Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
It was a CTO

2.6Ghz, 16GB, 512GB, with Pages preinstalled and an ethernet adapter.

I don't see why you're worried. I have no problems, my current external monitor uses LG, as does DELL Ultrasharp monitors and the iMacs.

Well that just gave me some relief. Thanks for the info.

paulkerdot

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
I ordered a rMBP 2.6/16/256 on Wednesday 26th. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow (28th). Can't wait. I currently have a MBA 2012 1.8/8/256 but I need the bigger screen and more powerful system as I am using it for work as my desktop replacement running a vm all day.

Already got a mate buying the air. He is getting a bargain and a great computer.

pbnauro

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Hi!
I got my new basic 13" macbook Pro, and i want to upgrade it with and SSD (Samsung 840 250GB) and with more RAM(8 or 16GB, im not sure). I have some question.
1. I'd like to use Win8 with Parallels, should I optimize Windows too for SSD? (like page file, etc)
2. I already checked Corsair web page. Found that 2, which fit my macbook. First one is Value Ram, 2nd one is dedicated mac memory. Which should I chose? (seems the same, 35$ difference) The dedicated mac memory worth it?
Ty the answer

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Finally bought my Macbook Pro with Retina Display, and I LOVE it!! It is the base model, and for me, it's more than enough. Now hopefully it will last me a few years.

murkeywaters

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Hi!
I got my new basic 13" macbook Pro, and i want to upgrade it with and SSD (Samsung 840 250GB) and with more RAM(8 or 16GB, im not sure). I have some question.
1. I'd like to use Win8 with Parallels, should I optimize Windows too for SSD? (like page file, etc)
2. I already checked Corsair web page. Found that 2, which fit my macbook. First one is Value Ram, 2nd one is dedicated mac memory. Which should I chose? (seems the same, 35$ difference) The dedicated mac memory worth it?
Ty the answer
I'm doing the same build/upgrade as you, going to use a Crucial M4 256gb
and more importantly I'am going to buy 16gb of Crucial RAM, the reason being is the voltage is 1.35v for the Crucial and 1.5v for the Corsair, lots of people get on fine with the Corsair but I have read a lot of issues too and it seems to come down to the voltage, standard Apple RAM runs at 1.35v, remember 16GB is twice what Apple recommend so the best chance of having no issues is to try to match the specs as best as you can.

alohamade

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Hey everyone!

Just bought the 13 inch 2.9 GHZ Intel i7 non retina Macbook Pro refurbished. Saved a good amount of money on it, and it already has 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM and a 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD waiting for it (It won't be my primary machine, but an SSD is always nice). The major buying point in my decision with getting this MBP over the MBA and the rMBP came down to user serviceability, something that is less possible on the MBA or rMBP.

You know, it really sucks that this is (probably) it for user serviceable Apple laptops. I'm really glad I got this machine!

bkitchen0406

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
My first MacBook Pro

I have been wanting a MacBook Pro since 2006 when I had my first MacBook. I am now in a position to buy one. I pick it up today at 11AM. It's a 15 inch retina base model, but I'm excited. I work in the IT industry and have been jealous of having to support these on occasion and not own one, now it's my turn. :)

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Awesome! I want to get into the IT field too! I start school in January. I ordered a base rMBP with 16GB of RAM however due to all the ****ing weather the north east has been dealing with I decided to go pick it up wednesday because they couldn't get it delivered.

MadTester

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
IMHO, I think refurbs are the way forward.... why pay out for a brand new machine when much of the refurbs have been basically rebuilt from inside out!

:D Seriously thinking about a retina 13" for the misses

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
rMBP ARRIVED!!!!!!!

After having some issues with fedex it arrived. This is my first Mac laptop ever. I think I made a great choice.

Attachments

• image copy.jpeg
    image copy.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 244
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 172

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
You got the upside down version! Congrats!!

:)

Srsly, you'll love your purchase. Congrats.

07dodge

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
Simply beautiful!

Picked up my base 15" rMBP today, and I'm completely blown away. This screen is something else!

No issues thus far, no IR, no lag, no dead pixels, nothing. It's lightyears ahead of my 2010 Sony VAIO.

If you're on the fence, just do it. While it's my first Mac, I'm completely happy with this thing. Was a little concerned by posts on here, asked the guy at the store point blank, and so far it's running trouble free.

Thanks for the recommendations of going 15" over the 13", couldn't be happier!:D

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Picked up my base 15" rMBP today, and I'm completely blown away. This screen is something else!

No issues thus far, no IR, no lag, no dead pixels, nothing. It's lightyears ahead of my 2010 Sony VAIO.

If you're on the fence, just do it. While it's my first Mac, I'm completely happy with this thing. Was a little concerned by posts on here, asked the guy at the store point blank, and so far it's running trouble free.

Thanks for the recommendations of going 15" over the 13", couldn't be happier!:D
Just remember that your purchase is your purchase. If you are unhappy the only person you should be upset with is you unless advertising from the source (business) is wrong.

Welcome to OS X. :apple:

drcrane

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2012
Hello together,

after 2,5 years with my 2010 13" MBA I have now stepped up to a 2012 Macbook Pro 15" with the High-Res Antiglare Screen (2,6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 8GB Ram) and all I can say is i love it !

I'm not travelling so often anymore, that why I wanted to get the 15" instead of the MBA and for the performance ... form my initial tests the 2.6ghz is running very great.

I have decided against the Retina Version, because of the lack of upgradeability. I swapped out my HDD in exchange for a SSD by myself and it only costs me 1/2 of the Apple insane SSD Price, plus i can upgrade to 16GB Ram in the future whenever I want an need it, I do not have to buy it now during the purchase.

The Screen of the Retina is very nice indeed, but the Antiglare High-Res 1680x1050 is no slouch either, for critical Photoediting calibarated with a ColorSpyder I think it is even better suited that the Retina.

Cheers to all of you guys and a happy new 2013 !

DayVe3000

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2012
England
Picked up a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display just before Xmas! An early little Xmas present from me, to me. :D

Great performance (when compared to my previous 2009 15-inch MacBook Pro with a Core2Duo), but half wish i'd paid abit more and gone for the 15-inch again.

Im happy with it though - Just got to find a good external drive now.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Finally sold my 2008 Mac Pro. Used that money to purchase a used 2012 Macbook Pro 13inch on Amazon. It came with upgraded 8gigs of ram and a 256gig SSD HD. Other than a wobbly "shift key", it's in near mint condition. I think it was $1,100 well spent.:D

paulkerdot

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Picked up a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display just before Xmas! An early little Xmas present from me, to me. :D

Great performance (when compared to my previous 2009 15-inch MacBook Pro with a Core2Duo), but half wish i'd paid abit more and gone for the 15-inch again.

Im happy with it though - Just got to find a good external drive now.

Take the 13er back and get the 15er while you can. The larger one is much better value.

F1 Fan

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Germany
Other than a wobbly "shift key", it's in near mint condition. I think it was $1,100 well spent.:D

I had a wobbly key on my laptop (packard bell, not a macbook) when I bought it. Now I have a gap where it used to be...

Personally, if I ever buy another keyboard with a wobbly key, I'll be taking it straight back. Particularly if I've spent that kind of money on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.