Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone: do you use a case?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
so, while I'm at home, I use my iPhone naked... however every time I go someplace I throw my "SLEEK" case on. With stress tests and all, I'm wondering what people have decided to do. Comments/Poll replies appreciated.

ALSO: if you're using a case, post which one.

I use a "SLEEK" case.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Iv got mine in an incase thing. its really nice to know that the back isnt going to turn into my ipod back, all scratched..

sikuss

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
I use mine naked, I don't see the need for a case that protects a brushed metal body. My girlfriend, on the other hand, likes her rubber case that protects the phone.

To each his or her own i guess...

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I don't care about scratching the back. It's a phone, not Stradivarius. BUT I do care about cracking the screen. The iPhone is one slippery sucker. One split second of inattention or a weak grab can lead to disaster. So I say, case it is. Always.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I bought the Griffen Elan for walking around:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elansnapin/

For $10 more you can get the top half too. :D I actually bought this case and love it. It's available at ATT stores.

media.nl

http://www.case-mate.com/s.nl/it.A/id.254/.f

ssh

macrumors member
May 6, 2005
Mine will wear an InvisibleShield (as soon as it arrives, that is). It's worked great on my video iPod, so figure it will work at least as well on my iPhone...

CReynolds

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Boulder, CO
No case for my iPhone. The benefit of a case doesn't really outweight the cost of messing with the unit's form-factor, in my opinion.

VCD20

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
DFW Metroplex
Got a nice Belkin leather case with belt clip, inner is a very soft materal.
Picked up a Discovery plantronics bluetooth so I can use it when driving and working. Also have an Incase rubber for when it is out of the holster case at home.

Fredo521

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2007
Mass, USA
I don't want to fatten the iphone or put any cover on it when I'm using it because it's beautiful, but I still wanted something to clip to my belt so it doesnt slip out of my pocket. Perfect solution: iQase Swift.

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
I use the clear hard shell case from belkin. It is nice and allows me to prop the phone on a table to sit back and watch a movie.

azhagan

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I currently use an incase leather case when I go out but after looking at that video from pcmag I am thinking about going naked.

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I am naked all the way except for a vertical slim case to clip it on my belt. Has speaker grill in the bottom for the mic and speaker. It slips right out no closes and all. I believe it is a Belkin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.