Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marvin1379

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
New York
what's the "Notification Options" all about in the More menu at the bottom of someon'es profile. i tapped enable, it said saved, but it doesn't seem to do anything.........thoughts??

Vulkan

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Useless, TX
Oh wow. I didn't know it was free for everyone! Well I don't regret spending the money I did on it when I bought Tweetie.

I did. I bought it 1 month before the announcement from Tweeter. He should have released it for free. Instead, he tricked a bunch of people into buying it...

Just for that alone, it pissed me off. Something as big as Twitter buying Tweetie is not unknown. He should have told everyone so either they waited for the free app, or he should have released it for free right then and then.

It's not like he sold Tweetie for $2.99 to Twitter. I am sure he got well paid.

old-school

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
UK
Been using it for a while now. I like how clean the UI is, and most of the functionality is there.

Anyone know whether/when we'll get notifications for this app? It would make sense?

O/S

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Been using it for a while now. I like how clean the UI is, and most of the functionality is there.

Anyone know whether/when we'll get notifications for this app? It would make sense?

O/S

maybe its gonna be push updates once twitter works out there auth system which take place on june 1st im told

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
After using it for a day Twitter is great I'm keeping Simply tweet mainly though for push notifications other than that its great I'm really glad they didn't "dumb" down the UI to what they did with the droid and make it there a app thats basically there mobile site.

clubvulgar

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2008
My Read It Later integration isn't working. After I swipe a post the paperclip icon is greyed out. Anyone else having this problem?

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
For those on here that are saying Twitter is a waste and trash, that tells me what you do with Twitter. Just like the Internet, there are millions of things on it - it depends on what you use it for. For me, I am subscribed to MacRumors' RSS feed, CNN's RSS feed, and CNNtech's RSS feed. That's it. No 17 year old girls (is that what you subscribed to?), no freaks, no drama, no political pundit crap or radio hosts. On my iPhone, I receive the news when it happens, just headlines, and I can click on the links if I want to read the full story. It's great. No searching through the news or having to sit in front of a TV for hours; the Twitter feed sends me the news quick, concise, and the minute it happens. "Was that an earthquake, I just felt? Let me check Twitter. Yep, it looks like one minute ago we had a 5.5" Twitter is SUPERB when used constructively. Something else... when Apple has a WWDC Keynote, CNNtech (and MacRumors?) tweet live news from inside the event. I don't have to be sitting in front of a computer to read the live feeds - it's on Twitter on my cell phone.

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL
what's the "Notification Options" all about in the More menu at the bottom of someon'es profile. i tapped enable, it said saved, but it doesn't seem to do anything.........thoughts??

im also trying to work that out

That is used if you want to enable the SMS notifications for that specific user. You must set your phone with Twitter to enable that feature. Once set up, you'll be able to enable those SMS notifications.

If you were looking to enable Push Notifications, I suggest the Boxcar app. You'll be able to set up this app to get @replies and DM notifications.

tmofee

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2009
Mildura
notifications for twitter??

best app you can get is called boxcar. it can alert you when you get DMs, or replies within twitter, even facebook integration ... the trick is you get one free, then have to pay inside the app for extra services. personally though I think it's great. it works a treat and if they could mess around with the email service and make it better (i dislike having to forward my email to another account) it would be perfect for ALL notification stuff...

p3ncil

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Requires way too much finger work.

To tag a user, I have to first bring down the keyboard then hit Add user AND THEN find the name.

Design over function ):

Setok

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
Helsinki
Seems they have helpfully removed the option to retweet with RT syntax :mad:

And before anyone says "Just use Twitter retweet", that doesn't offer any option to comment on the thing I'm retweeting, which is often half of the fun.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
You won't be able to use Tweetie 2 past the end of June. Twitter is changing the required login process for apps at that time. All current apps will have to be updated. Since Tweetie won't ever be updated again, it will no longer work.

It's all good:) I just updated and swapped out the Twitter icon for the Tweetie 2 icon. I'll probably have to re-swap anytime it updates, but it's still better than the bird!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 60

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
For those on here that are saying Twitter is a waste and trash, that tells me what you do with Twitter. Just like the Internet, there are millions of things on it - it depends on what you use it for. For me, I am subscribed to MacRumors' RSS feed, CNN's RSS feed, and CNNtech's RSS feed. That's it. No 17 year old girls (is that what you subscribed to?), no freaks, no drama, no political pundit crap or radio hosts. On my iPhone, I receive the news when it happens, just headlines, and I can click on the links if I want to read the full story. It's great. No searching through the news or having to sit in front of a TV for hours; the Twitter feed sends me the news quick, concise, and the minute it happens. "Was that an earthquake, I just felt? Let me check Twitter. Yep, it looks like one minute ago we had a 5.5" Twitter is SUPERB when used constructively. Something else... when Apple has a WWDC Keynote, CNNtech (and MacRumors?) tweet live news from inside the event. I don't have to be sitting in front of a computer to read the live feeds - it's on Twitter on my cell phone.

well said

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Wow. Goodbye Twitterrific

Eh I don't know about that... After playing with the *new* official Twitter app I still keep going back to to Twitterrific... I don't know what it is I just like it more.

For one thing the interface in Twitterrific is MUCH nicer than this official app. They should have bought Twitterrific instead of Tweetie but oh well, to each their own.

Pukey

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2008
Gekkostate
Seriously, this is what passes for news around here? Twitter is the toilet of the internet, and not worthy of use yet alone discussion here.

Hahahaaaa! HILARIOUS! That comment is going to be my signature. Nice one koach!

Edit: Maybe it should be called S_itter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.