Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smurray

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
Does the microsuede on the back of the case cause a noticable gap around the camera cutout between the back of the phone and the case?

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
Does the microsuede on the back of the case cause a noticable gap around the camera cutout between the back of the phone and the case?

It really adds no gap at all because the phone is pushed to it so tightly (when you slide it in, it fits quite snug). So to answer your question, there is no gap at all. Hope this helped.

ATaleOfFiction

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
How do you like the grip of the case? With the naked phone, always have the impression the phone is going to slide off my hand while I am on the phone, and I hate when the phone just slides off my pocket easily when I am sitting a certain way or laying in bed. Does the case provides enough friction to avoid those problems while not sticking too much in your pocket like those rubber cases?

PS: it's a bit of a repeat of a question i asked earlier, but would like the feedback of an actual user

I find it to have a bit more grip than just the bare glass and metal - realize that they are to hard, smooth surfaces - though I'm getting used to the extra thickness. But not a huge amount, which is why I had been wondering if side engraving would be offered. I've never felt the case stick in my pocket, though it's not a friction-generating material like silicone or a soft plastic.

smurray: The volume buttons are slightly stiffer, but give little trouble. However, I find the power button to be quite a bit stiffer, maybe requiring 2 times more pressure to activate than previously.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN

There is about a half mil gap there. We could have used thinner microsuede, but then we couldn't throw it around the office so much :)

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
smurray: The volume buttons are slightly stiffer, but give little trouble. However, I find the power button to be quite a bit stiffer, maybe requiring 2 times more pressure to activate than previously.

...and we just fixed that on our 5 case. :)

Yes, we are doing all the colors, brown too.

And we just finished all our design changes & started the line. We're making iPhone 5 cases. Yay!

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
...and we just fixed that on our 5 case. :)

Yes, we are doing all the colors, brown too.

And we just finished all our design changes & started the line. We're making iPhone 5 cases. Yay!

Sweeeett! When do you think we could place our orders?

smurray

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
Cases will be up on the site next week, & pre-orders will start shipping then! (the pre-order period will be ending then as well, so if you're on the fence, now is the time!):D

Just to clarify, once the cases are up on the site that's when those of us who pre-ordered can choose which we want and place the actual order?

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Just to clarify, once the cases are up on the site that's when those of us who pre-ordered can choose which we want and place the actual order?

Everyone can order, but pre-orders are going out first, in the order received.

Non-preorderers? You'll just have to wait. That line is starting to get pretty long :)

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Everyone can order, but pre-orders are going out first, in the order received.

Non-preorderers? You'll just have to wait. That line is starting to get pretty long :)

Can't wait! I have finally settled on a case. I am thinking black bunker!!

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
stop...can't take the excitement!!! Thanks for answering our questions!:)

jda1977

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2004
Slight confusion. I did the preorder and got the email. All the current cases say 4/4s. So there is now option to use the email code till a future date, right? So next week when orders open we can use the code and that will place us in those preordered cue?

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Slight confusion. I did the preorder and got the email. All the current cases say 4/4s. So there is now option to use the email code till a future date, right? So next week when orders open we can use the code and that will place us in those preordered cue?

I would assume you will be able to put your code in next week when you order.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN

Attachments

• ip5-new-case.jpg
    ip5-new-case.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 103
  • ip5-cold-case-notext.jpg
    ip5-cold-case-notext.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 122
  • ip5-twigblock.jpg
    ip5-twigblock.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 120

FatChick

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2011
thinking of getting the white ones, but worried that it might gets dirty easily. any thoughts?

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
thinking of getting the white ones, but worried that it might gets dirty easily. any thoughts?

Anything you get on there comes off with pretty much any non-abrasive - water, dish soap, surface cleaner, or worst case scenario, rubbing alcohol. Best case scenario, regular alcohol.

I'll try and remove Sharpie tomorrow. :)

bloodyredd

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
Hey I passed by this thread and I find those cases awesome. I would like to ask if those cases are bulky since I would like my phone to be thin as possible. And would a glass screen protector fit well with your cases?

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Hey I passed by this thread and I find those cases awesome. I would like to ask if those cases are bulky since I would like my phone to be thin as possible. And would a glass screen protector fit well with your cases?

Well, bulky is pretty subjective, but our bamboo 5 case adds approximately 5.3 mm to the width, and 3.9 (3.2 paper case) to the thickness of the iPhone 5.

If you were to use a screen protector, it would need to fit within our bezel, which is 120.8 mm tall & 55.5 mm wide. No back or side protectors can be used with our case; the tolerances are just too close.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Both cases are quality american manufacturing, as they are both high quality and made in the US.

That is one of the primary reasons I am considering them.

The Grove case says it's made in Portugal, so scratch the "quality American manufacturing" from that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.