Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratty

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Hampshire, UK
Out of interest, has anyone had their online order change from "processing" over a weekend?

Yes, you tend to see status changes towards the end of each day. I've got a replacement order which is showing a received scan at HK airport since last night with a UPS scheduled delivery for day end Monday. The replacement order was only raised on Thursday!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Yes, you tend to see status changes towards the end of each day. I've got a replacement order which is showing a received scan at HK airport since last night with a UPS scheduled delivery for day end Monday. The replacement order was only raised on Thursday!

Thanks. I have a 128 cellular rmini from the apple store which has yellowing. Ordered one from the online store yesterday in the hope it will arrive quickly and be better.

The one I currently have was manufactured in October.

Ratty

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Hampshire, UK
Thanks. I have a 128 cellular rmini from the apple store which has yellowing. Ordered one from the online store yesterday in the hope it will arrive quickly and be better.

The one I currently have was manufactured in October.

Not sure when my first rMina was manuafatured. It had some yellowing but the reason for return was that it failed remotes diagnostics and Apple said it should be returned. Apple customer services raised my replacement order on Thursday which was prioritised and originally had a delivery date of the 5th December. It went into dispatched status last night and UPS now show the delivery as day end Monday. They had better hurry up as it's still showing in HK airport! Hopefully the status will change tonight.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Not sure when my first rMina was manuafatured. It had some yellowing but the reason for return was that it failed remotes diagnostics and Apple said it should be returned. Apple customer services raised my replacement order on Thursday which was prioritised and originally had a delivery date of the 5th December. It went into dispatched status last night and UPS now show the delivery as day end Monday. They had better hurry up as it's still showing in HK airport! Hopefully the status will change tonight.

Mines now "Preparing for Dispatch"

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Definitely looks like stock has picked up now. Regent street has 32 and 64 cellular available for reservation.

Having had mine for a week now, I can say its a fantastic piece of kit, I love it as much as my old mini already.

The possible slight yellowing near the bottom hasn't bothered me at all.

Only hope it doesn't hit the resell value next year or the year after.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
Ordered online on the Apple UK Store on 29th of November with the black Friday discount. 128 GB Silver Wifi & Cellular.

Received my shipping notice late on 30th November, now with Syncreon Parcel Delivery. Estimating delivery 3rd December. Woop Woop! :D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
My first mini was a DLXL which was fresh off Apple's launch batch. Horrible yellowing and dead pixel to boot. Returned it and ordered a replacement from Tesco which is a F4KL (Nov week 45) . It is much better. More uniform and no yellowing that I can discern. No dead pixels either.

Very happy with it.

Ratty

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Hampshire, UK
Ordered online on the Apple UK Store on 29th of November with the black Friday discount. 128 GB Silver Wifi & Cellular.

Received my shipping notice late on 30th November, now with Syncreon Parcel Delivery. Estimating delivery 3rd December. Woop Woop! :D

Shipped from local stock then.

:)

Last edited:

MLAM

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
United Kingdom
Cheers

Mine appears to be an F4KJT week 49 made in Shanghai. Fingers crossed.
A relative of mine picked up one from Tesco which was Week 45 from the same factory, she's not said anything about uneven tint and my brother has had a look at it and he says it looks ok.

Are you moving away from the Air due to too many screen issues or you always planned to buy a rMini?

How does your Air screen look these days? I think you said you left it on max brightness for 20 odd hours or so?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
A relative of mine picked up one from Tesco which was Week 45 from the same factory, she's not said anything about uneven tint and my brother has had a look at it and he says it looks ok.

Are you moving away from the Air due to too many screen issues or you always planned to buy a rMini?

How does your Air screen look these days? I think you said you left it on max brightness for 20 odd hours or so?

I used the Air when commuting and was a bit of a pain. So bought an rMini for that (used a mini before). Air is fine now, but going to trade it in for a 64 wifi only as it's pointless having a 128 cellular for home only.

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
I used the Air when commuting and was a bit of a pain. So bought an rMini for that (used a mini before). Air is fine now, but going to trade it in for a 64 wifi only as it's pointless having a 128 cellular for home only.

Why did you find the air to be a pain commuting with? Too big?

This is what im currently doiing, or trying for now.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Why did you find the air to be a pain commuting with? Too big?

This is what im currently doiing, or trying for now.

Spend a lot of time on trains, and just felt a bit clunky. I just decided after taking it on the train all week that I missed my mini for that.

----------

Cheers

Mine appears to be an F4KJT week 49 made in Shanghai. Fingers crossed.

And it's shipped. Expected delivery 3/12. That's a relief. My current naff one goes back by the 11/12

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
My first mini was a DLXL which was fresh off Apple's launch batch. Horrible yellowing and dead pixel to boot. Returned it and ordered a replacement from Tesco which is a F4KL (Nov week 45) . It is much better. More uniform and no yellowing that I can discern. No dead pixels either.

Very happy with it.

How do you know which units were from launch batch etc?

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
My final attempt ordered last Thursday from Apple online and due for delivery today is still the DLXL so I don't have high hopes I have to say. It's a week 48 one so. If this one is pants I give up and will stick with my £169 Kindle Fire HDX which is as good in many ways. And better in some.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.