Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Trying to be reasonable with a straightforward response; it really doesn't matter to me as I have no intention of purchasing a Nexus and maybe when I'm in the phone store I will take a look at it. My focus is, and maybe there are a bunch of us, is what can I do on my iphone and how can I get it done? It would be nice if the phone was perfect, but nothing is perfect at least for me. Using the phone for business, means due to configuration, can't really switch back and forth on devices without reconfiguration.
And when I buy Apple's flagship I expect it to maintain the original performance state for 2 years.The things that can be done on an iPhone can easily be done on Nexus as well and smoothly to boot and at a lower price than 6S

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
And when I buy Apple's flagship I expect it to maintain the original performance state for 2 years.The things that can be done on an iPhone can easily be done on Nexus as well and smoothly to boot and at a lower price than 6S
Well maybe you need to lower that expectation or move from the Apple ecosystem to another ecosystem if you are not being well served by where you are.

Reactions: Jayderek

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Your 6s has an issue. No lag or stutter or anything else but smoothness (except control panel) on my 6s, even with animations and transparency off..

I need an 6S+ version too :D
My Note 5 on 5.1.1 makes my 6S+ look rather poor.

That's your opinion, which of course you are entitled to and of course that is what the various posts are all about. Are they? Arent they? It does. It doesn't. etc. Saying some of these things in an on-line forum does not make any of this "fact".

Opinion, perception, etc ...
It becomes rather blatant when as I suspect he did like I did with my Note 5 and 6S+, place them side by side and do a live compare. It is amazing how poor the 6S+ really is.

Yes ... restore every which way I could including DFU. No joy :(

Reactions: Radon87000

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
That would be a fantastic option if Apple decoupled app updates from OS updates (though I think they have the same problem in OS X).
iMore did a piece on why it goes against the nature of iOS which is why Apple does this.BS if you ask me

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I know and it's one area where Apple could stand to learn from Google Nexus because they offer all the advantages of the iPhone and has this in addition
I never cared about ui animations and wish I can turn them all off. I know others do care and some of the stuttering is not acceptable. I don't care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.