Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeeJee

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
Long Island/North Jersey
Anyone here use the Hex Academy Sonic Backpack? I'm interested in it, but I don't see any reviews for it.

A kid in my marketing class has that backpack. It's a nice looking bag but the straps a thin, especially for a $100 backpack, also the laptop is still partially exposed and if debris gets into that pocket your computer is easily scratched. Personally I only buy backpacks with a totally separate pocket for my machine. Look at the DaKine Duel, style is a little different but the quality for the price can't be beat.

Juya

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2013
I browsed the topic and there wasn't anything that really caught my eyes...

I'm seeking for a bag :

A black shoulder bag, which would hold the macbook in place and protect it from shocks

-Where there would be enough space to fit my laptop, several books, notebooks,calculators, and some pencils...

-Which would protect my laptop against my books... and from bumps against my back/shoulder/hips while I'm moving ^^"

-Which would, protect it from rain/other/ and from being taken from the bag while it's on my feet while not in use.

I already use an incase - neoprene case.

Thanks for your help^^

mshaf

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2009
I just got the powerbag messenger bag. I have the same needs as you. It's a good size bag that allows me to carry a couple books and folder files. It has a nice built in area for the laptop that is padded. I use a slip case like yours as well and place it in that compartment so it doesn't shift around (it is big enough to hold a 16" laptop. There is also a small compartment for a tablet/ipad. To top off the bag has a built in battery and incorporates hidden cables to charge iphone and ipads. Love this bag at its stylish. Got it on groupon for like $39.

Here's the link but you can def find it cheaper on ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/Powerbag-Mess...1363216650&sr=8-1&keywords=powerbag+messenger

I browsed the topic and there wasn't anything that really caught my eyes...

I'm seeking for a bag :

A black shoulder bag, which would hold the macbook in place and protect it from shocks

-Where there would be enough space to fit my laptop, several books, notebooks,calculators, and some pencils...

-Which would protect my laptop against my books... and from bumps against my back/shoulder/hips while I'm moving ^^"

-Which would, protect it from rain/other/ and from being taken from the bag while it's on my feet while not in use.

I already use an incase - neoprene case.

Thanks for your help^^

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca

Attachments

• 31pzZUdI64L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31pzZUdI64L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 4,443

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Just looked at the link and man that thing really does look awesome. Unforunately, all the reviews seem to say it's horrible quality, what a let-down

i did read that, half said it was no problem as well. im going to go ahead and pull the trigger and grab it. will advise on any issues.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
just want to advise people about my issue.

i ordered the thule gauntlet sleeve for my mba13. overnight shipping, purchased on 3/21. just got my tracking number saying it will be delivered on 3/28. so frusterating.

i am dealing with 6pm.com everyone. buyer beware!

rdunlap

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2013
Since I got my MacBook Air a couple weeks ago, I've been looking for that perfect bag that would fit my MBA and iPad in the same bag without a hitch, and also all of my other gadgets and tools being a computer tech. You don't know how many suggested bags I have bought and returned in my search, and I thought I'd never find that one bag that made me happy.

Well after a lot of searching I have found the one. The quality of this bag beats out the $70+ priced bags, and isn't bulky at all which was important to me. This bag is priced at $35 and is made to last. You can actually feel the quality when you take it out of the package. The zippers are nice and smooth, and unlike most backpacks don't feel like they are going to get stuck every time you use them. Also, the styling of this backpack is unique, and I get compliments all the time about this back.

The link is below, and if anyone gets this bag just let me know what you think of it as well. I'm sure you will enjoy it just as much as me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
I'm looking for something light to protect my MBA on the go. I usually carry it in my timbuk2 bag but sometimes I just leave my bag at my desk and take my Mac with me. So kind of looking for a hybrid(on its own/in the bag) sleeve. Any suggestions?

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
Has anybody bought a cheapo fake leather envelope sleeve like the ones you find on ebay and amazon?

jacqg

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
I hope I'm not double posting but I'm looking for a 2012 Macbook Air 11" sleeve that has enough protection to put into a jansport superbreak(American Eagle version so there is a laptop flap at the back) bag. I do have a shell installed on it, below, which makes it a little big bulkier but not that much.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TA1YNQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I want something slim as a sleeve but at the same time, offers protection when I set my bag down or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400444287920?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This is currently one that has caught my eye but I'm curious if I have other choices. I'm worried that the other sleeves would not fit my macbook with the shell. Question though, do most of you guys have a shell on your macbook air? I'm worried that mine might get scratched so I bought a shell for it. Do most people use them though?

My budget is $30 at most, but $20 would be awesome! I just want it to be slightly hard but not like a hardshell case.

*edit: one person in this thread mentioned that the screen is plastic so thus prone to scratches. How do you prevent that? Should I buy a rubber case for the keyboard to prevent that from happening? I suppose it would be fine to remove the shell as well but I really do want a thin but protective(for my superbreak) case.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.