Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
That seems quite low tbh. If it is a 6S apart from the 3d touch, I expected to go for maybe £479? Cheaper then the starting 6S, because of smaller screen and no 3D touch.

If it was a8 chip with the same camera from the 6, then that price would make sense. Unless apple is releasing two versions. A SE and a 5SE, the 5SE coming in at 250-350 pounds, and then the SE at £479? Apple would lose on a lot of profit margin if they put a A9 for this kind of price.

Reactions: Anneks

GRANTCKING

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
they said the same when the 5c was coming out, that it would be sub £300, will believe it when I see it!

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
That is what I was thinking. $550 for the 16gb and $650 for the 64gb. Anything less and I will be pleasantly shocked.

That seems quite low tbh. If it is a 6S apart from the 3d touch, I expected to go for maybe £479? Cheaper then the starting 6S, because of smaller screen and no 3D touch.

If it was a8 chip with the same camera from the 6, then that price would make sense. Unless apple is releasing two versions. A SE and a 5SE, the 5SE coming in at 250-350 pounds, and then the SE at £479? Apple would lose on a lot of profit margin if they put a A9 for this kind of price.

Yep!! I remember 5c hype and many said it might be cheap. It wasn't. It was $550.

(Side note: I hated the plastic and then really loved it the last year before getting a 5s. I actually wish I had the smooth back back. Bezels aren't as comfy)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Yep!! I remember 5c hype and many said it might be cheap. It wasn't. It was $550.

(Side note: I hated the plastic and then really loved it the last year before getting a 5s. I actually wish I had the smooth back back. Bezels aren't as comfy)

same. I love the way the 5c feels in hand. The plastic is actually really comfortable.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
5C price dropped quickly at 3rd party stores. shows how "cheap" an iPhone could be if every idiot (myself included) wouldnt fork out so much money for an iPhone :D

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I loved the 5c but went for the 5S instead because of the upgrades (touchID being the main one).
That's why I'll wait to see what the Se will hold. If I don't like what it has (or rather what it doesn't have) I'll get the 6s. I loved my 5c, but the omission of touchID was a bummer.

Reactions: DMVillain

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
That's why I'll wait to see what the Se will hold. If I don't like what it has (or rather what it doesn't have) I'll get the 6s. I loved my 5c, but the omission of touchID was a bummer.

I have the 6S Plus and I really hate the size (just about managed with the 6, what was I thinking...?) so hopefully I can upgrade to an iPhone SE if the specs aren't too gimped.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
If the specs are as similar to the 6s as they are rumored to be, it definitely won't be any lower than $549/649 for 16GB/64GB. What is more likely is $599/699 if it really is just a small 6s without 3D Touch.

Reactions: mattopotamus

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014

Hey, whatever happened to that 5c with TouchID photo that showed up on the Apple Store page about a year ago, and then quickly disappeared. What was that about? Probably not relevant anymore, but I always wondered how a mistake like that went up.

I'm still hoping for a dark blue, plastic, flagship iPhone. A man can dream... a man can dream.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Impossible to make any consideration about the price until we don't have any indication about what Apple is putting in it.

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
Hey, whatever happened to that 5c with TouchID photo that showed up on the Apple Store page about a year ago, and then quickly disappeared. What was that about? Probably not relevant anymore, but I always wondered how a mistake like that went up.

I'm still hoping for a dark blue, plastic, flagship iPhone. A man can dream... a man can dream.

6c with a8 replacing the 5s? And a fully fledged a9 4 inch metal version?

roxics

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
same. I love the way the 5c feels in hand. The plastic is actually really comfortable.

I just got my 5C back. It was my main phone for over a year and I bought a 6. Gave my son the 5C and used the 6 for over a year. Sold my 6 three months ago and got an Android and so did my son. Son wanted to sell the 5C and I wouldn't have it. Fond memories, so I got it back from him and just turned it on as my main phone again. In love with it all over again. It's so small compared to my 5.5" Android and feels great in the hand. With and without the Apple 5C case. Still very responsive too. If this new SE has similar specs/camera as the 6S, I may very well consider picking one up. Surprised how much I like the small size after having a couple bigger phones.

Reactions: mattopotamus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.