Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marky Mark

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2006
I've had an email from Apple UK and my copy of FCP has shipped today and should be with me by friday!

Now just gotta wait for Aperture!

Batcave

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
Marky Mark said:
I've had an email from Apple UK and my copy of FCP has shipped today and should be with me by friday!

Now just gotta wait for Aperture!

Apple UK must be better than here in the US. I haven't received any emails, but my status has been upgraded to Ordered.

Marky Mark

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2006
Batcave said:
Apple UK must be better than here in the US. I haven't received any emails, but my status has been upgraded to Ordered.

Well it makes a change for us to be ahead! And even better, the discs arrived this morning! No packaging or anything, just the discs in a padded envelope.

Going to install them now.

Batcave

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
Marky Mark said:
Going to install them now.

I'm jealous! Mine still says "Ordered" on the status page. I wonder if they already shipped them and haven't updated the page yet...

Doubt it!

Congrats! And good luck with the install!!!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I just got this e-mail moments ago....

Take the Intel-based MacBook Pro, delivering up to four times more speed* and eight times more graphics bandwidth than the PowerBook G4. Add the new Universal version of Aperture, and you've got everything you need to produce incredible photography—anytime, anywhere.

What Universal Version?

xeroalien

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2005
Belgium
iGary said:
I just got this e-mail moments ago....

Take the Intel-based MacBook Pro, delivering up to four times more speed* and eight times more graphics bandwidth than the PowerBook G4. Add the new Universal version of Aperture, and you've got everything you need to produce incredible photography—anytime, anywhere.

What Universal Version?
Hopefully that means Aperture and 10.4.6 are coming today. You got that email from Apple?

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Apple UK have sent mine (FCS) and the courier is expecting to deliver it tomorrow (Friday).

Very excited.

ElGreco

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2001
swannman said:
The Aperture 1.1 Update page now says that it's "scheduled for release in April":

http://www.apple.com/aperture/update.html

This is very bad news. And Apple has quietly changed that deadline, without even giving the slightest explanation.

Probably, the reason is Mac OS 10.4.6. It should have been released for about a week, now. But, evidently, it has been set back because of some glitches the beta testers must have found last minute. 10.4.6 is so important for Aperture to be updated as all RAW support is on the OS site and not implemented directly into Aperture. So the equation goes: No Mac OS 10.4.6 = No Aperture 1.1. Simple as that.

Regards,
ElGreco

sjl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
ElGreco said:
Probably, the reason is Mac OS 10.4.6. It should have been released for about a week, now. But, evidently, it has been set back because of some glitches the beta testers must have found last minute. 10.4.6 is so important for Aperture to be updated as all RAW support is on the OS site and not implemented directly into Aperture. So the equation goes: No Mac OS 10.4.6 = No Aperture 1.1. Simple as that.
Makes sense. Apple Insider has a scoop; they're saying the update is delayed by a couple of weeks.

Shame, but I can live with that. I want it, to go with my nice DSLR, but not if the raw conversions aren't up to snuff. I can wait.

poolin1243

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2005
Kansas City,MO/Milwaukee, WI
wow

this actually, for once...really angers me.

As a professional...when a date is given...we are expected to hold to that date.

Apple should have had it ready by tomorrow. Period. Thats another month of downtime on my brand new machine.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
poolin1243 said:
wow

this actually, for once...really angers me.

As a professional...when a date is given...we are expected to hold to that date.

Apple should have had it ready by tomorrow. Period. Thats another month of downtime on my brand new machine.
Duff-Man says...yes, it is frustrating but coding software is not always an exact science...Apple is certainly not the only company that has delayed software (Vista?) - no, that is not an excuse and does not make it right, but in the software business when dates are given I would *never* take them to be absolute - never....oh yeah!

JonD25

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Does anyone know what the system requirements will be for the Universal version of Aperture? I've got the 17" iMac, and I would hate it if this doesn't even run well on it. I know a friend who bought it, assuming that of course it would run on his PowerMac G5, but it actually didn't meet the standards and wouldn't install, and Apple would let him return it. He had to resort to hacking it so it would install or eat the cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.