Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
It's interesting. So many people claim that Twitter is useless and that they don't care about it, blah, blah, blah, yet they still manage to take the time to comment on it in threads, as if someone cares that they don't like it. Wouldn't they be better served just ignoring such topics?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Anyone find it a little annoying that every time you open the app, it goes to the last viewed tweet in the timeline, instead of scrolling to the top to view the newest tweets?

I think that's a great feature, actually.

I would hate to have to scroll down to find the last tweet I read.

It's interesting. So many people claim that Twitter is useless and that they don't care about it, blah, blah, blah, yet they still manage to take the time to comment on it in threads, as if someone cares that they don't like it. Wouldn't they be better served just ignoring such topics?

It's obvious you haven't been here long. We call them trolls. Big, furry, wart-ridden ones.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Finding some bugs that annoy me - mainly UI - and just a bit unimpressed with all the new features and things because, well, I didn't use them in the first place.

D0rk

macrumors member
May 23, 2009
Anyone find it a little annoying that every time you open the app, it goes to the last viewed tweet in the timeline, instead of scrolling to the top to view the newest tweets?

I've been digging for a way to stop this, but have been unsuccessful myself.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Aye, we all got promised access to the beta when we got the last MacHeist bundle....and I ain't heard nada!

Yeah, I'm getting a little ticked at the lack of mention about the Mac beta we were promised. Loren should do a better job of communicating to us.

As far the app goes, still works great for me. However, I find the logo to be atrocious.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
when I go to type in a new tweet its takes a second for the keyboard to appear, you get the "camera, photos etc" menu first. Its really annoying.

Hmm, I'm betting that's been added to 'train' new users where to find those things.

It would be nice if they make it so it does that a dozen times and then stops doing it.

clawanhex

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2008
Did anyone else prefer the old retweet function, with the sort of purple-arrow-in-the-corner thing? I don't like the new one - I can't "see" who retweeted something.

And to those who think Twitter needs to be taken out the back and quietly (or loudly) put down, please consider that Twitter is used for many news feeds - including this site. http://twitter.com/macrumorsrss

I, along with 26,157 people, find out about updates to this site, and others (Daring Fireball, Ars Technica, and quite a few more) through Twitter, which saves me having to visit every site I read for new posts.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I'm getting a little ticked at the lack of mention about the Mac beta we were promised. Loren should do a better job of communicating to us.

As far the app goes, still works great for me. However, I find the logo to be atrocious.

Loren is notorious for this. He NEVER communicates with his customers, and when he does, it's some cryptic, useless blurb. It's like he has little respect for those who helped pay his bills by buying Tweetie for iPhone and the Mac. I don't care how "busy" you are, your paying customers deserve something, anything to let them know what's in the works. Instead, he just falls off the face of the earth for months at a time and refuses to answer emails and tweets.

And yes, this new logo is awful.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
How about those who don't like Twitter or don't "get" it simply NOT post about how they think it's stupid or whatever.

TheSlush

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2007
New York, NY
Seriously, this is what passes for news around here? Twitter is the toilet of the internet, and not worthy of use yet alone discussion here.

If you're judging Twitter based on its usually-inane trending topics, don't. If you curate your feed, Twitter can be very useful, informative, and entertaining.

I do wish they'd add a dark theme back into this app.

That's one of the reasons I still prefer Twitterrific.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
To the People who call twitter Pointless it depends how you use it i mainly follow companys/iPhone devs game devs EA Media molecule etc. I usually always will get first updates when a new update for a app i use comes out, or heck giveaways, I won a copy of twitterific Premium even a PSN gift card it you just gotta learn on who is important to follow.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
i cant seem to find this in the app store on my iphone.

what am i missing here?

what is the exact name?

i type twitter for iphone..nothing.
i type twitter...nothing..

rmiller065

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
i cant seem to find this in the app store on my iphone.

what am i missing here?

what is the exact name?

i type twitter for iphone..nothing.
i type twitter...nothing..

type "twitter" hit search...........wala, just like the screen shot posted

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Oh!... ok... I'm calling my mother right now!

And I just spoke to Batman and he's incredibly freaked out excited!!

Batmannnnnnnnnnnn dununununuununu batmannnnnnnnnnn

POW! KERSPLASH! TWEET!

Batman: Look robin, it's the Twittler!
Robin: Holy microblog, Batman! He's got a bomb attached to the Facebook Tower!

Batman: Not to worry, Robin! All I have to do is use the BatTwitter-er and it should disarm his bomb! But.... oh no! The command for the disarming is greater than 140 characters!

Robin: Holy ****!

Batman: To the Batmobile!

Twittler: I'll tell you my plans batman... because you're going to die anyway! I plan to blow up the Facebook Tower! And the bomb's only weakness is a

Batman: A WHAT?

Twittler: Too bad for you Batman! I ran out of characters! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Robin: We're gonners Batman!

Batman: Robin **** while I make a plan! ... yes.... YES! Robin, that's it! Of course.... GET ME THE BATWHALE!

In minutes, Robin acquirers the BatWhale, allowing Batman to launch it with the BatWhaleLauncher at Twittler, thus disabling him for long enough to be arrested!!

Commissioner Gordon: Great work Batman!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.