Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AaronICT

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Yay, I'm on my new Mac.

Did they make the box big enough??

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I find my card reader or install my printer. Suffice it to say, I'm very happy and now I just need to wait around for the OTHER FedEx guy to come with Final Cut Pro so I can get started on the video project I have to have done by tomorrow night. :eek:

Two days ago we didn't have a Mac. Today we have two. Yesterday I found an iMac G3 600Mhz for our daughters. I got it for $75. Not too bad, I planned on buying an AirPort card for it, which was going to run another $60+. But then I got the computer home and turned it on... and it found our wireless network -- it already HAD an AirPort card!

And then there's today... This Mac Pro is 10000% quieter than my PC. I can actually hear the TV again.

Now to get my iTunes library into my new Mac and get around to installing my second hard drive.

I did have one small glitch if anyone here can help me out with. When I restarted the computer after installing the software updates, the screen was squished into the left side of my widescreen monitor. Resetting the screen size fixed it, but was wondering if there's something I need to set?

Anyway, pics coming! Thanks for riding the wait-time out with me!!!

ready2switch

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2006
I'm so jealous!

Two reasons:

First, you have a new Mac and I don't. :(

Second, your "waiting for my new Mac" thread is so exciting. Mine will probably be dull. :p

Congrats!

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Did they make the box big enough??

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I find my card reader or install my printer. Suffice it to say, I'm very happy and now I just need to wait around for the OTHER FedEx guy to come with Final Cut Pro so I can get started on the video project I have to have done by tomorrow night. :eek:

Two days ago we didn't have a Mac. Today we have two. Yesterday I found an iMac G3 600Mhz for our daughters. I got it for $75. Not too bad, I planned on buying an AirPort card for it, which was going to run another $60+. But then I got the computer home and turned it on... and it found our wireless network -- it already HAD an AirPort card!

And then there's today... This Mac Pro is 10000% quieter than my PC. I can actually hear the TV again.

Now to get my iTunes library into my new Mac and get around to installing my second hard drive.

I did have one small glitch if anyone here can help me out with. When I restarted the computer after installing the software updates, the screen was squished into the left side of my widescreen monitor. Resetting the screen size fixed it, but was wondering if there's something I need to set?

Anyway, pics coming! Thanks for riding the wait-time out with me!!!

Congrats on your new macs!

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
I am the opposite just sold my macbook and getting a desktop, before you start flaming me, I dont like the current imac...and will switch the moment a new one comes out I am disabled and have a right arm problem that this touchscreen makes it , still ......
407985492_aeabe83b1e_o.jpg

Looks like AMD has a sweet new rig they're readying for January launch, and word on the street is Bill Gates wants to launch it personally. It's the IQ770 "Crossfire," the first mass market touchscreen desktop PC we've seen, surely good for taking advantage of Vista's integrated tablet functionality. The Vista Premium system, set to launch alongside Windows on January 30th, features a massive load of options including: 19-inch touchscreen, AMD Turion 64 X2 dual core TL-52 processor, 2GB SDRAM, 320GB drive, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, WiFi, Bluetooth, integrated 1.3 megapixel camera, integrated FM and ATSC HDTV tuners, a DVD±RW / DVD-RAM burner with LightScribe, Pocket Media Drive bay, wireless keyboard, mouse, stylus, front media reader, and a crazy amount of ports (Ethernet, two FireWire, six USB 2.0, one with HP printer power Y-cable connector, 5.1 + digital audio out, IR out, mini-VGA, and inputs: FM coax, TV coax, ATSC, and two S-Video). It also features some new widget-like dashboard interface, featuring HP new SmartCalendar, which serves as a central point for virtual fridge notes and shared family calendars; as well as Photosmart Touch, a new image editing and printing interface. Expect to pony up $1799 - $1899 for this iMac killer in a couple months. Tons more photos after the break!

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Yesterday I found an iMac G3 600Mhz for our daughters.

You don't say how old your daughters are, but if they are young, check out Bugdom. Girls usually like it and it is one of the nicest games for the G3. Congratulations. Enjoy your machines.

AaronICT

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Finally got some pics up!

http://www.hostedbyaaron.com/macpro

I've obviously been playing most of the day. I'm amazed at how incredibly fast it is, even the "stock" configuration. The only thing I added to the basic config was wireless/bluetooth. I installed a second 250GB drive myself, which was the same model of the one already in it (I didn't plan that).

Everything has worked right out of the box except one anomaly. Whenever the system shuts down or restarts, the widescreen picture comes back on all scrunched up on the left side of the screen instead of 1680x1050. To get it back, I have to switch resolution to some other size and then back to 1680x1050. It's really odd and I haven't found anyone that seems to be experiencing the same thing. My monitor is an Acer AL2223W. I'm using the DVI to VGA converter because the DVI port on the monitor is bad and I'm waiting for my RMA labels to get here to send it back for a replacement.

Anyway, this has been one heck of a day. I finally got to go to the bathroom and my Mac Pro is safe in its temporary home at our house until my office at work is remodeled.

I tried doing a Boot Camp install, but the Windows CD I have had a scratch on it and couldn't be read halfway through the install process. Oh, well.

:) See you!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Congrats!!!

My Dad got his - man is it FAST!!!!

FedEx Ground - enough said, the "not home" trick is common. THey are independent carriers with Contracts.... it's REALLY bad here - heck, i have the supervisors name permanently posted on my fridge. Guess i won't order anything but AIR from Apple :D

Back to the Pro - we have having wireless issues with my Dads..... UGH

BuzWeaver

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2006
Atlanta, GA USA
Finally got some pics up!

http://www.hostedbyaaron.com/macpro

I've obviously been playing most of the day. I'm amazed at how incredibly fast it is, even the "stock" configuration. The only thing I added to the basic config was wireless/bluetooth. I installed a second 250GB drive myself, which was the same model of the one already in it (I didn't plan that).

Everything has worked right out of the box except one anomaly. Whenever the system shuts down or restarts, the widescreen picture comes back on all scrunched up on the left side of the screen instead of 1680x1050. To get it back, I have to switch resolution to some other size and then back to 1680x1050. It's really odd and I haven't found anyone that seems to be experiencing the same thing. My monitor is an Acer AL2223W. I'm using the DVI to VGA converter because the DVI port on the monitor is bad and I'm waiting for my RMA labels to get here to send it back for a replacement.

Anyway, this has been one heck of a day. I finally got to go to the bathroom and my Mac Pro is safe in its temporary home at our house until my office at work is remodeled.

I tried doing a Boot Camp install, but the Windows CD I have had a scratch on it and couldn't be read halfway through the install process. Oh, well.

:) See you!

Sounds Great! I'm on the Sales side and not the tech side, however check your Connector (DVI to VGA), insure its connected well and you may even want to re-seed the Video Card. Just a few things you can try. You have 1 year of AppleCare so don't hesitate to call for support, they can walk you through a few trouble shooting steps.

I know that the connector can have some subtle issues as it kind of tangles and there may be a slight pull on it from the VGA cable, naturally this will all depend on how you have it connected.

Congrats on your purchase!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.