Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benk3350

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
If I were there and had a chance to talk to Tim Cook, I'd ask him when they are planning to include 2 GB RAM on the iPhone and iPad so that I don't have to compose forums posts in the Notes app and then copy paste into the forum site. I'd tell him 1 GB RAM isn't sufficient for power users - if you can call copying and pasting stuff from multiple Safari tabs into one tab and hoping it won't refresh on you a power user scenario.

you must be real fun at parties

starstreak

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2004
Yeah. Still in line in Hawaii. So many things got messed up. From mall making people leave and come back at wrong time so they lost their place in line. To saying that they will give out voucher/paper at 5am. But never happened. It's 7:55am and store opens at 8am. 100's. In line. I can just hear the anger when they say low stock on 6+.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
That must be pretty cool to witness

I was there. He was super cool, thanked every one of the first 50 of us who walked in the door personally. No Apple Watch on.

When I first arrived at 6:55 am, they said all purchases in one line. The line wrapped two city blocks. Then someone came along asking if anyone had in-store pickups and sent us to the front door at 7:15 am. I was 6th in line. Nice.

Doors opened on time and I was out by 8:07 ... Apple hit the nail on the head with proper managing of this year's release for those who pre-ordered!

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 174

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
And where do you get off saying Apple should apologize for some sort of damages or sleight? Real world happening right now King Nunyabinez, product launches are rough.

Dude, what is your problem? Is Tim Cook your uncle? I think I will save my conversations for people who don't need to be unnecessarily rude.

"This conversation can serve no purpose any more. Goodbye."

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Tim Cook makes more in an hour than most of those blue shirts would in a year. That's gotta be good for morale! No wonder he's excited!

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
The guy standing to the right of Tim Cook - he's got a black device clipped to his belt (right hip). Does not look to be an:apple: device (huge antenna sticking out)... You stand right next to the CEO of Apple with a non -Apple device?? :|

Its a walkie talkie. Relax lol

gadgetguy03

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2012
Tim, if you were really interested in making new product launch days great for customers, in my opinion, you could skip your cameo appearance and direct your energy towards making policy that would make these events more convenient and respectful of customers.

For example, why does Apple have a policy that makes it so inconvenient for customers who already have an iPhone, and wish to trade in on a new iPhone, by preventing them from preordering a new iPhone for in store pick up and trading in the old iPhone in store on the same day? I guess this would not fit Apple's PR model of creating a "circus" (with Tim as the "ringmaster") on launch day...

Trading in an iPhone is an issue that should be solved by the carrier's stores and employees. Common sense will tell you that. If I was a first time iPhone user, I would go to the store. If I was a current iPhone user, I would want to talk to my carrier to see what deals I could get for trading in my phone. That cannot happen at an Apple store as they are not employed by my cell carrier.

ptb42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
AT&T, you just lost a sale...

I stopped by an AT&T store on the way back from an appointment. There was no line outside, and were more employees than customers in the store.

They were out of 64G space-gray iPhone 6's, but had silver and gold. For a space grey, I would have had to upgrade to 128M. I was considering it, but asked: If I buy the phone outright, will you unlock it?

He went to check and came back: no, you have to have it for 6 months before we will unlock it. Me: "even if I buy it outright?". He tries to explain: "They are locked when we get them from Apple." I point out that AT&T can send me the unlock code tomorrow, but he won't budge.

So, I walked out. I'll wait for a SIM-free model to be offered by Apple, or just buy a T-Mobile and toss the SIM.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
happy day forecast or what???!!!!!

A different look on the whole line up for a phone :D

I Love You All!!!

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I think this is awesome. The CEO of a $180 billion company meeting and greeting customers in a t-shirt on a public sidewalk. Whether or not you think the hype around each new Apple product is crazy, there is a genuine passion and enthusiasm here that just doesn't exist for basically any other company or product, and that passion exists both inside and outside the company.

Angela Ahrendts was at the Sydney launch (so first ones sold in the world).

Genuinely impressive move by Apple, I know she's the head of retail and should be there, but it's still a genuine wow moment when you actually see them there.

scottwaugh

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Chicago
I was there. He was super cool, thanked every one of the first 50 of us who walked in the door personally. No Apple Watch on.

When I first arrived at 6:55 am, they said all purchases in one line. The line wrapped two city blocks. Then someone came along asking if anyone had in-store pickups and sent us to the front door at 7:15 am. I was 6th in line. Nice.

Doors opened on time and I was out by 8:07 ... Apple hit the nail on the head with proper managing of this year's release for those who pre-ordered!

Awesome post, thanks for sharing.

Great to see the CEO doing this kind of stuff and obviously having a good time doing so.

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
A different look on the whole line up for a phone :D

[url=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/guzhengVi/lineups_zpsabee3645.jpg]Image[/URL]

I Love You All!!!

That is as dumb as showing a picture of someone crying at a funeral next to pictures of kids graduating high school and cheering.

I'm not going to stop buying stuff or waiting in lines because the world isn't perfect. If I can enjoy life in my little corner of the world I am going to do so.

What people should ponder is not why others have it so bad, but why we have so many blessings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.