Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Got my local watch-store-24mm-leather-band today and put the SG Amazon adapters on it.
Now I only need the  Watch here......2 more days.

2KQTBKOl.jpg

0NqzmfQl.jpg

vq8tMWbl.jpg

The 24mm looks like the right size for 42mm adapters to me....

TBH I don't know if I put them the right way on the band....we'll see in a couple of day!

edit: mmmmm....looks like I put them on the band upside down: the middle metal thingie has to face down I think.

Yep! I noticed the mistake as soon as I saw the middle button area. I've done that too but with the spring bar adapter. I found it really helps to lay everything out face up with the watch base too before you attach anything just to avoid that happening.

Did you use threadlocker on the screws? Should be using threadlocker or the screws will come out (based on the experience of others on here and Apple's guidelines). If you did use threadlocker, the screws should be tossed and new ones used with threadlocker. Did your adapter source send extra?

The band looks great BTW! Nice rich brown and the adapters look like a nice color. Please post when you get them installed. Welcome to the watch club LOL.

slvrscoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
NJ
Got my local watch-store-24mm-leather-band today and put the SG Amazon adapters on it.
Now I only need the  Watch here......2 more days.

The 24mm looks like the right size for 42mm adapters to me....

TBH I don't know if I put them the right way on the band....we'll see in a couple of day!

edit: mmmmm....looks like I put them on the band upside down: the middle metal thingie has to face down I think.
Im interested to see how it looks, did you order the SB or SG watch for those black/grey adapters? I havent decided if the brown leather on the black body would look good or silly. (black shoes, brown pants kinda thing)

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
I'd rather have yours. I got my 42mm loop from the Utica guy and I'm not happy with it. The band is not edge to edge with the lug and just look horrible IMO. The band doesn't seem wide enough for the 42mm. It's already on the way back for a refund.

View attachment 570123

Wow that's weird they would have the mesh band way shorter width-wise than the adapter. Almost like the mesh was suppose to go on a 38mm adapter instead of the 42mm. Thanks for sharing the pic and review.

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Just received my CLONE Milanese Loop in the mail. Not happy with it...
WwgCKsP.png

iDSSTSB.png

V8Q5hz1.png

Doesn't look that bad. Apart from the creases (maybe you got a defective model) the rest of the band looks pretty good..at least for the price.

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
Wow that's weird they would have the mesh band way shorter width-wise than the adapter. Almost like the mesh was suppose to go on a 38mm adapter instead of the 42mm. Thanks for sharing the pic and review.

It's almost like whatever factory made them took the cheap road and used the same width bands for both versions.

The pics of the product are not the same apparently. IS that the one you've ordered?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Watch...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item8736da3cd4

Yes, I clicked on your link and it said "you bought this item". It's too bad, other than the width issue the band was nice. The magnet was super strong, too.

I failed to get a picture of it but on the other lug there was a enough room for the band to move side to side a bit, too.

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
It's almost like whatever factory made them took the cheap road and used the same width bands for both versions.

Yes, I clicked on your link and it said "you bought this item". It's too bad, other than the width issue the band was nice. The magnet was super strong, too.

Wow so misleading.. You should tell utica guy to update his pics.. That's not right to do such thing.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
I'd rather have yours. I got my 42mm loop from the Utica guy and I'm not happy with it. The band is not edge to edge with the lug and just look horrible IMO. The band doesn't seem wide enough for the 42mm. It's already on the way back for a refund.

View attachment 570123

I took a look at the listing and it definitely differs from the photo. Wonder if all of the 42mms he has are like that and/or if he is aware of it. If they are, he should send them all back to his supplier and get a credit. No one would be happy with a band that doesn't fit the adapter.

bsbuggs

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
WOW..lots of great info here, thanks to ALL of you that posted your orders and reviews of the various bands and adapters.

Now I have read this post front to back..Question.
I have the Hoko black/space 3 lug stainless band ordered and the 5 lug just to see which one fits and looks best on me...i have the SGS, the question I have is would It be best to order the pins style adapter which is an extra 18.00 or is the Hoko adapter sufficient. ?

Armski

macrumors regular
May 28, 2015
Englishman in NY
WOW..lots of great info here, thanks to ALL of you that posted your orders and reviews of the various bands and adapters.

Now I have read this post front to back..Question.
I have the Hoko black/space 3 lug stainless band ordered and the 5 lug just to see which one fits and looks best on me...i have the SGS, the question I have is would It be best to order the pins style adapter which is an extra 18.00 or is the Hoko adapter sufficient. ?

The general consensus is the pin style (Spring bar, Utica Guy, Freedomoclock09) looks why better. Less of a gap between the band and the watch, also no gaps on either side. It's looks flush.

Reactions: bsbuggs

bsbuggs

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
The general consensus is the pin style (Spring bar, Utica Guy, Freedomoclock09) looks why better. Less of a gap between the band and the watch, also no gaps on either side. It's looks flush.

I was just about to refine my question, as Im am really tired from reading all this info.. You hit it on the head.. thanks placing order now.

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Did anyone one pick up the milanese mesh loop that was on groupon last week? Mine just arrived and I'm not too impressed with the adapters. They don't seem to fit snug on the watch. There is also some "play" to the adapters if you move the bands side to side. Has anyone else had similar issues with theirs?

annay49

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
Did anyone one pick up the milanese mesh loop that was on groupon last week? Mine just arrived and I'm not too impressed with the adapters. They don't seem to fit snug on the watch. There is also some "play" to the adapters if you move the bands side to side. Has anyone else had similar issues with theirs?

That makes me sad, I picked one up from them last week, but it hasn't even shipped yet. Pretty sure it's lost. :( Can you post some photos

Reytiros

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2015
Germany
my small collection of bands :D
only the loops were bought from apple, milanese loop and link bracelet are replicas (btw i switched from sport to steel)

Attachments

• Foto 22.07.15 16 12 19.jpg
    Foto 22.07.15 16 12 19.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 538
Reactions: AlliFlowers

ianfann

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
my small collection of bands :D
only the loops were bought from apple, milanese loop and link bracelet are replicas (btw i switched from sport to steel)
Great collection there! I am still waiting for the 1:1 clone of the link bracelet to come out. How is the one that you have now? Is the workmanship good?

Reytiros

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2015
Germany
Great collection there! I am still waiting for the 1:1 clone of the link bracelet to come out. How is the one that you have now? Is the workmanship good?
the quality is outstanding, the built in adapters fit seamlessly and doesn't wobble
i'm very satisfied

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
That makes me sad, I picked one up from them last week, but it hasn't even shipped yet. Pretty sure it's lost. :( Can you post some photos

I'll take a few pics over my lunch break. If I have time I'll try to make a video to so you can see how the adapters move around.

Ridder

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
Netherlands
Yep! I noticed the mistake as soon as I saw the middle button area. I've done that too but with the spring bar adapter. I found it really helps to lay everything out face up with the watch base too before you attach anything just to avoid that happening.

Did you use threadlocker on the screws? Should be using threadlocker or the screws will come out (based on the experience of others on here and Apple's guidelines). If you did use threadlocker, the screws should be tossed and new ones used with threadlocker. Did your adapter source send extra?

The band looks great BTW! Nice rich brown and the adapters look like a nice color. Please post when you get them installed. Welcome to the watch club LOL.

There was some blue thread locker /Locktite stuff on the little bolts.
Maybe put some extra on...or nail polish , there are no extra bolts with the adapter.

I corrected my mistake and the adapters should be correctly installed on the band now....we'll know in a day

Ridder

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
Netherlands
Im interested to see how it looks, did you order the SB or SG watch for those black/grey adapters? I havent decided if the brown leather on the black body would look good or silly. (black shoes, brown pants kinda thing)

The adapter is for a 42mm Space Gray Sport....let's see how it looks.
I also have some reservation about the black/brown combo...

pixelwix

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011

Here you go. I wasn't able to make a video because I have nothing around to hold my phone stead and it takes two hands to show the "wobble" between the watch and adapter. You can position the adapter to look flush, but it won't stay that way for long. Maybe I'm being picky but given the fact groupon says this band goes for $100 normally, I'd have expected more.

EDIT - also as an FYI, the adapters do not have a consistent finish. The sides are polished by the front and backs are brushed. The clasp is also brushed.

IMG_6419.JPG IMG_6420.JPG IMG_6418.JPG

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.