Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArttyG12

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Just bought a base model MBP with the high-res matte screen. Have a Samsung 840 Pro ready to go for it. Hoping it'll be a bit of an upgrade over the 2006 MBP I have now...

mbp840

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
1st post

Recently replaced my Early 2008 MBO Pro with June 2012 2.3Ghz model. I went with a refurbished product and upgraded RAM to 16GB and swapped out the HDD for a Samsung 840 Pro.

So far, so good.

----------

Just bought a base model MBP with the high-res matte screen. Have a Samsung 840 Pro ready to go for it. Hoping it'll be a bit of an upgrade over the 2006 MBP I have now...

It's fast :D

calpolygraduate

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Just picked up a late 2011 13" Macbook Pro for $800, almost brand new for $800, came with Crucial M4 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM! best deal of the year

oldmanmax

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2005
Upstate NY
New Mac Power Book

Just was given a new 13" mac book pro and am looking for a good book on it's use and mountain lion thats made for someone not use to using a laptop and mountain lion.

caranddriver

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
Back in the Mac fold after 22 years!

Just got my early 2011 17" refurb MBP 2.2 i7, 4GB RAM and 750GB HDD.

My last Macintosh computer was a Mac Classic for school in 1991, which I recently saw in my grandmother's garage (wonder if it still works?).

I decided to save the $100 bucks and tax instead of opting for the late 2011 2.4 version. Macworld only had it 3% faster on the Speedmark 7 test and I don't do heavy duty computing. I'll put that $100+ toward accessories instead.

Was happy to get 5% cashback through the Discover card ShopDiscover portal and an additional 5% on $1500 of it through the online shopping bonus (Oct-Dec).

Been an iPhone user since the 3G and have an iPad 1.

Gizmo22

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
Midwest USA
Just picked up a late 2011 13" Macbook Pro for $800, almost brand new for $800, came with Crucial M4 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM! best deal of the year

Definitely pretty epic. Similar vein of finding deals...pawn shop had a 2012 base model (HDD, 4GB, 2.5) 13" for $699. Bought immediately, and loved how it was in like new shape but early 2011 and late 2011 base models which were beat up had $799 and $899 stickers on them.

thriftykid

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Just picked up a new base model 13" rMBP at best buy as an open box for $1299, no taxes! It was to replace my stolen 2010 MBP. Super happy with it and I am in love with the new screen.

Gizmo22

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
Midwest USA
Just picked up a new base model 13" rMBP at best buy as an open box for $1299, no taxes! It was to replace my stolen 2010 MBP. Super happy with it and I am in love with the new screen.

No taxes? Did the "employee" who "sold" it to you request cash, fail to provide a receipt, and stuff it in a backpack for you to help get it out of the store?

Joking aside, sounds like an awesome deal.

thriftykid

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
No taxes? Did the "employee" who "sold" it to you request cash, fail to provide a receipt, and stuff it in a backpack for you to help get it out of the store?

Joking aside, sounds like an awesome deal.

Thanks, I'm lucky to live next to a sales tax free state :)

bgiaach

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
NYC
Ordered a 15" rMBP with a 512 ssd last Friday. Left Memphis TN this afternoon, hopefully it comes sooner than the Thursday estimate. Memphis to NYC should only take 2 days tops. Woo hoo!

Edit:
It came today,

Last edited:

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Bought a 15" rMBP today, base model. Have checked in Terminal and it's a LG screen, looks perfect so far though. Don't know what I prefer more, how sharp the display looks or the contrast on the screen.

SSD is a Samsung, and not seen any lag online or in the UI yet. Loving it so far :)

thebeachbum

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Texas
rMBP 15 Ordered

Haswell, Smaswell, I pulled the trigger on the base 15 rMBP today. Purchased from B&H Photo and it arrives Friday. Naturally, working from home this Friday. It is definitely a step up from my six year old Toshiba Satellite quad core.

Looking forward to the weekend.

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Base Model 15 in rMBP from Refurb store

$1869

Have had great success with my refurb purchases. All perfect condition. My 2011 iMac from the refurb store came with an extra 8 GB RAM. Doubt, I'll be that lucky with the rMBP sine soldered on but we'll see.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
Haswell, Smaswell, I pulled the trigger on the base 15 rMBP today. Purchased from B&H Photo and it arrives Friday. Naturally, working from home this Friday. It is definitely a step up from my six year old Toshiba Satellite quad core.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Toshiba had quadcores 6years ago in laptops/!?

Dre180

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
NY
Just ordered 15" MBP! I was debating between this and the new 27" iMac to replace my 2007 MBP. I bought the new iMac maxed out except for ssd (got fusion) but just wasn't happy with it. The iMac was housed in a large room, yet the computer still seemed too big for me, and some of the fonts too small, especially the menu bar on top. Make no mistake, it was a great machine, and performed like a champ, but i suppose it just wasn't for me. Plus I couldn't get used to sitting in one place to use my mac. So, I returned it and just ordered the retina MBP.

Retina MBP Specs as follows:

2.7 quad core i7
16gb Ram
256 SSD

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Just got my 2012 13in MacBook Pro. This is my first apple computer so I am psyched. It's running soooo much better than the 5 year old HP it is replacing. The sleeve I ordered as well as the Microsoft Office for MAC software that I was able to get from my university also came today. All I need to do now is order new RAM and a SSD and I am set. :D

WV Shockwave

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Seahawks Country, Wa.
First Macbook ( MacBook Pro 13.3" )

We've been a PC user for a long time and finally got the MB today, I absolutely love this laptop. Although we owned different apple products before ( iPod, iPhone,iPad), this is our first Macbook. It is super fast, love almost everything on it. and ease of use. The laptop is a dream, love the lighted keyboard, the trackpad is very easy to use. and the lighted logo at the back , awesome:apple:

vampireszombies

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Texas
Bought my 2012 13" MBP 2.5 i5 today at Best Buy!!

I was going to order it from B&H, that way I can get Applecare and Parallels for the same price as the computer by itself at BB, but after finally having the money and not wanting to wait for it to come in through UPS I just caved and bought it at BB!

Its my first Mac. I'll save for a couple months to add some RAM and an SSD at a later date, but for now its amazing. The external display is coming in tonight from UPS, finally.

Its so beautiful.

:D

Kabe Ayofe

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Bought a 15" cmbp 2.3ghz i7 on monday. was using a sony vaio before and the two machines are lightyears apart!

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Bought my 2012 13" MBP 2.5 i5 today at Best Buy!!

I was going to order it from B&H, that way I can get Applecare and Parallels for the same price as the computer by itself at BB, but after finally having the money and not wanting to wait for it to come in through UPS I just caved and bought it at BB!

Its my first Mac. I'll save for a couple months to add some RAM and an SSD at a later date, but for now its amazing. The external display is coming in tonight from UPS, finally.

Its so beautiful.

:D

Congrats!! You'll love it! :D

I would try and Price/Offer Match at BB. Try their Chat CS first, B&M if that doesn't work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.