Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Tim can't live without the Apple Watch.

And I'm having no problem living without the Apple Watch. :D

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
No one said "beginning" of 2015, Apple said "Early 2015" :)

To be honest I do wonder if Apple would have been better off waiting til October or Janury to announce it. September's haphazard presentation, and the placeholder software running on it, was not exactly the best foot forward. I have a feeling that in a few years, the behind the scenes story will be similar to the iPhone, where everything is basically held together with scotch tape.

My guess is that they wanted to pre-announce it before there were any supply chain leaks, plus in time for Fashion Week in Paris, and the November Vogue China issue. By publicizing it before the holidays, they tempered demand for potential competing products (from tech companies or watch companies). Plus, it gave them time to get developers on board.

GrumpyOldMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2014
Not that I want one. I own 12 Apple devices in current use and go back 30 years with them. No first gen products for me.

And I hate wearing a watch!

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
First four years of the month? , apparently the watch is so cool it bends time ! :eek: , all joking aside I cant wait.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Illuminati? The Matrix? The Mayans? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!?!

Cook confirmed that the Apple Watch's April shipping date was within the expected range of early 2015, which Apple considers to be the first four years of the month.

----------

April? Really Apple? I'm really hoping that they're going to pull some great stuff off with this thing if it's going to take this long.

Although, I wouldn't mind if they are taking their time on it so that the battery life can be improved. If they come out with some great battery life on it, I'll be very happy.

Last edited:

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
156zvhf.png

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
April? I hope I don't spend all my tax money by then! LOL. Kidding. :)

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I have to wonder if they announced it too early and gave the competition time to take what  has and "improve" on it. Will be interesting to see what Samsung announces along with the Galaxy S6.

This is why I have to smile when I see some people here coming out with statements along the lines of Apple won't be updating the watch.

It will be years before they change it :)

And just what do these people think other brands would be doing during this "multiple years" of Apple not updating anything?

I look forward to seeing the Watch Apple is working on today for next year as I'm sure they are, and probably even have a few concept thoughts about the one after that.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
To everyone who is confused, the early, mid, and late references are pretty typical for Macintosh computer generational numbering. My first Mac was an "Early 2008 MacBook Pro", and my last one is a "Mid 2012 MacBook Pro". The four month timeframes he mentioned seem to line up with those pretty well, at least off the top of my head for many of the Macs I can think of in the past few years.

Right now I'm still on the fence. If Sony doesn't release their A7000 update to the NEX-7 mirrorless camera this Spring then I might get the Apple Watch instead. Especially if the stainless steel larger model is reasonably priced.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
To everyone who is confused, the early, mid, and late references are pretty typical for Macintosh computer generational numbering. My first Mac was an "Early 2008 MacBook Pro", and my last one is a "Mid 2012 MacBook Pro". The four month timeframes he mentioned seem to line up with those pretty well, at least off the top of my head for many of the Macs I can think of in the past few years.

Yup

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I have to wonder if they announced it too early and gave the competition time to take what  has and "improve" on it. Will be interesting to see what Samsung announces along with the Galaxy S6.

what did Apple watch have that others need to "improve" on it?

Amazing battery life?.... no
waterproof feature?... no

the ability to send hearts to each other...Yeah, that must be it

joecool99

Suspended
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Can't live without it? empty marketing phrase.
Perhaps the rest of us shnucks "without it" should commit suicide as life is unbearable...

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
So if Early 2015 is April 2015, with the same logic April 2015 is 30th April 2015.

Exactly. Apple likes to say 'Early', 'Mid' and 'Late'

Giving you Jan-April, May-August, Sept-Dec

'In the Fall' is particularly misleading though, as it means Sept 21-Dec 21
Making 'In the Fall' almost exactly the same as 'Late', or even 'by the end of the year' or 'this year'

So in review,

Early = Jan 1 - April 30
Mid = May 1 - August 31
Late = Sept 1 - Dec 31

'In the Fall' = Sept 21 - Dec 21 (almost the same as 'Late')
'By the end of the year' = until Dec 31
'This year' = until Dec 31

All of these are usually uttered late in the year so almost all mean Late Oct early Nov so that they can be in time for Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.