Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Yea I dare not leave that community for fear of boredom. they really make things interesting like "hey check out this new song I made" *people download* "hey thats great! what did you make it on?" "Garageband" "OMGZ U SUXXS! HAAH L33T! burn" or similar.

Is it right to feel a twinge of internal happiness when you use people like that to get a reaction, to enjoy their idiotic responses? or should I go to confession :(

XNine

macrumors 68040
#1, PM me the site. It's been quite some time since I joined a forum of morons to blast them for their stupidity.

#2. Windows users, generally, not on a whole, are complete dumb asses. I cannot recall how many stupid things I've heard them say. The last defense they have is game support. But guess what? I can give a **** about game support on a computer, when consoles have better games, cheaper games, and games with more replay value. Put that in your pipe and smoke it peppy.

I get tired of Macbashers. Mostly because they are ignorant, self-righteous bigots. If they truly knew the innovaters of computer history, from Apple to IBM to Sun, they'd finally figuyre out "wow, I'm supporting a thief."

Again, my statements shouldn't be considered blanketed. I have numerous friends that know Macs OWN, even though they themselves own and use PC's.

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
They are akin to sheep

But is it just the non-Mac forums I visit or are PC users just all round stupid?

Stupid, maybe but more like sheep. They blindly follow their sheppard (Bill Gates) and only can relate to their meaningless PCs. I have tried to talk to PC users about why they use a inferior computer but have never received a answer that amounts to a pile of sh**. I have tried to get them to read articles about the Mac and its ease of setup/use. I get this " I'm not reading that Apple propaganda" or " Apple, that is not a real computer". I must admit I do not use PCs and am not in a position where I would be forced to used one. So my opinion is highly biased toward Macs. I am proud to own and use Macs, I just wish that PC users could see beyond the wool covering their eyes.

Chacala_Nayarit

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
Lakewood, Washington
The USA: home of the Mac People vs. PC People. I am still confussed of their genetics, yet they appear to be cyborgs. Can anyone confirm this observation?

Folks, this is just not an issue in Mexico. :rolleyes:

So gringo....:p

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Chacala_Nayarit said:
The USA: home of the Mac People vs. PC People. I am still confussed of their genetics, yet they appear to be cyborgs. Can anyone confirm this observation?

Folks, this is just not an issue in Mexico. :rolleyes:

So gringo....:p

It's a well kept secret that Americans have gotten heavier primarily because they're being systematically replaced by cyborgs made of denser materials, especially above the neck.

Just you wait until someone sues Apple for existing and thereby causing other companies undue difficulty in living up to standards set by a niche player. The entire country will be seized in the ensuing Mac vs. PC brawl...Slashdotters will pour into the streets spewing Linux everywhere, hoping that that will FINALLY be the opportunity to get Linux a significant market share.

It will turn out that Apple files a countersuit against the legal right to bring suit, because it caused them to file for bankruptcy protection in 2006 because it made a whole line of products plagued by such serious problems as fingerprints and pain-inducing light reflection as well as failing to make its portable lines waterproof. In a bizarre turn of events, the government will side with Apple and rule all lawsuits illegal, resulting in the collapse of most companies relying on software patents for viability and revenue. With only the innovative companies left, they will team up with cyborgs (which Microsoft claims were created by Google and could have been stopped if the US government had simply allowed Steve Ballmer to effing kill Google back in 2005).

Nonetheless, the cyborgs and corporations together will plan, and after toppling Microsoft and gaining support of nerds everywhere, execute Earth 2.0. They will then lay waste to Earth's surface to build the Death Star, and it will be revealed that Dick Cheney has been in control since 1962.

Chacala_Nayarit

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
Lakewood, Washington
Good thing the sun still rises. :cool:

Whoa, some tourists passed by my shack today and I think they could sense a Mac in my hut. They must be PC cyborgs! The federals are investigating (aka sitting on their asses laughing at something so stupid). :D

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
raggedjimmi...

You dont think the same thing happens here but in reverse? People talk about Microsoft and a huge flurry of idiots come trashing it. Its same thing but with a different response. Its obvious that if you goto a forum that is out of the norm in that particular forum you will be met with sheer ignorance.

I love how alot of Macrumor members are entirely oblivious to Window's capabilities. Yet they all claim they have these little certifications (which i wouldnt doubt) to back up their knowledget. Yet their trashing a good OS.

Both Apple and Microsoft have their quirks but both of them are really powerful OS. So it all boils down to, who cares? It doesnt matter what people say. Just nod your head and their ignorance :)

Skareb

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2005
Adelaide
wako said:
I love how alot of Macrumor members are entirely oblivious to Window's capabilities.
This thread is destined to be locked soon:D

PC (Windows) users are far from stupid, THey just realise that $ for $ you can get a whole lot more computer on that side of the fence.

There's the argument about all of OSX's standerd features, but really, with what's avaliabe for free download on both side of the fence it's really a void argument.

Gaming on OSX still sucks (you need a bucket load more G5 then Athlon 64/P4 to get the same gaming performace)

iTunes still is a system memory/resource leach

Apple's "consumer" products are still stuck with last years Graphics cards

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a Dual core Powermac, and run Linux on it as well as OSX.

but until $4500AUD makes its way into my bank account that's just not going to happen, When I can build a windows/linux box that will out perform it for $2000.

Cheers
Jordan

P.S: OSX on Athlon 64 Rocks:p whoops;)

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
wako said:
I love how alot of Macrumor members are entirely oblivious to Window's capabilities. Yet they all claim they have these little certifications (which i wouldnt doubt) to back up their knowledget. Yet their trashing a good OS.
While there are people here who don't know much about Windows, most of us do. Or at least we know more about it than the average Windows user knows about the Mac, as I said. I also find that when someone makes a mistake about something Microsoft related, they are often corrected. I'm one of those with my "little certifications" and a job fixing XP all day (which I am very well paid for, and quite good at if I do say so myself). Windows has it's good qualities just as OS X has it's bad ones... but when I spend all day fixing these stupid little issues that shouldn't be happening in the first place for people who wouldn't know a firewall from a hole in their head, I gotta say it's nice to come home to a Mac.

And spend a little time bashing something that gives me a lot of grief. ;)

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Well as someone who has to HELP people who dont understand the OS, i would assume it would give you alot of grief. As does the people we call for help, who fixes Apple users mistakes.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Comets_2009 said:
I'm so sick of getting chewed out by pc users. I don't even know what to say to them anymore, so I thought I'd ask.

This is what I said to a pc user that I was talking to: Also, another thing, if Macs weren't so good, why would schools use them? Schools wouldn't shuck out the big bucks to buy crap computers.

This is what he said: lies.

Our macs in the programming lab (read: most update computers) suck compared to a computer I or any kid could build for them for half the price. It's rediculous how often they crash, and how long it takes to run Eclipse.

How do I reply to that?
Tell him that according PC Magazine. Macs are the computers that break down the least. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1851295,00.asp

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Skareb said:
This thread is destined to be locked soon:D

They just realise that $ for $ you can get a whole lot more computer on that side of the fence.

IF more computer = more hardware then yes but i belive the OS is the computer

Ya XP does have OSX beat in a few places but for most home users OSX is the better choices(not for gamers)

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I know someone that says: "If you have a Mac, you are guaranteed a good job, but if you use Windows, who knows!."
His point was to look at the people using Apple, it's the professors, scientists, etc, and then look at some of the Windows users! :p
The only people that don't like mac have never used them.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
My Windows using friends always say Macs aren't good because they can't play games.
I hate it when people blame Apple for not having good games! It is NOT Apple's fault, blame the software companies that refuse to consider Apples "real" computers.
Fact is: Apple computers are extremely powerful and run games very well.

(I don't know if this really fits in with this thread, but it seemed like a good place to point out the stupidity of some Windows users.)

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Verto said:
I've found many Mac users pretentious snobs, so this kind of thing can go either way.
Wow, this thread proves that. ;)
But really, we just like our computers, and wish others would recognize how good they are also. People are always bashing Apple (my Cisco teacher doesn't even consider them "real computers")!

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
EricNau said:
My Windows using friends always say Macs aren't good because they can't play games.
I hate it when people blame Apple for not having good games! It is NOT Apple's fault, blame the software companies that refuse to consider Apples "real" computers.
Fact is: Apple computers are extremely powerful and run games very well.

(I don't know if this really fits in with this thread, but it seemed like a good place to point out the stupidity of some Windows users.)

actually, if you compare frame rates in games, that have the same video card, speed, RAM, etc PC is just better at gaming.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
wako said:
actually, if you compare frame rates in games, that have the same video card, speed, RAM, etc PC is just better at gaming.
Why/How? Sorry, I'm just not convinced. What about processors, a G5 is better and faster than a P4. (which I would say is the most common PC processor)

matix

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Woah. A G5 isn't neccesarily faster than a P4. In complex tasks, it can smoke a P4 but for day-to-day tasks, in fact it really is slow for how much money you have to spend to get one.

And not only do macs have less gaming titles, the ones that are released are sometimes slower (initially) or crappy ports. The last 2 blizzard games that were a hybrid release were functionally fine but not optimized very much. That's part of the reason a p4 or even a 'wimpy' celeron can smoke a G5, all other things being equal.

OSX on celeron Rocks:p Whoops;)

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
EricNau said:
Why/How? Sorry, I'm just not convinced. What about processors, a G5 is better and faster than a P4. (which I would say is the most common PC processor)

For gamers, we use AMD CPUs. Their architecture is simply much better. I dont really use Intel because their junk for gaming.

Tried playing WoW on my friends PowerMac dual 2.0 vs my AMD FX-55 and he actually had 1gb more RAM then me but both are PC3200. Same graphics card, 6800GT, and yet my computer definately was able to handle the game much better than he does.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
wako said:
For gamers, we use AMD CPUs. Their architecture is simply much better. I dont really use Intel because their junk for gaming.

Tried playing WoW on my friends PowerMac dual 2.0 vs my AMD FX-55 and he actually had 1gb more RAM then me but both are PC3200. Same graphics card, 6800GT, and yet my computer definately was able to handle the game much better than he does.
OK, I guess I'm wrong...I hate that. :eek:

Tulsaboyw

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2005
gaming

I never ever ever, make computer purchase decisions on the basis of games.
Never have never will, though the specs that gamers used are a part of the info somewhat, I will not buy a machine soley because it can play a particular game. Besides Im likely to buy a lot more power & particulars than a gamer, since I am looking longterm and the gamers I know are at times only looking at the game they want to play better/cooler with.

Unlike my classmate, who has over 90 games (on about 120 cd's approx).. I only have 5 cd's.
Though I do have over 100 games(low end ancient) on 1 cd.
Cards,old pc games,etc. But all of them will play on any pc of any windows os and most of them.
For me games are timekillers, not entertainment (I will use my future xbox for that).
Yet I have more than 300 cd's of non-game stuff of which he only has 10.
Nearly half of my stuff is sw developement related.

Fact is, my cd collection will outlast his by many years.
His next upgrade might very well eliminate 1 or more of his cd's.
My next upgrade might at most eliminate 3-4 if even then.

My computers last years, my primary pc is 10 years old and is currently 5 times better than its original purchase.
and has 10 times the ram, and 25 times the hd. And has been (except for motherboard) has been totally rebuilt.

I had altair for 2 years.
I had one APPLE II or another for nearly 12 years.
I had Amiga for 5 years..with 2 years of it emulating pc's better than the real deal.
I had pc for 9 years (different brands/os,config.

I never even considered mac untill normal screens & color was available.
I never even looked at pc's till windows 95.
Until win95, I could do everything required of msdos or win31 without ever owning a pc.
Emulation was often a lot better on mac or amiga than the real deal was. (and was sw only).
My best frined emulated on his mac, similarily but even better. (at times hardware, at times sw only).

My socalled amiga emulation of pc would emulate a pentium at nearly double the mhz that was available then.
Despite the fact that myAMIGA 3000 I had was 25mhz (??, dont remmber mhz).
My amiga is the only computer I have owned that I wish I had kept.
I do not ever keep old pc's on the shelf, though I keep a equally stupid volume of parts & devices anyway.

My other pc's in the home net are garage sale pcs (total cost pre-upgrade was $50).
Upgrades were needed obviously, and the only past garage sale buy that was wasted $$ was the 6400/180 mac.
Great for its time, but for what I wanted to do, was a waste of the $10 I spent to get it.
(did upgrade ram & hd and os, but will take the hd back out and reinstall the original, to give it away).
Fortunatley those low end units are 'webbrowsers' & boinc only pc's. I almost never use them for anything else.
I was going to linux'ise the mac I had, but the side issues elimated the worth I was looking for.
Upgrades here were definatley not cost effective enough to bother with.

In fact, what makes me want to buy a pc or mac:
$$$ costs - can I do the same for less or compariable.
Appearance - I might consider a cool looking box over a better computer.
Chances are no sacrifices will be needed.
Capacity - ram & hd, (though hd is less relevant for me since I have 1000
gig on my home network).
HD & Ram on a laptop though would be a consideraation.
Laptop screensize (larger than traditional).
Video - capability to go multiscreen - high resolution

Boinc (seti) app: though not the only app is one of the reasons I wont go OSX less than 10.3 (or is it 10.4).

MS OFFICE (mandatory for both pc & mac) though I already have MS OFFICE (PC)

QUICKEN (prefer pc, but quicken on mac would be ok).

Full network capabilities - (not really an issue, just a consideration).

Hercules - (mainframe emulator) - will be eventually on every pc or mac in network..(though I dont know for sure about mac options here yet. Is sw based.

Video - full blown editing must be similar to better to what I was already doing on my pc (and it beat my brothers mac video editing hands down and for a lot lot less $$$). Costs are a consideraiton here.
Fortunately dont need high end systems for this, Im doing studio quality editing on my 10yr old pc and had similar hardware on the previous pc.

MAME - classic video gameplay - pc & mac.
Dont even need highend my 650mhz plays these fine. And i even put these on a lowend laptop for a newphew of mine.
Some of these games are as good as the socalled high end games my classmate has.

ORACLE or SQL related - decisions here may color what I go for.
I dont yet know what (if any) limitations I might have.. Presumably none.

There are a great many other reasons but the above is the biggest.

I relize some of this is arguable... But I dont consider myself a anti-mac user or a windows bigot. (Considering that ive been a personal computer user since 1979 and have only had ibm (or windows) since 1996-1997.
My apple II/amiga history is much longer.

My #1 consideration will always be cost.

Since I figure on getting an additional 2 computers (1 laptop,1 desktop).

Since desktop choice (whether mac or pc) will be a very high end selection:
pc: amd64/dual core/dual processor choices.
mac: similar dual mac choices.

Laptop choice will be not so high end but there may be some changes in decision choices, and flexibility in future use.

Unfortuntely, usergroups (mac & otherwise) tend to be useless as they will be often understandably biased and not always a good source for decision making. (Mac users locally in the past were the prime reason I went AMIGA, and never regretted it).

The mac users I know are dual users (mac & pc). And are the resource I am using to decide what & how much.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
raggedjimmi said:
Im not going to bother arguing back anymore. just point them here http://www.xvsxp.com/, sit back, and smile. :) <like that

And exactly who scores the OS? The author of the site or a huge group of people?

So far it seems like another biased site.

Hey, lets goto MS's website and see how they think they compare to OSX! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.