Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crawler1975

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
I think this is awesome. The CEO of a $180 billion company meeting and greeting customers in a t-shirt on a public sidewalk. Whether or not you think the hype around each new Apple product is crazy, there is a genuine passion and enthusiasm here that just doesn't exist for basically any other company or product, and that passion exists both inside and outside the company.

Very well said indeed. That is really what separates apple (IMHO) from the others. I remember even SJ sometimes randomly pops up on an Apple Store to "mingle" with the crowds.

phalseHUD

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Digital Sprawl
Comfy as hell

<RandQuestion>The bosses trainers (sneakers to the Americans) look really comfortable. Anyone know the brand? </RandQuestion>

crawler1975

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
For example, why does Apple have a policy that makes it so inconvenient for customers who already have an iPhone, and wish to trade in on a new iPhone, by preventing them from preordering a new iPhone for in store pick up and trading in the old iPhone in store on the same day? I guess this would not fit Apple's PR model of creating a "circus" (with Tim as the "ringmaster") on launch day...

the reason is there will be more people being inconvenienced if they do that on launch day... there are only so many apple crews in stores to deal with hordes of iphone customers getting their first products.. imagine adding a trade-in option at launch day as well?

FactVsOpinion

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
It's great that Tim Cook showed up and I agree with all the positive remarks. Steve jobs did also show up at the stores for launches and even on regular days.

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Is there a standardized dress code on how people should dress as they age?

The only thing I don't like is the thick white soles on his shoes. I'm never making the mistake of buying thick white soled shoes again. It does look sorta bad.

But if we're criticizing dress codes, lets not get into how Steve Jobs dressed please.. I mean even in his keynotes. I think it's a tongue-in-cheek thing. "I have all this money and I could easily invest in some image/dress consultants, but I'm just gonna dress how I like and be my geeky self." That's how I've always seen it.

bawbac

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
The only thing I don't like is the thick white soles on his shoes. I'm never making the mistake of buying thick white soled shoes again. It does look sorta bad.

But if we're criticizing dress codes, lets not get into how Steve Jobs dressed please.. I mean even in his keynotes. I think it's a tongue-in-cheek thing. "I have all this money and I could easily invest in some image/dress consultants, but I'm just gonna dress how I like and be my geeky self." That's how I've always seen it.

I guess you won't be wearing any Vans or Chuck Taylor Converse anytime soon.:p

Steve just like to dress like his hero in SF... Jerry Garcia. :cool:

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
What a lovely CEO Tim is - genuine, kind and happy. You're a super man, Tim - God bless you :)

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
If I were there and had a chance to talk to Tim Cook, I'd ask him when they are planning to include 2 GB RAM on the iPhone and iPad so that I don't have to compose forums posts in the Notes app and then copy paste into the forum site. I'd tell him 1 GB RAM isn't sufficient for power users - if you can call copying and pasting stuff from multiple Safari tabs into one tab and hoping it won't refresh on you a power user scenario.

saints save us, no more!

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
Sad right?

That is as dumb as showing a picture of someone crying at a funeral next to pictures of kids graduating high school and cheering.

I'm not going to stop buying stuff or waiting in lines because the world isn't perfect. If I can enjoy life in my little corner of the world I am going to do so.

What people should ponder is not why others have it so bad, but why we have so many blessings.

That is as sad as saying, I'm lucky, and blessed, and privileged and beautifully sculpted and sucks to be them for being in that bad corner of the world, but I'm just going to enjoy.

The truth, the truth is that you're not in your own little corner. You're in a big fat world, those people depicted in the spread are in little corners of the world being neglected by all of us who are so "blessed" baby.

I love you all so much!

----------

For real?

Fo - realz yo fo realz. Actually happening right now in the world aligned with the iPhone releases - like a parallel universe but not. Cos it is fact :D

Is fact for realz?

I love you all so much!

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2004
Instead of clapping Tim Cook should check into the security measures at his Apple stores because an NBA ball player from the Phoenix Suns got arrested today for allegedly shoplifting over $14,000 worth of merchandise from an Apple store in Scottsdale, AZ. Wow......

Shackrat

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
At least we know one Apple store that had stock of the 6 Plusses! This launch was botched right from the keynote... I don't think it's anything for Tim to be proud of at the moment, there's a lot of unhappy people out there right now.

MNJohn

macrumors regular
May 16, 2014
Trading in an iPhone is an issue that should be solved by the carrier's stores and employees. Common sense will tell you that. If I was a first time iPhone user, I would go to the store. If I was a current iPihone user, I would want to talk to my carrier to see what deals I could get for trading in my phone. That cannot happen at an Apple store as they are not employed by my cell carrier.

Your comment makes absolutely no sense. Apple has a trade in program for all the carriers' iPhones, it is just an inconvenient program and should be fixed.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
If I were there and had a chance to talk to Tim Cook, I'd ask him when they are planning to include 2 GB RAM on the iPhone and iPad so that I don't have to compose forums posts in the Notes app and then copy paste into the forum site. I'd tell him 1 GB RAM isn't sufficient for power users - if you can call copying and pasting stuff from multiple Safari tabs into one tab and hoping it won't refresh on you a power user scenario.

He'd tell you "you are holding it wrong". He probably wouldn't, but that's what I would say if I were in his place.

Seriously, if you had a chance to talk to Tim Cook and maybe actually learn something from a man who is one of the most successful business men in the world, you would waste your time on some pointless moaning?

----------

Instead of clapping Tim Cook should check into the security measures at his Apple stores because an NBA ball player from the Phoenix Suns got arrested today for allegedly shoplifting over $14,000 worth of merchandise from an Apple store in Scottsdale, AZ. Wow......

Seems the security measures worked just fine then.

----------

Angela.. it's spelled "honour"...:p

/sarcasm

From Wikipedia: "Angela Ahrendts is an American businesswoman..." In her language, it's spelled "honor".

----------

Why does Tim always dress like a teenager?

He doesn't dress like any teenager I know.

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
What a lovely CEO Tim is - genuine, kind and happy. You're a super man, Tim - God bless you :)

It is part of the charade as no one in a right mind receives any pleasure from shaking an unwashed hand of someone who slept all night on the street among a number of other hygiene issues. I am surprised he did not wear gloves and a mask.

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
the CEO of the company I work for won't even talk to or look at most employees .....

I never wanted to tell you this, but I don't look at you guys because you all give me the creeps.

Lol, it's true though, CEOs tend to be arrogant as hell. I wonder what the point is where they stop talking to people. Senior management? VP? Chairman? CEO? :D

----------

It is part of the charade as no one in a right mind receives any pleasure from shaking an unwashed hand of someone who slept all night on the street among a number of other hygiene issues. I am surprised he did not wear gloves and a mask.

Not everyone's a germophobic, hypochondriacal tool. I imagine it's at least partially genuine. Apple doesn't really need the PR.

Although I suppose it does get sites like this one buzzing about how down-to-earth he is.

That said, all the comments about the jeans/t-shirt are silly. That's always been Apple's dress code, with the possible exception of the Scully days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.