Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zherocharisma

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Currently waiting for my 13" MBA with 8 gigs of RAM to ship... Aside from my iPhone, I've been away from the Apple ecosystem for a while, and I'm extremely eager to get back into it!

mariotheotaku

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
Ordered me a MBA that will hopefully be shipped soon along with a quad core Mac Mini and a Thunderbolt display that have already shipped

Specs:
1.8 i5
8gb Ram
256GB flash storage

Severum

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2011
Wareham, Dorset
Having bought a MacMini Server (to fit in my home theatre set up) 18 months ago and lurking around the forum for a year I decided to take the plunge and replace my windows laptop with a brand new Macbook Air 13". it arrived this morning and I'm well happy with it. I went for the 2.0i7 256GB, 8GB RAM option, but will be only using it for pleasure as my daily routine is business intelligence on a windows system (so no bringing work home :) )

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Just placed an order for an 11" 128GB MBA from my AAFES store. No customization options through their, but I can get them just a bit cheaper this way. This will probably be the last laptop I buy for a while unless my needs change after school drastically. I'm mainly using it as a note taker and on the go programming homework when I don't want to go back to my house between classes or something. Looking forward to working with it.

steeltoe

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Howdy, I have a 13" refurb on the way. This is my first Mac after decades of building PCs. I travel mostly by motorbike and needed the lightest ultraportable I could find and the MBA is it. Looking forward to learning the Apple OS.

grillz813

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
I just ordered myself a macbook air 13' w/ i5, 8 Gb ram, 256 ssd. Ordered mine from Mac mall and chose the 2nd day air option need it for class on Monday. Really excited :D

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
So, I posted in here just before new year. Bought a 13"/1.8 i5/8GB/128GB model.

Had to get it replaced. One of the keys broke after about a week of usage and Genius Bar said nothing was wrong with it. Phoned up APPLECARE and got a replacement which arrived damaged. Got a new replacement with another damaged key. Refund just started processing today.

Going to chance my luck tomorrow by buying a new Air (same model). Hope it works out this time. Will probably post again soon.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
I really thought I was done buying apple products in general and was excited about the touch screen windows 8 ultra portables. But after playing with them in store, and bringing one home, I decided it wasn't for me.

So I returned it and just placed my order for a brand new MacBook air 13 on amazon, should be here tomorrow. My wife had taken my previous MacBook air 11, so I'm excited to be back in the air family.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I'm back (again).

Just placed an order for another 13" Air. Same specs as my signature. Hopefully this one causes no bother. Really tired of all this hassle of the last week. Just want an Air that I can enjoy :)

Awaiting it to be shipped. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow!

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
I'm back (again).

Just placed an order for another 13" Air. Same specs as my signature. Hopefully this one causes no bother. Really tired of all this hassle of the last week. Just want an Air that I can enjoy :)

Awaiting it to be shipped. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow!

Must be a secret config? ;)

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Must be a secret config? ;)

Sorry, I just assumed my signature was visible! I'm on my iPhone so I can't see the full site. Specs are 13"/1.8 i5/8GB/128GB SSD.

Haven't received a shipping notification yet. Was hoping it'd be here for tomorrow. Got an expected delivery of 21st/23rd.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Sorry, I just assumed my signature was visible! I'm on my iPhone so I can't see the full site. Specs are 13"/1.8 i5/8GB/128GB SSD.

Haven't received a shipping notification yet. Was hoping it'd be here for tomorrow. Got an expected delivery of 21st/23rd.

Cool. Mine is a 2.0 Ghz, 8 GB with 256... Must be here tommorow!

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
Got mine 15 hours after placing the order, gotta love amazon prime and of course the new MacBook air. It really is the best laptop on the market right now.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Still waiting on mine to ship. Wish it'd hurry up. Really need a computer.

Had a look at Apples page. Seems they have base models in stock but when I BTO 8GB it says 1-3 days before dispatch.

Knowing my luck, the air will turn up and have something wrong with it. Hope not though *knock on wood*

C'mon Apple!!

Last edited:

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Still waiting on mine to ship. Wish it'd hurry up. Really need a computer.

Had a look at Apples page. Seems they have base models in stock but when I BTO 8GB it says 1-3 days before dispatch.

Knowing my luck, the air will turn up and have something wrong with it. Hope not though *knock on wood*

C'mon Apple!!

Mine is out for delivery.. grrrrrrrrrr....

Update:

Just got mine. Its a beauty.

Last edited:

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Mine is out for delivery.. grrrrrrrrrr....

Update:

Just got mine. Its a beauty.

Mines has updated to preparing for shipping! :D hopefully get it tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!

How are your keys and does it have any chips/scratches? (These are the issues I had). Could you check what make of display/SSD do you have? The airs I had came with LG display and toshiba SSD. The display took some getting used to but the SSD was noticeably slower than my crucial m4 that I had in my old macbook.

Seems like mines is from a new batch since I've had to wait since Tuesday. Last week my replacements were delivered within 24hours. Hope this is a good thing! Just want an Air with no issues.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Mines has updated to preparing for shipping! :D hopefully get it tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!

How are your keys and does it have any chips/scratches? (These are the issues I had). Could you check what make of display/SSD do you have? The airs I had came with LG display and toshiba SSD. The display took some getting used to but the SSD was noticeably slower than my crucial m4 that I had in my old macbook.

Seems like mines is from a new batch since I've had to wait since Tuesday. Last week my replacements were delivered within 24hours. Hope this is a good thing! Just want an Air with no issues.

Mine was great. It has a Samsung LCD and SSD. :) Now waiting for the Moshi Muse sleeve....

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I'm definitely not having luck with these Airs! 3 returned and the one I ordered on Tuesday still hasn't been shipped despite being prepared for shipment since very early this morning!

I doubt I'll get a shipping notification tonight so if it doesn't ship tomorrow it'll be Monday. Was hoping it'd be here by Friday at the latest but looks like I won't get it until Wednesday now! Won't be able to take delivery mon/tues.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
I'm definitely not having luck with these Airs! 3 returned and the one I ordered on Tuesday still hasn't been shipped despite being prepared for shipment since very early this morning!

I doubt I'll get a shipping notification tonight so if it doesn't ship tomorrow it'll be Monday. Was hoping it'd be here by Friday at the latest but looks like I won't get it until Wednesday now! Won't be able to take delivery mon/tues.

Don't give up.. This is my 4th Air. First had a horrible LG screen(not the colors, just bad response time). Second had sticky keys and it popped out as well in 30 mins. The third was fine and it probably is the same machine I got but I returned it as I decided to keep the rMBP which I bought as well.

Then I ordered the MBA again for a travel and that's the one I got.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
My air has shipped! Finally :) it's coming straight from china and will be here on Wednesday.

Just hope nothing is wrong with it. Fingers crossed!

Violet1337

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
So, over the past few weeks I've been contemplating whether to buy the MacBook Air 2012 or wait for the 2013 model. The catch is that I'll be using it for University use, light gaming, social networking, researching, and other casual use. Uni starts in about a month's time and the current laptop which I've been using for the past few years is heavy, bulky, dodgy and inconvenient (Acer Aspire 5315). If anyone has any ideas or tips as to which model I should get, please reply ^.^

psirix

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2009
Detroit, MI
So, over the past few weeks I've been contemplating whether to buy the MacBook Air 2012 or wait for the 2013 model. The catch is that I'll be using it for University use, light gaming, social networking, researching, and other casual use. Uni starts in about a month's time and the current laptop which I've been using for the past few years is heavy, bulky, dodgy and inconvenient (Acer Aspire 5315). If anyone has any ideas or tips as to which model I should get, please reply ^.^

My advice is buy now, enjoy it now. For what you described what you would use it for I don't think any updates in the next refresh are really going to affect you. If you are in need of an upgrade now, get it and enjoy!

Violet1337

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
My advice is buy now, enjoy it now. For what you described what you would use it for I don't think any updates in the next refresh are really going to affect you. If you are in need of an upgrade now, get it and enjoy!

Oooo, a very good point you make there. I'm don't edit photos but if anything, I use my laptop to record music covers which I do. Thank you very much for the feedback! I appreciate it :)

----------

Sorry to bother you again, but I've been looking through the threads and some MacBook Air users say that they are experiencing WiFi issues. Just wondering whether this is a massive problem that it frequently occurring for users? And are there any personal downfalls to the 2012 MacBook Air model? Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.