Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oneshotpro

Suspended
Aug 13, 2014
considering switching to this, can't stand the 4S on iOS8 any longer/price gouging/bent phones/16GB base model for 6. unfortunately, its not releasing on FIDO & I won't ever switch back to Telus for any phone. If only motorola would sell unlocked in ca.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
According to Moto's Blog:

1) $0.01 for Verizon customers
2) $140 off for non-contract phones
3) 30% accessories if you buy with the phone (*Chromecast is excluded).

Registrations starts December 1, from 11:00 AM CST in the US, and 2:00 PM CST in the EU.

At this price I'm seriously considering picking up one. I'd really like a Nexus 6 but for about $250 less and the ability to customize the design, hard to say no the what's very nearly a 'baby Nexus'.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
At this price I'm seriously considering picking up one. I'd really like a Nexus 6 but for about $250 less and the ability to customize the design, hard to say no the what's very nearly a 'baby Nexus'.
What is the camera like on the Moto X 2014? I heard its not that great. But if you don't use it then it doesn't matter.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
What is the camera like on the Moto X 2014? I heard its not that great. But if you don't use it then it doesn't matter.

Yeah, I've seen the same. I'm not looking to fully replace my 6+, else I probably might not take the plunge and would likely wait on a Nexus 6. This lower price makes it a viable alternate device (read: new shiny toy I get to play with ;)).

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Its 13 MP. You would think it would be good but im more concerned that it only has a 2300 mAh battery.

I consider myself to be a moderate daily user so I think it's big enough to get me through a day fairly comfortably. My HTC One M7 had a smaller battery and was generally good enough.

----------

Ahhh that seems small. But might not tell the whole story though. Anyone here have one?

Might I actually own a specific phone before Jamezr? Didn't think that would be possible! :eek::p

fredaroony

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
I'd really like to buy this phone but clearly Motorola couldn't give a damn about the Australian market.

Also the pricing is insulting...$698 AUS for a 16GB phone!

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Lol.....you had the 6+ before me. I just picked one up tonight.

I love the deign of the Moto X2.

Seriously, you picked up a 6+?

You are way past having a problem....;)

You have to be the undisputed gadget champ of the Alternatives forum. Nicely done. :D

I'm so tempted to get a leather backed Pure Edition of the Moto X but after using the 6+ for two months now, I'm hooked on the extra large phone and really would like to spend some serious time with a Nexus 6.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

You have to be the undisputed gadget champ of the Alternatives forum. Nicely done. :D

I traded my Nexus 6 32GB for a 6+ 128 GB. Good deal!
Straight up trade

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I traded my Nexus 6 32GB for a 6+ 128 GB. Good deal!
Straight up trade

Wow...somebody really wanted a Nexus 6. That's a ridiculously good deal, even if you just want to flip the 6+ for a tidy profit. I am curious to hear your impressions of the 6+ though. Oh, and if you plan on keeping it for a while and want a relatively low profile yet stylish case, I highly recommend the Apple leather case--feels awesome in hand (gets rid of the slippery nature of the curved metal frame), added little bulk and wears well. It is a little pricey though.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Wow...somebody really wanted a Nexus 6. That's a ridiculously good deal, even if you just want to flip the 6+ for a tidy profit. I am curious to hear your impressions of the 6+ though. Oh, and if you plan on keeping it for a while and want a relatively low profile yet stylish case, I highly recommend the Apple leather case--feels awesome in hand (gets rid of the slippery nature of the curved metal frame), added little bulk and wears well. It is a little pricey though.

So far loving the 6+!! Funny how it seems so different than the 6 even. Going to test out the camera tomorrow!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

Would really like to read your thoughts when you get it. Please post back and let us know what you think!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

I'm so tempted to get a leather backed Pure Edition of the Moto X but after using the 6+ for two months now, I'm hooked on the extra large phone and really would like to spend some serious time with a Nexus 6.

He isn't. I just don't post all the gear I have. I can use a different smartphone and tablet for each day of the week. :)

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
I have the (new) X. Love it. The design and construction is really top drawer - The camera on kitkat is not great but I've seen some from the lollipop version and they are a hell of a lot better. Looking forward to the update.

Battery is ok - could be better but I get a whole day out of it. I have two turbo chargers (one in the office and the other in the car )which I can use if I need a quick boost Usually get to the end of the day with 20%+ left. I'm a fairly heavy user.

Totally happy with it. Great size, great construction and close to stock android as you can get.

The photo below was taken by another x user (http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...ken-your-second-generation-moto-x-here-6.html) with the update. I suspect as Google invest more in post processing s/w we will all see much better results from the stock camera app.

150720d1417012653-post-pictures-taken-your-second-generation-moto-x-here-x5.jpg

Ahhh that seems small. But might not tell the whole story though. Anyone here have one?

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
You have until 12/15 to use the code, if you get one on 12/01. I'm going to try and get one. I did an upgrade with T-mo to get the Nexus 6, but if for whatever reason I don't like it, I'll just get this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.