Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WSFrazier

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2006
Hola

I'm really exited to get my iP5s (16, silver,T-M). I ordered through T-Moble through my company discount site. Which was broken horribly, it wasn't even set up to add sales tax. So finally after being charged the appropriate amount (1hour on phone W/CS) They told me it would be 4-8weeks, sad though somewhat expected. The next day I got an email from T-Moble that it had shipped!!!
order 10/1/13, ship 10/2/13, couldn't be happier :) goodbye Sprint!!

This is great news, as I was going to order the same exact phone, 5S, Silver, 16GB, T-M, and also use my company's discount page. Will order today.

koolzero

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I ordered 2 64 GB gold on AT&T on September 30th. Anyone order late in September and received any shipping information yet?

Mine probably won't arrive until late October or early November.

mramos8

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
Gold 32gbs tmo (unlocked)
Silver 16gbs tmo (unlocked)

Both shipped out yestarday from china!!!

FINALLY!!!

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
Any word on whether or not Foxconn is shutting down for the week?

Don't know for sure-- probably not for the week. Holiday started on the 1st and it's now almost the 4th in China, and several people's orders went from processing to preparing for shipment in the last 24 hours, so take that for what it's worth. I have no idea how long it takes between the time a phone is built, QC'd and packaged to the time it is assigned an order to trigger that order status change... but I imagine it's not long enough that things would be changing recently if the factory were closed.

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
Anyone else at this step?

Incheon, Korea, Republic of 10/03/2013 11:20 P.M. Departure Scan
10/03/2013 8:26 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 10/03/2013 5:25 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 10/02/2013 8:33 P.M. Arrival Scan
10/02/2013 8:00 P.M. Departure Scan
10/02/2013 5:27 P.M. Origin Scan
China 10/02/2013 3:21 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm sort of skeptical that it can be in Korea now and that it will be in my hands tomorrow.

I'm in the group that had 1-3 business days when I ordered and then it changed to 7-10 days at checkout. Ordered 3:08 am EST. 16 Gb, gold, AT&T.

Is there still hope I'll have this before the weekend?

mochikat

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
text message from at&t?

Hey guys,

I'm curious: did anyone get a text message from At&t stating "Thank you for recent iphone upgrade! Before your order arrives..." and then get a shipping notification from apple shortly thereafter?

I'm asking because I ordered my phone from the apple store on 9/20 and JUST got this text message today. I wonder if it's any indication that apple is getting ready to charge my card and ship my phone?

I ordered a 16 gb gold at approx 10 AM PST.

Thanks!

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm curious: did anyone get a text message from At&t stating "Thank you for recent iphone upgrade! Before your order arrives..." and then get a shipping notification from apple shortly thereafter?

I'm asking because I ordered my phone from the apple store on 9/20 and JUST got this text message today. I wonder if it's any indication that apple is getting ready to charge my card and ship my phone?

I ordered a 16 gb gold at approx 10 AM PST.

Thanks!

I got that message today at 6:12 pm, but got my shipping notice yesterday.

Z.childers

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Anyone else at this step?

Incheon, Korea, Republic of 10/03/2013 11:20 P.M. Departure Scan
10/03/2013 8:26 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 10/03/2013 5:25 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 10/02/2013 8:33 P.M. Arrival Scan
10/02/2013 8:00 P.M. Departure Scan
10/02/2013 5:27 P.M. Origin Scan
China 10/02/2013 3:21 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm sort of skeptical that it can be in Korea now and that it will be in my hands tomorrow.

I'm in the group that had 1-3 business days when I ordered and then it changed to 7-10 days at checkout. Ordered 3:08 am EST. 16 Gb, gold, AT&T.

Is there still hope I'll have this before the weekend?

You should be in good hands depending on where you are. I am in Indianapolis with the same delivery date of tomorrow, and mine left Anchorage at 3:34 p.m. today. You may want to track it again and marvel at the quick turnaround time in Alaska. It's almost here!

I assume it is this flight: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS81 with a scheduled arrival time of 1:32 AM (ET) in Louisville. I have a good feeling about it, but it may be cutting it close!

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
I was 5th on the best buy reserve list and I am now 3rd :). I doubt they will get 3 phones tomorrow so I will be waiting until early next week sometime :)

mochikat

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
I got that message today at 6:12 pm, but got my shipping notice yesterday.

Thanks doctapeppa! I still haven't gotten a shipping notification so maybe att is just jumping the gun and sending this message out to everyone. I'm hoping that there's a correlation between the message and my phone being shipped however, it looks like you several hours before I did so maybe there isn't a correlation. :(

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
You should be in good hands depending on where you are. I am in Indianapolis with the same delivery date of tomorrow, and mine left Anchorage at 3:34 p.m. today. You may want to track it again and marvel at the quick turnaround time in Alaska. It's almost here!

I assume it is this flight: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS81 with a scheduled arrival time of 1:32 AM (ET) in Louisville. I have a good feeling about it, but it may be cutting it close!

Oh man! you are awesome. I've been trying to figure out how to do this as I had seen it on previous years. Now, I'm going to totally stalk my package before it gets here. Thanks.

gomero

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
It seems that Apple is adjusting its inventories and logistics, hope they will have something for me later this month when I will be visting the US(Olando/Miami) :D

blah007

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2011
After returning iPhone 5s 16gb silver at a store to go to a different store to buy what I wanted (iPhone 5s silver 32gb) and multiple stressful phone calls to AT&T, I finally got the 32gb.

I always had 16gb iPhones. Finally got a 32gb one. :)

thealvintran

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2013
Joining in the bandwagon I guess. I originally ordered 2 Gold 5S on Sept 25, but then cancelled the orders on Oct 1 thinking I would be able to get the phones sooner by in store pick up. But one thing leads to another, and after several phone calls, my pick up order went horribly wrong, and I had to cancel the orders for pick up when I was at the store ready to pick them up. So what does that mean? I'm back to the back of the waiting line I guess. [sigh]

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
Just checked my order status (after checking earlier this morning) and my order for a Space Grey 32GB 5S just switched to Preparing for Shipment.

Ordered it factory unlocked in Hong Kong (being delivered to Hong Kong). The ship date had said "October" since I ordered it on Sept. 20 just after midnight.

No further update on the ship date, though. Still says October, but now the order status changed. I guess there is a remote chance of shipping tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath. My best guess is that it would ship Monday or Tuesday and arrive by the end of the week. It is still Golden Week in Mainland China but here in Hong Kong, we just got Tuesday as a holiday and the next public holiday is on the 14th.

jdsingle

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
DAMN IT! I ordered the 16GB Space Grey from Verizon over the phone on September 20 in the evening. I was told it would ship on October 7. Decided to call them up to check on status of order today, they canceled my order. Those dumb ******************

WSFrazier

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2006
Just placed an order for a Gold 5S 16GB from TMobile so I could sign up for JUMP. Used my companies Avantage Program, curious to see how long it's to take to get this thing shipped being so late.

vodkaPT

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
I order today the iPhone 5S 16GB black from online Apple Store Germany.

And for what I am reading here, still shipping the orders of 20 September... it will be a long wait... Still hope to at least received this month.

Yendog

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Sonoma, CA
Just checked my order status (after checking earlier this morning) and my order for a Space Grey 32GB 5S just switched to Preparing for Shipment.

Ordered it factory unlocked in Hong Kong (being delivered to Hong Kong). The ship date had said "October" since I ordered it on Sept. 20 just after midnight.

No further update on the ship date, though. Still says October, but now the order status changed. I guess there is a remote chance of shipping tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath. My best guess is that it would ship Monday or Tuesday and arrive by the end of the week. It is still Golden Week in Mainland China but here in Hong Kong, we just got Tuesday as a holiday and the next public holiday is on the 14th.

Hmm... just noticed this too.. I looked this morning and saw the damn "October" shipping date but noticed that it now says... "preparing for shipment" and "not eligible to cancel or return"

which must me its too far along in the process to cancel the order and is probably being handled by the shipping departments right now?

Btw... i ordered mine Sept. 21st... forget what time..

32gb Space Gray Verizon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.