Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
I ordered the Hard Candy iPad Bubble Sleeve on Monday and got it today (Wednesday).

The case is great! Its a combo of a hard case and a sleeve, really high quality with a few extra finishing touches that put it above some of the others I have seen.

I did a quick video overview today linked at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccSzlPYKdQ

Hard Candy has been blowing me off in emails about the delivery of my iPad case. I Pre-Ordered the hard case and emailed them about availability. I was told in an email from them that I would have it prior to the launch without a problem.

Here it is Wednesday night and still no case and they will not return my email asking them about it. I even asked if they could switch to a case that they have in stock.

It is a shame because the look to have really nice cases, but their customer service is lacking. Beware about ordering from them unless on line. If you can pick one up in person that would be better.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I ordered the Hard Candy iPad Bubble Sleeve on Monday and got it today (Wednesday).

The case is great! Its a combo of a hard case and a sleeve, really high quality with a few extra finishing touches that put it above some of the others I have seen.

I did a quick video overview today linked at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccSzlPYKdQ

Good video. That's a nice case. Did you get it in two days with standard shipping?

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Hard Candy has been blowing me off in emails about the delivery of my iPad case. I Pre-Ordered the hard case and emailed them about availability. I was told in an email from them that I would have it prior to the launch without a problem.

Here it is Wednesday night and still no case and they will not return my email asking them about it. I even asked if they could switch to a case that they have in stock.

It is a shame because the look to have really nice cases, but their customer service is lacking. Beware about ordering from them unless on line. If you can pick one up in person that would be better.

The only case in stock is the Bubble Sleeve, all others are pre orders so if you want it by launch or shortly after I'd say bubble sleeve is your best bet. Not sure why they dident respond to you, I had a good exp with them.

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
The only case in stock is the Bubble Sleeve, all others are pre orders so if you want it by launch or shortly after I'd say bubble sleeve is your best bet. Not sure why they dident respond to you, I had a good exp with them.

I would have ordered the bubble case but I was told specifically via email that the Hard Case would be in stock. I place my order on March 17th and spoke with them via email the same day.

Had they been more upfront I would have just ordered the bubble case and been done with it. I sent them another email asking if the hard case would not be ready could they swap it with a bubble case, they have yet to respond. Looks like I am going to have to cancel my order and pick up something else. Shame too, because they look real sturdy.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
i just bought the timbuk2 classic messenger XS. it will fit on my needs. not just my ipad will fit but also some charger/IMP500 bottled water etc.
Thanks for the suggestion. Based on your comment I just bought the timbuk2 freestyle netbook messenger; it appeared very similar to the classic xs except that it has an extra netbook compartment that is lined, and it was slightly cheaper too. There is plenty of room for the iPad, Kindle2 (in the case), and quite a few accessories and other items.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. Based on your comment I just bought the timbuk2 freestyle netbook messenger; it appeared very similar to the classic xs except that it has an extra netbook compartment that is lined, and it was slightly cheaper too. There is plenty of room for the iPad, Kindle2 (in the case), and quite a few accessories and other items.

I have a regular Timbuk2 Classic Messenger - Small, and my only complaint is that their shoulder straps tend to be short even when adjusted to full length.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I have a regular Timbuk2 Classic Messenger - Small, and my only complaint is that their shoulder straps tend to be short even when adjusted to full length.
Well I'm short myself (5' 6") and it fits me well enough. Unfortunately all that REI had was black, but that is OK (they don't make it in blue like I wanted).

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Well I'm short myself (5' 6") and it fits me well enough.

Yeah, I'm 6'1" and it doesn't quite reach where I'd like it to. Then again it is supposed to be a more traditional messenger bag for cyclists and such where it rides higher on the back.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I actually decided on going with a Timbuk2 messenger bag. They have nice bags, especially if you personalize it. I was going to get a "Timbuk2 Create Your Own Bag $125 Credit" from eBags for $100 plus $25 two day shipping (I guess double the price is worth it so it doesn't take an extra week, this is just a credit, I'll still have to order my bag) and a 20% Bing cashback, so $100 for a $125 credit. $120 shipped regularly for my order seemed a little overpriced considering I could get the same Timbuk2 bag that isn't custom for half the price. Whenever I try logging into my PayPal account in Safari and Chrome I've been getting an error. I hope PayPal isn't playing an April Fool's joke :rolleyes:. I guess I'll try again in a little while.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I actually decided going with a Timbuk2 messenger bag. They have nice bags, especially if you personalize it. I was going to get "Timbuk2 Create Your Own Bag $125 Credit" from eBags for $100 plus $25 two day shipping (I guess double the price is worth it so it doesn't take an extra week, this is just a credit, I'll still have to order my bag) and a 20% Bing cashback, so $100 for a $125 credit. $120 shipped regularly for my order seemed a little overpriced considering I could get the same Timbuk2 bag that isn't custom for half the price. Whenever I try logging into my PayPal account in Safari and Chrome I've been getting an error. I hope PayPal isn't playing an April Fool's joke :rolleyes:. I guess I'll try again in a little while.

This is exactly how I got my Timbuk2 bag last year. Timbuk2 Gift card through ebags.com and used Bing cashback.

The cool thing is that Timbuk2's customer service is top notch. Their bags are handmade and the first one had a small defect (they accidentally sewed the key lanyard to the side of the front pocket). When I contacted them, they sent me a new custom bag absolutely free and did not want the first one back.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I'm laughing at myself here. By the time I'm finished I probably will end up having spent more money on various accessories for my iPad than the iPad itself! LOL!!!

Exactly, the Apple accessory market makes billions a year.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
This is exactly how I got my Timbuk2 bag last year. Timbuk2 Gift card through ebags.com and used Bing cashback.

The cool thing is that Timbuk2's customer service is top notch. Their bags are handmade and the first one had a small defect (they accidentally sewed the key lanyard to the side of the front pocket). When I contacted them, they sent me a new custom bag absolutely free and did not want the first one back.

Which colors did you get? I think I'll do black on the left and right, gunmetal in the middle, with a dark red logo. On the deluxe messenger bag, the racing stripe looks really good.

2_f_jb-ball.gunmetal-ball.revlonred.jpeg

(that's the deluxe messenger bag, the smallest size is for 15" laptops, though)

I wish they offered the racing stripe as an option on the custom messenger bags. Or they could offer the deluxe messenger bag in the extra small size. Still, I'd like a black trim around the bag.

How padded is the laptop/separate compartment on the regular messenger bags? I've heard them use fairly padded, while the Freestyle messenger designed for netbooks has more padding.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Has anyone seen or heard of any stores (Best Buy, etc.) that will have any kind of iPad case in stock over the weekend, other than the Apple Store of course?

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Has anyone seen or heard of any stores (Best Buy, etc.) that will have any kind of iPad case in stock over the weekend, other than the Apple Store of course?

BestBuy lists Targus and Incase iPad cases/bags in its' inventory system. They might have the official iPad accessories as well. This probably partly depends upon whether your store is actually getting the iPad, though.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

The Best Buy playbook states they will have the Apple case, some Targus case, and an Incase case. No word on what the Targus and Incase products are like, or at least none that I have seen.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I got a blue/red/blue bag (Red Sox colors).

Looks nice. I'm considering a black and red combination, too. By the way, which size is that? Could the extra small hold an Apple wireless keyboard? That's one of the things I always want to carry around with my iPad, which sounds like a good idea. I asked a seller on eBay if they would take a picture of the code so I don't have to wait a week before I can even put an order through with Timbuk2.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Incipio Dermashot looks pretty good, i would like to see some more texute on the back for better grip haha..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 121

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
which size is that?

Mine's a small. Not sure about the keyboard and the XS. I don't know if I'll use mine to carry the iPad since the small is actually pretty big. I used to use it to carry a netbook along with my textbooks and even then I still had plenty of space.

decson

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
London, UK
My Muzetto Personal & hard graft eReader case

Am happy to say, the hard graft iPad case arrived, it will be very snug with iPad in the Muzetto but I think thats a good thing!

Now just got to get a thin portfolio style case, like the standard wallet from Happy Owl for work.

Even putting a thick book in still gave me room in the pockets (front & back) for S8 Dexim charger & sync cable, & more.. (i.e. camera attachment):p

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 126
  • bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 129
  • bag3.jpg
    bag3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 119
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.