Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Got this sleeve for my 11 inch (the apple sticker is from my MBA) :D I like it a lot so far.

4r99aa.jpg

2939grt.jpg

5mfih1.jpg

2kj6lv.jpg

DocNYz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
East Coast, USA
I searched everywhere for a lightweight leather messenger/laptop bag. The problem with most messenger/laptop bags in market today is that they're designed to carry big laptops, bulky power supply/3' long cord and room for a binder full of paper. I needed something that i can carry the MBA + few small items with me all day, to/from different meetings, etc..
I looked at the SFBags City Slicker, but that was basically a sleeve with a shoulder strap - some commented you can barely fit the power supply.

I searched on etsy.com and found this shop that crafts hand-cut/hand-sewn leather bags & accessories. I found the style of bag I liked and asked Aixa (the owner) to make the bag with the dimension I need to fit the 13" MBA + a few accessories. A few weeks later, the bag showed up... It has a dividing sleeve inside to separate the MBA from the MBA power adapter, VGA adapter, small notepad and my Samsung 10.1 tablet. A small pocket I use for headphones, biz cards. That's everything I need for the day - keeping things simple/minimalistic. The brown leather looks nice and should wear nicely over time. And it's a very unique bag and I get plenty of complements.

Outside:

Inside:

Good find on the etsy.com bag ... how much did it end up costing you? Still working out ok for you? Is there any internal padding? (you can PM me if you'd like)

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
padded sleeve w/strap?

I realize this thread hasn't been active for about a month, but I figure I would ask here instead of creating a whole new thread for my question...

I'm getting a new 13" MBA and simply want a padded sleeve with a pocket or two (for cables) and also has a detachable strap. My leading contenders are the STM Jacket for 13" and the Timbuk2 Quickie (Small), but I figured I would ask here to see if there are other/similar suggestions that I might be missing.

Grove86

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2013
Does anyone here have a sleeve that fits MBA 13'' nicely with a plastic snap-on cases(such as speck/incase/kuzy)? With zipper/without zipper/leather/neoprene, doesn't really matter. Any recommendation would be great. Thanks!

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
I bought this case from Bertie's Closet on Etsy. My girlfriend bought a case from them last year and it is incredible. So I picked one up for myself. Shipped on the same day, too.

il_570xN.388690848_rveb.jpg

il_570xN.388687635_6toq.jpg

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 121
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    600.6 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    549.4 KB · Views: 116

gloryunited

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2010
I really want an envelop-style sleeve/case mainly because of that magical moment when Steve Jobs introduces the original MBA back in the days.

Any good recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
Not so sure on this some bad reviews saying in a month or two time looks tatty and old, one even mentions holes in the corner after a month.
Can you let me know you thoughts after arrival and after a few days of use please?

Reviews will probable be true after some time... but i will use it very rare cause i ll have MBA mostly on my home... so i dont care. The inside is very very soft and for that price and looks you cant go wrong.

johnjey

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA
I think the thin hardshell cases that you leave on your laptop are just an insult to apples design department.

Yeah if you are not careful with your laptop it will get some scratches on the bottom, but with those it still looks 1000x better than an ugly speck case :) It's a device built to be used, it's designed to be able to handle a lot.

Just my 2 cents, and my reason to always go for a high quality (leather) sleeve.

I have similar thought process as plastic - incase or any other speck or whatever company cases makes Mac look like a piece of ****

I will only go for a high quality premium leather sleeve or case

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I appreciate you taking the time to answer that. I just found this thread, and liked the design of your sleeve, but I had the same question. I had seen buffing wheels made out of wool felt, and wondered about how abrasive your material was. I am a big fan of merino wool base layers and know how well they work in both hot and cold weather, regulating temperatures and absorbing moisture from the air. I would also think that it could be beneficial in helping to reduce the possibility of condensation. Thanks!

Edit: I went ahead and ordered one. I will provide updated feedback once it is received. :)

So I've searched through the thread, and I couldn't find your impressions of the sleeve from Cocones. I'm thinking of getting this one, and I'd just like to know how you're liking the sleeve (I realise you bought this a while ago, but I figured then you would've used it for a while as a result). Since your also from Colorado, I feel like you can give me the best idea of how well it works out on our climate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.