this one for when I just want something to protect it and don't necessarily want to carry it as part of a portfolio (like the Happy Owl case is).

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I'll have to check later to see if that new Vaja case covers the aluminum bezel, too. I'm almost tempted to buy the $170 Vaja case while I'm kind of hesitant on buying a $110 Tom Bihn bag. That's probably because Vaja's products have a wow factor since they're so nicely made.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
I'll have to check later to see if that new Vaja case covers the aluminum bezel, too. I'm almost tempted to buy the $170 Vaja case while I'm kind of hesitant on buying a $110 Tom Bihn bag That's probably because Vaja's products have a wow factor since they're so nicely made.

It covers part of the aluminum bezel, but not all the way around. There is a space on the side for the switches, and then a space on the bottom and top, although the corners are covered. The plain one is $150, and the one with a stripe is $170.

wyneken

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2010
The great State of Maine
Like many folks here, I'm attracted to the Tom Bihn Ristretto -- but I do have one concern, based on a lot of staring at the small screen photos.

It looks to me like the top of the bag -- which does not zip shut, but is simply covered by a fold-over flap that buckles on the other side -- would allow rain to leak in at the sides. This seems odd for a product designed and made in Seattle.

Does anyone know more about this?

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
i just bought the timbuk2 classic messenger XS. it will fit on my needs. not just my ipad will fit but also some charger/IMP500 bottled water etc.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Vaja should work on combining nylon with their leather to design $120 bags instead of $600 bags. I'm sure they could design the best looking $120 bag.

Anyway, I'm sort of torn between bags. I would've probably already purchased a Tom Bihn Ristretto if they accepted PayPal. Timbuk2 looks good, though their logo, which is all over their bags, gives off some kind of surfer/punk vibe to me :rolleyes:. I'm not sure which to purchase.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Love that Arc stand. Cool. $40 not bad. Hope the silicon inserts don't leave marks over time though...

Those Vaja cases are beautiful but wow they don't give em away do they? :)

My wife went through two Vaja iPhone cases. Nice stuff.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
ACK! I shouldn't have looked at that beautiful orange Vaja case.....

Have a Vaja case for my first-gen iPhone and was so disappointed when it didn't fit the 3G / 3GS. This really is a clever idea the way they've got the protective cover that will snap on to the back out of the way when one wants to use the iPad.

Oh, dear, I shouldn't have looked......

PlayHard

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I got my Muzetto bag today. Now I'm so tempted by the Vaja case. It looks so nice. I need to hurry up and decide cuz the Vaja takes 35 days :eek:
Then again, since I'm having to wait for the 3G model, I guess it times out close enough. :D

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
By the way, for anybody buying a case from Vaja, this coupon should still work:

SPOILME

It should get you 10%-20% off if it's still valid.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
ACK! I shouldn't have looked at that beautiful orange Vaja case.....

Have a Vaja case for my first-gen iPhone and was so disappointed when it didn't fit the 3G / 3GS. This really is a clever idea the way they've got the protective cover that will snap on to the back out of the way when one wants to use the iPad.

Oh, dear, I shouldn't have looked......

I know what you mean!! I have a vaja case on my old ipod video, and I had been eyeing one of the crystal ones forever(which I don't think they make anymore) for my iphone... It was ridiculously priced, so in my warped brain $150 doesn't seem like THAT bad of a price, but logicially, it is! I will probably get one, but not until after I start my new job in June. That will give me plenty of time to decide what color I want, though. I love the orange but probably need to go more muted to look professional.

PlayHard

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'm laughing at myself here. By the time I'm finished I probably will end up having spent more money on various accessories for my iPad than the iPad itself! LOL!!!

I'm with you. I purposely am not adding it up because I don't want to know. Plus I'm thinking if I start counting the apps I'll be purchasing, this little iPad is going to wind up costing me a lot!

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
By the way, for anybody buying a case from Vaja, this coupon should still work:

SPOILME

It should get you 10%-20% off if it's still valid.

FWIW it still works. It got $25ish off the $170 case (i.e. 15%) but the shipping is $20 so it's almost a wash in that regard.

Still, thanks for this!

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
I ordered the Hard Candy iPad Bubble Sleeve on Monday and got it today (Wednesday).

The case is great! Its a combo of a hard case and a sleeve, really high quality with a few extra finishing touches that put it above some of the others I have seen.

I did a quick video overview today linked at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccSzlPYKdQ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.