Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone: do you use a case?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
iPhone is unscratchable. But it is shatterable.

:eek: :eek: :eek: (my fake photoshop- dont go calling me a liar!:mad:)

brokenifoneappleintelrock.jpg
CLICK TO ENLARGE

Unscratchable? Don't know if I would go that far ;)

agreed. :p

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I say Naked! I will look after it though, but I want it to be in my pocket, with a case surely its too big?

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
people really like to say "naked/nude" :p :p

I say Naked! I will look after it though, but I want it to be in my pocket, with a case surely its too big?
my incase adds about .1mm of size, and I think enhances my phone....

Naked, but with crystal film. It just makes it easier to remove all those fingerprints and smudges.
link to the film? i've always been reluctant to use these things...

Naked, however I still have the protective film over the top.
again... link? how do you like it?

I prefer nude! :p :D

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
meh. thats what you get for quickly opening your iPhone box right outside the store... on concrete no less...
:rolleyes:

Yeah that video just made me cringe when I first saw it. Guess my "crazy" ritual of bring my new Apple products home and slowly opening them on my dining rooming table is paying off despite what my wife thinks :p

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I really like the reviews that after two weeks of the iPhone being in a pocket with change and keys that no scratches were visible, I don't have a case, but I now keep keys and change in the other pocket, just cuz I don't want to test that whole thing.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
my first iPhone's glass cracked in a corner, so I'm paranoid, and I have a case. I'm looking for the film so it'll possibly be easier to clean.

But mostly I have the iPhone in my incase leather case because it's not as slippery and there's a belt clip, which comes in handy because attached to my belt it doesn't stick out of my pants pockets in a way that feels like it would fall out. Or to clip it to my purse handle when I need my hands free for a moment..and things like that.

But it obviously doesn't fit in the dock with the case on, so I'm sort of torn between using it and not using it.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Whelp, I'm completely torn at this point. While in my incase (http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59019) the iPhone feels kind of protected, not slippery and satisfying. However, I've never held any other device in my hands what feels so fantastic without a case. The iPhone's build quality is simply stunning and it really is a treat for the senses when you get to interact with the iPhone, class, metal, and all- without a case getting in the way. I just feel so irresponsible not using a case...

When I first created this survey, I voted that sometimes I use the case, and sometimes I don't, however, with the incase (http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59019) you can't take it on and off twice a day... or the bottom strip of rubber will soon become lose. (after about three months) of use*. On the other hand, I can't use any other case- they all feel simply sub par. So this is a very tearing issue for me, and I still don't know what to do. No matter how much I dissect the issue, I can't see myself not using a case- the is the iPhone for gosh sakes. I'd like to hear from the people who don't use a case every week or so... with updates.

*based on other incase product use.

takrocks

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2007
Boston, MA
Invisible Shield

I pre-ordered the invisible shield. Seems awesome, just trying to keep it pretty til then. I'm told it'll get here thursday or friday.

must....keep....firm....grip...and...not...slide...on...abrasive...surface...

I'm a klutz, so I may get something for impact protection too. :)

~Tak

zelman

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
I was all for naked. Then I dented my iPhone by dropping it about 2 feet onto some stairs on which I was sitting. Now I'm looking for a nice case.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
I pre-ordered the invisible shield. Seems awesome, just trying to keep it pretty til then. I'm told it'll get here thursday or friday.

must....keep....firm....grip...and...not...slide...on...abrasive...surface...

I'm a klutz, so I may get something for impact protection too. :)

~Tak

how does the invisible shield work win an iPod? I hated having to wet my trek when I used the invisible shield.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.