Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfcboy

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Ordered rMBP 15" 2.3gh 8gbm mem, 1gb GPU for £1400 refurb.

I will be the same as when i was waiting for my IP5 delivery, looking out the window every two mins acting like a child. Love it :D

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
First time Macbook user.. picked up a 13" rMBP 2.5ghz i5 8gb ram yesterday.

This screen is amazing! I knew that retina display was really going to be something special as I love my iPhone but the larger screen really brings it out.

Moving my way up from iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to the Mac, it was a logical progression. Windows 8 sealed the deal for my switch, plus Windows hardware manufacturers just don't get that build quality is a top consideration these days.

Obviously the price was a bit of a deterrent for years but learning what I now know about Apple's amazing customer service, I feel I'm in great hands.

Bought the computer for work but also for picture editing as my girlfriend is an amateur photographer.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Just fired up!
13" 2.5/8/256

IMG_1603_zps68afd24d.jpg

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Yeah I tried the Mac Mini/iPad Mini combo and it failed for me miserably

Went with the retina as my main machine...for the price under $1500 it was well worth it.

I wish I could get by with 128... damn large PSD files are killing me. I have a huge iTunes library and 40GB iPhoto library which could all go on external. Decisions, decisions.

Wait: Under 1500 with the 256?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I wish I could get by with 128... damn large PSD files are killing me. I have a huge iTunes library and 40GB iPhoto library which could all go on external. Decisions, decisions.

Wait: Under 1500 with the 256?

Yeah this time around I only put probably 60% of my iTunes library onto the SSD. Plus I am starting a fresh iPhoto library with my others all on externals.

Yes I got the 256 SSD for under $1500

MacMall has them for $1475 shipped and I had a little bit of credit with them
Well worth it

Ordered on Thurs night...got it today

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Just pulled the trigger on a Refurb 15" RMBP 2.3. 8/256. For the price, I couldn't pass it up $1779. If it has an LG screen, i'll send it back :D

Last edited:

MBPDiva

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
on Orion's Belt
I just received my cMBP 15 inch, 8G hi res widescreen, and I must say I am very disappointed with my selection. The monitor pales in comparison to the crisp, accurate color calibrated monitor on my 2008 cMBP. I can't get this thing to look half as good as the old monitor. It's almost as if Apple deliberately held back on the monitor quality to force consumers to buy the retina displays. :(

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Just placed my order for in store pick-up later today for the 13" rMBP with the 2.6GHz processor and the 256GB flash drive. It's replacing a 2007 white Macbook that's pretty beat up, though I've mostly been using an iPad. This is a long over due upgrade since I haven't had a speedy computer or the use of the latest OSX features in a while.

Also excited to experience the retina display on a laptop, particularly since I'm accustom to it on my iPhone and the iPad. I plan on swapping the iPad 4 for a mini when the next release occurs which will hopefully bring retina to that device too. It will be a retina trifecta! Yup, I'm excited.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
5:05 PM and FedEx still isn't here :eek:

Edit: Pardon me while I vent. The RMBP that was scheduled for delivery today and was "on the truck for delivery" is still not here. Called FedEx and they said that today was an "estimated date" not a firm date and my package is being delivered by an independent contractor (person in a car) and will be delivered tomorrow. So my computer is sitting in some guy's car tonight probably a few miles from my house.

Last edited:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Just picked one up this afternoon, 2013 13" rMBP with 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM, spent all evening getting everything transferred over from my old Mac. I can't believe how thin and lite this thing is, feels like a thick MBA. Pretty impressed with this thing so far.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
5:05 PM and FedEx still isn't here :eek:

Edit: Pardon me while I vent. The RMBP that was scheduled for delivery today and was "on the truck for delivery" is still not here. Called FedEx and they said that today was an "estimated date" not a firm date and my package is being delivered by an independent contractor (person in a car) and will be delivered tomorrow. So my computer is sitting in some guy's car tonight probably a few miles from my house.

What?! Where did you purchase the machine? That's awful bro

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I've never heard of Apple sending computers from "a guy with a car"
Always FedEx for me..just sounds a little strange

Hope u get it tomorrow

Best battery life I've ever had on a laptop

FedEx contracts with the regular Joe in my area to deliver to the remote places. I suppose its not worth sending the truck 20 miles out of the way for one package. :rolleyes: It sucks but I've never had a delivery this late.

Fantastic...
Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 11.24.27 PM.png

Last edited:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
FedEx contracts with the regular Joe in my area to deliver to the remote places. I suppose its not worth sending the truck 20 miles out of the way for one package. :rolleyes: It sucks but I've never had a delivery this late.

Fantastic...
View attachment 402363

"Delivery Exception" translates to "We were too f'in lazy to deliver it today, we'll get to it at some point."

Sucks dude, I usually have those problems with UPS in my area. They always seem to know my work schedule and plan their deliveries when I'm at work, regardless if I'm on days or nights. However they normally deliver between 8 & 9pm. Which is ridiculous.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
"Delivery Exception" translates to "We were too f'in lazy to deliver it today, we'll get to it at some point."

Sucks dude, I usually have those problems with UPS in my area. They always seem to know my work schedule and plan their deliveries when I'm at work, regardless if I'm on days or nights. However they normally deliver between 8 & 9pm. Which is ridiculous.

Precisely! It better be tomorrow.

Edit: 2:47 here and no computer. FML.
6:00 day two of being on the truck for delivery. No computer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.