Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Now here is how they should look

Sorry to hear of your problems. I should be receiving that brown Mamut Vaja case (the brown one pictured in your post) this coming week. It has been shipped and is en route. I also received my Piel Frama black leather agenda style case and FRIKKIN love it! So if the Vaja does does not geve me the warm fuzzies I will either give it to a family member or sell it on eBay. Who knows, maybe I will love it.

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
I was considering their agenda case (pending first reviews), but due to this thread I'm definitely going to pass. Just putting it out there in case anyone forwards a link of this thread to Vaja.

tikidoc

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
I was considering their agenda case (pending first reviews), but due to this thread I'm definitely going to pass. Just putting it out there in case anyone forwards a link of this thread to Vaja.

Yea, I was considering an ivolution top, but after all I am hearing about their customer service, I passed as well. Looks like it is a beautiful case but if there is a problem, you are pretty much SOL. For that much $$, I expect them to resolve any problems.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin

Hi you should try the one made by Piel Frama. It is a beauty!

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I agree with your decision to pass. I've bought 3 cases from them in the past.

But I'm also not buying from them again. The problem is most of the time people are happy, but in my case 1 out of 3 cases missed expectations and in that case I was on my own and had to suck up the fact that I was $130 out of pocket.

It just doesn't pass the common sense test to do business with a company that doesn't take responsibility for QA failures, offers no warranty and doesn't take returns. You basically place an order and pray that they make it right because there is no going back.

kloan

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2005
Glad to see this thread.. I've always been drawn to their cases, and have considered ordering from them thinking they'd be of high quality, but customer service can go a long way, and apparently they're quite lacking in that department. Not a company I want to deal with. The recent QC control issues is another reason I'll shop elsewhere.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Well in the spirit of updates my CC finally shows a real charge of $190, no longer pending.

Guess the waiting beings for real now. Order placed on May 24th...

I am so impatient.

drknowusa

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
I agree with your decision to pass. I've bought 3 cases from them in the past.

But I'm also not buying from them again. The problem is most of the time people are happy, but in my case 1 out of 3 cases missed expectations and in that case I was on my own and had to suck up the fact that I was $130 out of pocket.

It just doesn't pass the common sense test to do business with a company that doesn't take responsibility for QA failures, offers no warranty and doesn't take returns. You basically place an order and pray that they make it right because there is no going back.

I agree. I have a problem with the ivolution top for the ipad; the leather split on one of the corners, and they have refused to honor their warranty saying it cannot be a fault in their material or workmanship, even though examination clearly shows the split to be jagged, following the lines of the embossing in the leather. Other cases I have had from them have been fine, but I think they are now overextended by demand and may be slipping. Beware

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.