Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cc4158

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
I snagged one of the 2011 iMac refurbs today! The 27 inch 3.4 GHz i7 with the 256 GB SSD to be specific! I can't wait till it gets here! Exclamation points!

I had been in the market for a nice desktop and was waiting for prices to come down a bit after the new models were announced. Picked it up right after the online store came back online post-announcement. I'm definitely not bragging, I just want to share the joy with some fellow Mac-fans!

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
I snagged one of the 2011 iMac refurbs today! The 27 inch 3.4 GHz i7 with the 256 GB SSD to be specific! I can't wait till it gets here! Exclamation points!

I had been in the market for a nice desktop and was waiting for prices to come down a bit after the new models were announced. Picked it up right after the online store came back online post-announcement. I'm definitely not bragging, I just want to share the joy with some fellow Mac-fans!

Cool! congrats! :) I did the same thing I checked out the new ones and decided to try a 2011 refurb.
I picked up the 27" 3.2 GHz i5, 4Gb mem, 1Tb HD, amd radeon 6970m 1Gb
$1599 and added apple care. :) I'm excited as well! :D

markydee

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Does anyone know if they're still selling the 2011 iMacs in Apple Retail Stores? I just can't handle my low-end mid-2010 13" MBP anymore for the stuff I do (photo and video editing, gaming and such).. :confused:

element1108

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2008
Toronto

YOU got the last one!!! (with the 256 SSD) ;)...I was eyeing that up myself for the longest time, a few hours post even it was gone from the list of availables.

In a surprising move last night after much humming and hahing...I caved and bought the 27 i7 1TB (no SSD's available). I've already ordered my 4 x 8 GB ram sticks...those arriving tomorrow computer on Friday. Obviously at a price that was about $325 less than it was the day before yesterday.

I was all ready to drop over 3k on a new BTO 27, but the delay will cost in deadlines with the release date vaguely slated for December.

The refurb will buy me some time to keep the update "pro whatever" Apple is set to release "later in 2013" - Tim Cook.

KeenanKoso

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Just ordered my 27" 3.4GHz i7! Was originally gonna go for the 3.1GHz i5, but caved and upgraded. Might as well get the best at this point.

cc4158

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
YOU got the last one!!! (with the 256 SSD) ;)...I was eyeing that up myself for the longest time, a few hours post even it was gone from the list of availables.

In a surprising move last night after much humming and hahing...I caved and bought the 27 i7 1TB (no SSD's available). I've already ordered my 4 x 8 GB ram sticks...those arriving tomorrow computer on Friday. Obviously at a price that was about $325 less than it was the day before yesterday.

I was all ready to drop over 3k on a new BTO 27, but the delay will cost in deadlines with the release date vaguely slated for December.

The refurb will buy me some time to keep the update "pro whatever" Apple is set to release "later in 2013" - Tim Cook.

That's too bad, you may still have been able to get one! I've been checking the refurb stock of 27 in iMacs (just because its so entertaining to see how it changes throughout the day) and there is one up there now.

But, the machine you got is nothing to sneeze at either. I'm going to wait to see if mine comes loaded with extra RAM (or any other goodies) before ordering the 32 GB kit from Crucial.

element1108

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2008
Toronto
That's too bad, you may still have been able to get one! I've been checking the refurb stock of 27 in iMacs (just because its so entertaining to see how it changes throughout the day) and there is one up there now.

But, the machine you got is nothing to sneeze at either. I'm going to wait to see if mine comes loaded with extra RAM (or any other goodies) before ordering the 32 GB kit from Crucial.

Maybe, but they were going fast and most if them (in Canada) were lower spec i5's. now only 2 left.

First imac, g4 quicksilver, Mac Pro 2005 ppc (still chugging along that beautiful beast) and 2008 Mbp (recently lost cd drive as well as wireless.) so she's impotent now.

Was a tough decision for me to go imac since its the only apple comp I've never had hands on with. Looking forward to booting it up.

:)

tWoSour

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
Pulled the trigger on the 21.5" 2.8ghz i7 as soon as I saw it in the refurb store. Very excited!

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Just ordered my 27" 3.4GHz i7! Was originally gonna go for the 3.1GHz i5, but caved and upgraded. Might as well get the best at this point.

I got exactly that like a month ago and I am loving it.

----------

The size of your monitor should be determined by two things only.

1. How far away do you sit from the screen? A 21.5" at 2 1/2 feet is identical to the field of vision of a 27" at 4 feet. 21.5" is literally ideal for arms length use. Research ideal viewing distances for screen size and field of view on google.

2. Do you want two browsers/programs open side by side? The 27" can replace having dual monitor set ups. Aka dual 13.5" monitors using your 27".

Reading Facebook in full screen or playing video games while sitting at arms length is not something anyone should do on a 27".

The above is true only if the resolution of the 21" and the 27" are the same. With the super high res of the 27" you can hardly read anything from 4 feet.

TrboMac

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
NC/USA
Just ordered a new in box 21.5" iMac today! I'm finally going to be joining the Mac family. The 2012 entry iMac's are a downgrade in most areas imho.

I did pay a little more for mine vs. the refurb store. I got it from a music dealer that has treated me extremely well over the years and I didn't mind giving him my business, and it's new in box. It was still a good deal overall.

Can't wait until Tuesday/Wednesday when it should be here. My old PC has been an unusually good workhorse but two blue screen's of death last weekend is a good time to eject and join the Mac family ;)

xVeinx

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2006
California
I just purchased an educational model iMac last night, so core i3, etc. versus core i5. However, the machine performs wonderfully and is gorgeous. Glad I finally made the purchase!

Matador Red

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
I finally bought an iMac and I won the refurb lottery! As much as I love the just announced 2012, I thought I could get a better deal with a 2011 refurb. So my 3.4 i7 2011 came today. It was supposed to get the 1TB hard drive and the 1GB graphics card but it came with the 2TB hard drive and the 2GB graphics card, all for under 2k with apple care. I have 2x8gb ram which will be installed very soon. I think the only thing I am missing is an SSD which I plan to add within a year. I am still getting it set up but things are absolutely amazing so far. I may have some small regrets when the 2012 27's finally come out in December but then again maybe I will be to busy on my monster iMac to care.;)

sajeed

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
I finally bought an iMac and I won the refurb lottery! As much as I love the just announced 2012, I thought I could get a better deal with a 2011 refurb. So my 3.4 i7 2011 came today. It was supposed to get the 1TB hard drive and the 1GB graphics card but it came with the 2TB hard drive and the 2GB graphics card, all for under 2k with apple care. I have 2x8gb ram which will be installed very soon. I think the only thing I am missing is an SSD which I plan to add within a year. I am still getting it set up but things are absolutely amazing so far. I may have some small regrets when the 2012 27's finally come out in December but then again maybe I will be to busy on my monster iMac to care.;)

Congratulations on your purchase! What did it show on your invoice about the config? Did it have the upgraded config on the Invoice too or just the config you originally ordered? Thanks!

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
Thats awesome madator red. you did hit the upgrade lottery it seems. :) I picked up the refurb mid '11 3.1 GHz i5 mine came with double the ram but my gpu was still 1gb. my HD stayed at a Tb as well. I am still very happy though because the one little fix i would have wanted on my base config was the ram and thats what i got so I am very pleased. :D :cool: loving it so far! :D

KeenanKoso

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Got my iMac! Didn't win the "lottery" but I'm still more than happy with this thing. Here's a crappy picture taken with my phone.

screenshot20121029at547.png

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California

How much was this model?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.