Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TripleMoxy

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
UK
I rang the Apple store in the morning, about 3 days in a row, and they eventually had one in. Just blind luck, I guess.

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Day 10 of the 5-10 business days for dispatch falls tomorrow. Delivery between 27th Nov and 4th December. Hoping for some change in status soon!

(128GB wifi & cellular rMini)

ct1211

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
Michigan
Screen image quality

White 64gb with cellular in Birmingham if anyone's interested.
I don't know if you folks outside the USA have the ability to check out the mini retinas in a store before buying yet, I would advise you wait. The mini retina image is very washed out, reminds me of the iPad 2. When they first hit my local best buy I stopped in for a look. I thought the sales person was lying when he said the white one was the new retina and the black one the original (they only had the two out) they both appeared to have the same grainy washed out image. We'll I bought a 32GB LTE two days ago and sure enough, it's is not worth my money. What the hell did Apple do to mess this up? :confused:

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
I don't know if you folks outside the USA have the ability to check out the mini retinas in a store before buying yet, I would advise you wait. The mini retina image is very washed out, reminds me of the iPad 2. When they first hit my local best buy I stopped in for a look. I thought the sales person was lying when he said the white one was the new retina and the black one the original (they only had the two out) they both appeared to have the same grainy washed out image. We'll I bought a 32GB LTE two days ago and sure enough, it's is not worth my money. What the hell did Apple do to mess this up? :confused:

I checked out an ipad mini with retina yesterday and I think the screen looks amazing.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Woo! My replacement 128gb LTE rMini is out for delivery! Fingers crossed its a good 'un, it feels like a loooooong time between seeing the rMini revealed in the keynote and today, hopefully, getting a non faulty one.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
Should be with me this afternoon. I really hope I don't have to return this one and wait another 3 weeks for a replacement. :(

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Should be with me this afternoon. I really hope I don't have to return this one and wait another 3 weeks for a replacement. :(

The annoying thing is that when you take a "yellow" one to the Apple Store and show them, it looks bloody perfect under their lighting and they can't see it. At least with dents, nicks, and dust under the screen they can see that.

You then get a replacement that looks great instore, get home and it's crap.

unipad

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2013
The annoying thing is that when you take a "yellow" one to the Apple Store and show them, it looks bloody perfect under their lighting and they can't see it. At least with dents, nicks, and dust under the screen they can see that.

You then get a replacement that looks great instore, get home and it's crap.

Hahaha, I went to Apple store yesterday for the SD card reader, then I compared my mini with their models. Both settings were brightest, mine looks even better than Air! Such a perfect screen, another happy customer.

Attachments

• Photo 27-11-2013 14 20 47.jpg
    Photo 27-11-2013 14 20 47.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Photo 27-11-2013 14 19 10.jpg
    Photo 27-11-2013 14 19 10.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 83

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
@unipad

Careful! Someone will study those and give you x y co-ordinates, pointing to one pixel amongst 3 million, that isn't *quite* as white :). And then, you will never be able to unsee it! Run! RUUUUN!

Ratty

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Hampshire, UK
Woo! My replacement 128gb LTE rMini is out for delivery! Fingers crossed its a good 'un, it feels like a loooooong time between seeing the rMini revealed in the keynote and today, hopefully, getting a non faulty one.

How long did your replacement order take?

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Rang them last Thursday, old one collected Monday, new one delivered today. Can't wait to get home!

Ratty

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Hampshire, UK

My first one, delivered yesterday, is on it's way back (failed remote diagnostics, Apple wanted this one back asap) and a replacement order was placed today by Apple. It's supposed to get priority so I wonder how long this will take!

:rolleyes:

----------

Rang them last Thursday, old one collected Monday, new one delivered today. Can't wait to get home!

Hope my replacement is as quick....

unipad

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2013
@unipad

Careful! Someone will study those and give you x y co-ordinates, pointing to one pixel amongst 3 million, that isn't *quite* as white :). And then, you will never be able to unsee it! Run! RUUUUN!

Lol, thanks for reminding, see you later! Hope your new one is fine. :)

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Next question!

On the rMini iPads roughly how long is the process between preparing for dispatch and it arriving in your eager hands? Mine is going through a big 18hour prep so far!
Thanks!

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
On the rMini iPads roughly how long is the process between preparing for dispatch and it arriving in your eager hands? Mine is going through a big 18hour prep so far!
Thanks!

I ordered two rMinis online from Currys last Saturday and picked them up on Tuesday morning. £30 off each. Both perfect.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
My iPad rMini has arrived. 32GB Grey Cellular.

Only got to play with it for a few minutes but it seems to be even white (on the apple set-up screen). I suspect there is a little backlight bleeding but it was a light room so hard to tell.

This is a sharp screen, if the serials are anything to go by. I'll do further tests later. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.