Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mohkg

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2018
Chicago il
My space grey M3 16gb ram/256gb storage says delivers March 21-25, does it ship from china? i live in Chicago, anyone else have a similar date?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 3.09.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 3.09.23 PM.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 54

jacklroberts

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2014
Doncaster, UK
My space grey M3 16gb ram/256gb storage says delivers March 21-25, does it ship from china? i live in Chicago, anyone else have a similar date?
Hi although I’m based in the UK my 24GB 1TB 15” Silver is coming from China via DHL. Mine however is supposed to be coming on March 14th but currently it’s on shipment delayed

Reactions: ascender

shfawaz

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2007
Detroit, MI
Ordered my Midnight 15” M3 MBA 1Tb 16Gb as soon as preorders became available on the B&H website. Listing indicated it would ship March 8th (today launch day). Kept checking daily to see if perhaps it was gonna show some kind of early movement. Each day the listing still indicated a March 8th shipping date. That is, until today, when my order changed to Backordered. Seriously? No chat or CS available now till Sunday. Very disappointed to say the least. A bait and switch of sorts which almost begs me to cancel my order, but now most Mac resellers show a late March early April ship date. Had I known that B&H’s ship date was only listing the launch date, I would have looked elsewhere. Lesson learned. Was hoping for an early week delivery. Doesn’t help that I sold my M2 that I had to ship today or lose the sale. Back to my M1 MBA I guess.

mohkg

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2018
Chicago il
Ordered my Midnight 15” M3 MBA 1Tb 16Gb as soon as preorders became available on the B&H website. Listing indicated it would ship March 8th (today launch day). Kept checking daily to see if perhaps it was gonna show some kind of early movement. Each day the listing still indicated a March 8th shipping date. That is, until today, when my order changed to Backordered. Seriously? No chat or CS available now till Sunday. Very disappointed to say the least. A bait and switch of sorts this almost began me to cancel, but now most Mac resellers show a late March early April ship date. Had I known that B&H’s ship date was only listing the launch date, I would have looked elsewhere. Lesson learned.
Why not just get it straight from apple?

mohkg

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2018
Chicago il
M3 256gb/8gb ram on left (2000mbps write) and M3 512gb/16gb ram on right (3000mbps write) improvement over the M2 but still slower then M1 storage. 2nd pic is read speeds, 3000mbps on both (same thing).

Attachments

• IMG_6215.jpeg
    IMG_6215.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6214.jpeg
    IMG_6214.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: shfawaz

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Ordered my Midnight 15” M3 MBA 1Tb 16Gb as soon as preorders became available on the B&H website. Listing indicated it would ship March 8th (today launch day). Kept checking daily to see if perhaps it was gonna show some kind of early movement. Each day the listing still indicated a March 8th shipping date. That is, until today, when my order changed to Backordered. Seriously? No chat or CS available now till Sunday. Very disappointed to say the least. A bait and switch of sorts which almost begs me to cancel my order, but now most Mac resellers show a late March early April ship date. Had I known that B&H’s ship date was only listing the launch date, I would have looked elsewhere. Lesson learned. Was hoping for an early week delivery. Doesn’t help that I sold my M2 that I had to ship today or lose the sale. Back to my M1 MBA I guess.
So you've bought every M-series MBA?

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I was really hoping to pick up one in store with 1TB SSD but I guess there's limited stock of those so I've placed an order online for a 15" Air with 24GB RAM and 1TB SSD in sliver. I'm going back to silver for a change after a lot of darker machines.

Reactions: Scott6666

jacklroberts

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2014
Doncaster, UK
How long does it usually take for DHL to ship something out of China as it’s been there three days now, every update it gives it’s the same place “SOUTHWEST AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC”?

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
Anyone debate between new Air and baseline level pro? Ordered 15in Air and comparable Pro; only $100 difference. 1 in difference with a much better screen.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Anyone debate between new Air and baseline level pro? Ordered 15in Air and comparable Pro; only $100 difference. 1 in difference with a much better screen.
I'm thinking about going from a Pro to a new Air. Not sure how much I'll notice the screen difference in day to day use, but I'll definitely notice the weight difference.

Reactions: Sikh

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
I'm thinking about going from a Pro to a new Air. Not sure how much I'll notice the screen difference in day to day use, but I'll definitely notice the weight difference.
I have a Pro for work, but can’t put my personal stuff on it. Thinking I’ll see the difference, but I’ll spend the weekend and confirm.

Thanks for the reply.

RacMumors-

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
Should be receiving my Macbook Air 24gb Ram + 512sg SSD on the 14th March but I've already decided ill be returning it.

I currently have a Macbook Pro M1 Pro with 16GB Ram + 512 GB.

The plan was to have something with similar power to my current machine in a smaller package but the trade off seem too big.

Watched a few reviews so far, a little concerned about the throttling issue when the laptop gets hot, something I've never had to worry about on the Pro. Also, M1 Pro vs M3 performance difference also isnt huge and the Pro has a better screen. I should have considered these before ordering and will now be waiting for the new pro machines in Sept.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sikh

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
My order shipped early this morning via UPS!

Original estimated delivery from Apple was March 19-21.

Apple has updated that to March 14.

UPS says March 11.
It's out for delivery now, more than a week sooner that the earliest estimated date when I ordered. I'm really excited! I've never owned a Mac before. I've hardly ever even used one. But I'm looking forward to completing the ecosystem with my iPhone, iPad, and AirPods.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
It's out for delivery now, more than a week sooner that the earliest estimated date when I ordered. I'm really excited! I've never owned a Mac before. I've hardly ever even used one. But I'm looking forward to completing the ecosystem with my iPhone, iPad, and AirPods.
13" or 15" ?

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
I ordered base spec 15" in Midnight last Wednesday night, originally given an estimate of 14th to 18th March, on Friday that moved to 12th March and shipped late Friday night. Actually arrived the next day Saturday 9th so well ahead of estimate.

shfawaz

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2007
Detroit, MI
Has anyone here ordered and received an M3 15" MBA with an SSD that is higher in capacity than 512Gb? It seems that 1Tb and 2Tb 15" M3 MBA's are backordered everywhere. B&H promised shipping of my 1TB Midnight unit on launch day March 8th, but today my order shows backordered, and after chatting with a B&H agent, there is not even a target ship date from them. Not happy at all.

Reactions: ascender

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I just got my available for pickup notice this morning too. Original estimated pickup date was March 20th and then it changed to March 24th. Pickup actually available on March 11th. Good job Apple.

Edit: 13" M3 MacBook Air 24 GB/1TB ordered around noon on Monday March 4.

Reactions: richard13

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
It’s interesting.. one can essentially pickup today, but not with the 70w power supply, only with the 35w dual USB-C power supply. I wonder, actually if that PS isn’t better since it charges overall more slowly. Batteries don’t like taking all that power, so fast, all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.