Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Never heard of Shimuri but this is probably just like the Caudabe Veil I have for my 5s, which I love. But 20.99 plus $5 shipping from Hong Kong? I think I'll just wait until the Caudabe is released and get it on Amazon. Free two day shipping since I'm a Prime member. And if it's priced like the Veil for the 5s, it'll be $15.

----------

I understand wanting thin but I had the Veil for 5s, almost no protection and I rather have some so balk at thinnest going forward.

Yeah but this is a thread about the thinnest case for iPhone 6. So......

BenDo

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
That case looks nice, but I want to see the Gray color first before I decide to order.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007

My Spigen Air Skin ($16) arrived today and it's exactly what I wanted. It's an extremely slim case just like the Caudabe Veil ($15) case I had for my iPhone 5s.

If you're looking for a slim case, this is the one to get (at least for now). It looks like the iPhone 6 with this case will be thinner than a naked iPhone 5s.

Here's some quick pictures I took comparing it to my iPhone 5s:

Does it look like the case will stick out past the screen or will you be able to swipe off the screen and not run into the lip of the case? I know it's hard to tell without the phone, just asking for your best guess.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Just got an email from Shumuri confirming they are making an iPhone 6 Plus case as well, and plan to announce it later this week. I hope they have more pictures, the iphone 6 photo makes it look thin and sleek.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Thinnest iPhone 6 Case?

I also emailed them two days ago and just got a reply back. They said that the iPhone 6 Plus cases will be available in 3-4 days.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2014
Same here, got a reply saying the iP6+ cases will be available in 3 to 4 days on the Shumuri site.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
That Shumuri looks sweet, the clear case on my gold phone would look awesome. I know there will be hardly any protection but I don't care this phone is big with the bezels and all don't want even more bulk. I'll sacrifice...wondering if I should wait for some reviews though. Can you guys post some pics when you get it?

I can. I opted for the expedited shipping as well.

----------

What are the Shumuri cases made from? Thin silicone?

eh, I hope not. Hoping for a thin and flexible TPU but given how it hugs the side, that may be wishful thinking.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I can. I opted for the expedited shipping as well.

----------

eh, I hope not. Hoping for a thin and flexible TPU but given how it hugs the side, that may be wishful thinking.

Awesome looking forward to it. Hope it's as good as it looks for you.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I second he Spigen Air Skin case. I just ordered one too. With the .4mm thickness the iPhone 6 will STILL be thinner than the 5s with no case. You can't beat that.

I just wish it didn't have the raised lip in the front to protect the screen. I'd rather have no obstructions at the edge of my screen. Oh well.

So it does lift the screen off the surface when face down? Can you take any pics?

I'm not sure how that's a bad thing.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
So it does lift the screen off the surface when face down? Can you take any pics?

I'm not sure how that's a bad thing.

I don't know if it does or not, as I haven't received mine yet. The Spigen Air Skin is the only one that doesn't mention a raised edge on the front, so I'm really hopeful it doesn't have one.

It's not a bad thing for most people, but I prefer not to have the lip, as I don't like the feeling of bumping into it when I swipe onto or off of the screen. Plus, who sets their phone down face down?

Especially with the rounds edges of the iPhone 6, I REALLY want a case that gets out of the way of swiping. I might just have to go naked with no case with this one after all.

rustyosaurus

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
is it better to have the bottom open or not?

the pinlo slice 3 is one of the only cases i've seen that does not have the bottom open: http://www.pinlo.com/Slice 3/iPhone6/Slice 3-iP6-Transparent Black.html#.VBcfWkuYWBg

i've used a ringke slim for the past two years which also has the bottom open and my phone got dented and scratched up.

but if having a closed bottom means it's going to be impossible to get it out of the case, then i'd rather not. i won't take it out of the case that often, but i like to clean the dust off every once in a while.

also, i'm interested in the electric blue cases (not sure which one makes this). I wonder how that will look with a space grey phone, since the case is translucent.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
Does it look like the case will stick out past the screen or will you be able to swipe off the screen and not run into the lip of the case? I know it's hard to tell without the phone, just asking for your best guess.

Not sure. It's hard to tell since the iPhone 6 has curved edges.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah and they all claim to be "the world's thinnest iPhone 6/6 Plus case".

Yeah, everyone and their mother makes one now. It'll be interesting to see the varying quality. Although, it's not like anyone has found a way of making these things indestructible. They'll be just as fragile as they were before. I personally don't have a problem with that, but some people might be in for a surprise.

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
really wanna get that shumuri case but can't find any info about the brand or their cases online. anyone have any insight?

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
really wanna get that shumuri case but can't find any info about the brand or their cases online. anyone have any insight?

The Shimuri is no different than any of the other super thins. They seem to be in Hong Kong. Why bother. Just get one from Caudabe or Spigen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.