Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael887

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
iPhone 5s 32 gold ordered 20th with case and dock
Got the processing email 23th :(
Same day got the dock and case shipped
Till now the 5s is still in processing stage
Meaning 8 days till today
Anyone with same situation? :(

----------

I've started to hate the gold 5s @.@

We all are (im)patiently awaiting our Gold phones. On numerous occasions, I had the opportunity to get the 5s storage model I wanted... just not in Gold colour. We all seem to love to hate the Gold phone, but really we all just hate the long wait/process to get it.

At least we'll be getting the colour that's the talk of the town, once it arrives. The "ooohhhh's" and "aaaahhhh's" of having a gold phone, will more than make up for the pain suffered now. I can't help but feel sorry for those people who invested their time, for other colours of the 5s. Stores seem to be getting regular shipments of everything but Gold 5s's.

ThePeacemaker02

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Yeah, I'm wondering what the deal is with the gold. Did they just not know what to expect? It seems like they are shipping out way less frequently than the others.

bosawx33

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
South Orange, NJ
My Stupidity

At 3:01 eastern time on the 20th I had both the Verizon and Apple website open, tried buying from Verizon first after Verizon rep assured me if I were to order as soon as it was released I could get it in a few days. Went through the motions on Verizons website. Turns out they couldnt accept my college address. Ended up ordering my 64 gb Gold 5s from Apple at 3:13 AM. As i selected the iPhone it said 1-2 day shipping, as i entered my adress it went up to 2-3, after I entered my credit card it said 3-5, and by the time I clicked Place Order it had gone all the way up to 7-10 day. It's now October 1 and the shipping status just changed from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment".

Any idea when I can expect it to switch from "PtS" to "shipped"

Michael887

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
At 3:01 eastern time on the 20th I had both the Verizon and Apple website open, tried buying from Verizon first after Verizon rep assured me if I were to order as soon as it was released I could get it in a few days. Went through the motions on Verizons website. Turns out they couldnt accept my college address. Ended up ordering my 64 gb Gold 5s from Apple at 3:13 AM. As i selected the iPhone it said 1-2 day shipping, as i entered my adress it went up to 2-3, after I entered my credit card it said 3-5, and by the time I clicked Place Order it had gone all the way up to 7-10 day. It's now October 1 and the shipping status just changed from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment".

I remember last year when I ordered the 5, it took roughly 24 hrs to change. Because of this trainwreck of a launch... it really depends on your luck (anything over 3 days, and I would be worried).

hexaplusnone

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009

There is a spreadsheet not enough users yet to get a good metric but add yours:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZ3lK42QLE3dEJFclRKdGZ6VUNPaE5vZDRNY3dPZnc&usp=sharing

I ordered at 12:10 and got mine went to preparing to ship yesterday.

Original ship time was 1-3 business after payment, by the time I got confirmation the next morning said 7-10.

esmer91

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
I live on Long Island, NY and I was ready to give up on my search for a gold 32 or 64 gig model for AT&T.. Until around 1pm yesterday, Best Buys website showed they had 32 gb in stock at a store about half an hour from me! I called to make sure, and they said that they only had TWO so I rushed to pick it up. Walked out with my gold baby within 15 minutes :)

So from my experience, I would highly suggest using best buy's online inventory check.. But note it's only on the desktop version of the site, and you have to go to the phone's product page first, then click "check availability" hidden in there somewhere. Also definitely call the store to double-check that the phone is actually available and not reserved for another customer

----------

Ironically I had also reserved a 64 gb gold model at the same best buy on launch day, but they have not called me for that yet.. And since 32 was available sooner I just settled

chidoriko

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Toronto, ON, Canada
I live on Long Island, NY and I was ready to give up on my search for a gold 32 or 64 gig model for AT&T.. Until around 1pm yesterday, Best Buys website showed they had 32 gb in stock at a store about half an hour from me! I called to make sure, and they said that they only had TWO so I rushed to pick it up. Walked out with my gold baby within 15 minutes :)

So from my experience, I would highly suggest using best buy's online inventory check.. But note it's only on the desktop version of the site, and you have to go to the phone's product page first, then click "check availability" hidden in there somewhere. Also definitely call the store to double-check that the phone is actually available and not reserved for another customer

----------

Ironically I had also reserved a 64 gb gold model at the same best buy on launch day, but they have not called me for that yet.. And since 32 was available sooner I just settled

Sigh. I would have done that, as the gold seemed to be available at my nearest Best Buy but I really want a factory unlocked phone.

Michael887

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Yup! They're all tied to a 2 year agreement.

*Grumble, grumble, grumble* Kinda had a feeling that that might be their conditions. I have pretty much tried every Apple Store in the GTA (Ontario). Oh well, when all else fails I still have my online order.

mramos8

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
It's been 24hrs or more since my status changed to "Preparing for shipment" when i will get "SHIPPED"? :(

iPhone 5S 32gbs GOLD tmo (unlocked)
iPhone 5S 16gbs SILVER tmo (unlocked)

Johnb2002

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
iPhone 5s Verizon 32GB Space Gray - device only, full price

Apple Store - Leawood, KS

This store had all storage sizes of space gray for Verizon.

Exio

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Anyone know how long you have to pickup an iphone reserved online at the apple store?

chidoriko

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Toronto, ON, Canada

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Tried a Best Buy store, guy had a few left, took me 25 minutes to get there, they were gone.

Luckily, 2 Apple stores in my Los Angeles area had space gray 5S. I ordered online and picked up in store within an hour. I'm not even the account holder (family plan), so technically my mom was only "allowed" to pick the phone up, but since I paid with my credit card, the Apple genius (nice older woman) said she'd let it slide. :D And I'm glad she did because my mom lives where I'm from in Ohio.

It's not activated yet, but its sititng next to me, case and protectors coming in the mail, should arrive by Friday/Saturday. I'm a happy camper. Was gonna wait for the 6, but I'll just sell the 5S and get the 6 next year. :D

jdsingle

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Getting irritated that I still have to wait for this phone to be shipped to me VZW! 5 more days, I guess I will live....maybe

Stuck with an HTC EVO 4G LTE at the moment and I just picked up a new rMBP. Would be nice to have better integration between my pieces of hardware as my Android device is not playing well.

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Had a gold on order for October but canceled it and online pocked up a 32gb silver. Loving this with the red leather case.

clabern

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2013
Virginia
Bit the bullet...

I had a 32GB Space Grey on order with Verizon, but I called my local store last night and they had a 64GB in stock, so I said what the heck! Had no problems purchasing with our business account upgrade without activating. The guy said that he recommended I activate it for at least a minute on the line just to clear the ESN, so I did that last night and just immediately re-activated the original phone on the line.

So far I love it. I popped in my T-Mobile $30 unlimited data sim, was pleasantly surprised to find I have full LTE coverage here in Lynchburg. T-Mobile's service still sucks outside of the main city, so I'm gunna order AIO service which will hopefully take over my full needs and I can just scrap my USCC service.

My only "meh" is the louder "click" the home button makes.

rudiboy

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
Canada
Has any one ordered an unlocked space grey from apple in the last few days? I was thinking about ordering one now but I'm curious what the wait time is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.