Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zoiks

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2010
Will the MacBook Air match the invoice?

Hello,

I ordered the following machine Refurbed from apple.ca.

Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Air - Originally released June 2013
1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 - 4GB memory - 256GB flash storage

The machine has been shipped and now the waiting begins.
I was able to view on apple's site the invoice for the machine. On it, it states:

RFB MBAIR 13.3/1.3/4/256FLASH-USA FD761LL/A $1,059.00 1 1 $1,059.00 (Canadian Dollars)
Serial No.: (C2QM
xxxxxxxx) [censored - they gave me the entire serial number]

According to the website chipmunk.nl, what is known about the machine is minimal:

Nice Name:
Family name:
Group1: MacBook
Group2: Air
Generation:
CPU speed: Please tell us the CPU speed of this MacBook.
Screen size: 13.3 inch
Colour: Please tell us what colour this MacBook is.
Production year: 2014
Production week: 7 (February)
Model introduced: 0
Memory - flavour: xx
Factory: C2 (China)

As the invoice which I can view from apple's website states, the machine that was shipped is for a 13 inch 1.3, 4GB, 256GB machine.

My questions are these - can I assume that is the machine that will arrive? Or is there still a chance and I will be surprised?

I am hoping that the CPU and/or RAM will be higher than what I ordered as so many people have found.

Thanks all!

TheHomeRun

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Just ordered a 13" MBA refurb and can't wait. Hopefully I'll be as lucky as some of the other posters on this thread re: unintended updates. Either way I'll be using a computer way faster than the old white macbook I am typing this on.

Just got mine in but it's not upgraded. The chipmunk info was off. It's cool. I love this thing!!!

Chipmunk.nl was off for me too. Mine is not upgraded. Now I am kind of bummed because I was all excited, but the computer seems to work otherwise and the fact that it turns on is way better than what I had before!

Also, every other time I have bought something from Apple it comes fully charged, but this time it came with a fully depleted battery. I guess they treat refurbs differently.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Chipmunk.nl was off for me too. Mine is not upgraded. Now I am kind of bummed because I was all excited, but the computer seems to work otherwise and the fact that it turns on is way better than what I had before!

Also, every other time I have bought something from Apple it comes fully charged, but this time it came with a fully depleted battery. I guess they treat refurbs differently.

Blame the previous owner!!! ;)

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
Just got mine in but it's not upgraded. The chipmunk info was off. It's cool. I love this thing!!!

Mine arrived today, and chipmunk was correct! i7 and 8gb of RAM! still only has the 128gb HD, though... Happy camper! :D

harrow

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2014
Placed an order for a 13" MBA with i7 1.7/8/128 on Thursday. Hasn't shipped yet, but hopefully it will soon.

I'm kinda excited for it; it's my first mac laptop. I've always had PC laptops because my school's server system didn't support mac users, but I've always had macs at home so I'm excited to finally switch to all mac.

Rich022

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
Just received new 11" MBA i5/8/256. Absolutely in love with this machine. Been rolling with mid 2009 13" MBP Intel Core 2 Duo - very serviceable for the past 5 years and actually still runs as smoothly the day I got it, it was just time for an upgrade.

MBA is just so lean, mean, and functional. Love the zip, cleanliness, PORTA-FREAKING-BILITY of it all. Just couldn't stand to wait til fall for the next refresh. As I see all over this forum when people are questioning whether to upgrade: there will always be the NEXT BIG THING around the corner. The grass is greener NOW.

For those awaiting their new present here's my timeline:
Order placed online Sunday (5/11) afternoon. Got shipment/tracking email early WED (5/14) morning 1:22am. Original Fedex tracking said delivery date was FRI (5/16) but came a day EARLY THURS (5/15). Not too shabby apple! Tracking on thurs morning said it was Columbus and I thought no way it'd be delivered. Walked into my office for lunch break and box was just sitting on my desk to my complete:D

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
My wife ordered a 11" i5/8gb/256 Air on the 15th which is currently due here on Wednesday. It just shipped on Friday evening and we are tracking it like crazy with excitement! :)

She's finally getting her's, as I've had my 13" already for awhile. She loves the smaller form factor and is excited like crazy!

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Ordered a 13" with 8GB upgrade for my wife yesterday. Hopefully we get it before the estimated May 27 date. She's excited and so am I :)

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
The "I just bought/ordered/got/shipped my new/refurb MBA" thread, merged

That was fast...it shipped Friday evening and picked it up from FedEx this afternoon. :)

Last edited:

Dogon

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
I ordered the refurb baseline 2013 MBA 13" yesterday. I had been going to buy a NOS 2013 online because it was only a little more than a refurb+tax, but then I read about surprise spec bumps in this thread and tried my luck. According to Chipmunk:

Nice Name: MacBook Air 13 inch Core i7 (Mid 2013)
CPU speed: 1.7GHz

Sweet! But the weird thing to me is this:

Production week: 19 (May)

Which would mean it was produced after the 2014's were already being sold?:confused: I don't want to get my hopes up too much in case this info is off like it was for others, but fingers crossed!

jweb03

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
I ordered the refurb baseline 2013 MBA 13" yesterday. I had been going to buy a NOS 2013 online because it was only a little more than a refurb+tax, but then I read about surprise spec bumps in this thread and tried my luck. According to Chipmunk:

Nice Name: MacBook Air 13 inch Core i7 (Mid 2013)
CPU speed: 1.7GHz

Sweet! But the weird thing to me is this:

Production week: 19 (May)

Which would mean it was produced after the 2014's were already being sold?:confused: I don't want to get my hopes up too much in case this info is off like it was for others, but fingers crossed!

I ordered a base model refurb 13 in as well and my serial number is showing the same info as yours. I wonder if they give the refurbs new serial numbers and that is somehow making it show up as a 1.7ghz

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I ordered a base model refurb 13 in as well and my serial number is showing the same info as yours. I wonder if they give the refurbs new serial numbers and that is somehow making it show up as a 1.7ghz

yeah, chipmunk is messed up. I have my MBA here and it's 1.4GHz and it says 1.7GHz on the site. It also says it has 8GB of RAM (which is correct) but says max memory 4GB. LOL

M a t t

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2010
Just got my new MBA 11" with 8GB and 256GB hd :).. it took a week to be delivered to my door (EU).

jweb03

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
yeah, chipmunk is messed up. I have my MBA here and it's 1.4GHz and it says 1.7GHz on the site. It also says it has 8GB of RAM (which is correct) but says max memory 4GB. LOL

got my 13 MBA today; it was just as I ordered 1.3 ghz and 4gb ram, chipmunk was incorrect

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
Just ordered a new 2014 MBA 11 8 128. Purchased a 2013 version a year ago, but gave it to my brother (an apple user from way back) after a few months. His old mbp was just getting too old, and I had the crazy idea of returning to windows when 8.1 was released. I've now come back to my senses and am just as excited about this purchase as the previous one.

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
Just ordered a new 2014 MBA 11 8 128. Purchased a 2013 version a year ago, but gave it to my brother (an apple user from way back) after a few months. His old mbp was just getting too old, and I had the crazy idea of returning to windows when 8.1 was released. I've now come back to my senses and am just as excited about this purchase as the previous one.

Just edited my order while I was still able to. Also upgraded to 256.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Those who have 2014 models, please run sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string command and report back the results.

This will tell the exact model of CPU chip being used so we could tell for sure if it's the same like for 2013 models :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.