Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
The top of the phone doesn't have a slot cut into it. You're going to lose service. There was already someone on here that ordered a knockoff element case and it killed his reception. Although that one does have a polycarbonate area, but the top does need a slot cut into it to avoid any signal loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu43d8yvkSc

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
The top of the phone doesn't have a slot cut into it. You're going to lose service. There was already someone on here that ordered a knockoff element case and it killed his reception. Although that one does have a polycarbonate area, but the top does need a slot cut into it to avoid any signal loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu43d8yvkSc

Wrong assumption !
The vapor PRO version never did have a problem with iPhone 4/4s unlike the regular vapor 4!
If iPhone 5 is anything similar with iPhone 4 , this case would be just fine ,.,!
Thx for the minthien for the 411 ...

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Wrong assumption !
The vapor PRO version never did have a problem with iPhone 4/4s unlike the regular vapor 4!
If iPhone 5 is anything similar with iPhone 4 , this case would be just fine ,.,!

I been checking on this site almost everyday for its release :D because i knew it will happen! I really wanted the white version but silver will do for now! I am hoping this would be fine as well!

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Wrong assumption !

The iPhone 5 antennae is completely different. Which is why all the authentic cases had to have cutouts put in on the top of the iPhone 5 cases.

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
Well....crossing my fingers.
I hope I won't have to drill some holes or opennings at the top ;-)...
I really don't like the element sector 5 case. The design doesn't flow ..

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
I agree, I am going to see what people think and then see if I should buy one. These cases seem great, I had one for my iPhone 4S and I loved it!

amymany

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
i like Vapor pro iphone cases, they are cool and protective!

Attachments

• api4-1121-vvm1-2t.jpg
    api4-1121-vvm1-2t.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 293

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Got my tracking number already! Took them about a weeks couple last time for my tracking number.
They just added more colors!

Last edited:

shleif

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Am I seeing that casewill image correctly? Are they even printing the Element Case logo on that knock off?? If so, that is a real shame.

My son was wanting to order a bunch of counterfeit/knock off hats from a Chinese company the other day. I had to explain to him that the over seas company was ripping off companies from out country. He didn't understand that and only saw the value of getting something that looked the same for less than half the cost.

While I understand his way of thinking I don't agree with it and refused to contribute to what I consider piracy. That said, I run a business that manufactures high end computers for film and post production. We have some things that make our systems unique. If somebody was to make a knock of our chassis, it could really hurt as that is one of the things that gives us a competitive edge. Now if somebody made a knock off of it and included our branding on it... I would go postal!

Back to topic, that case looks pretty nice for the price. Based on what I have read about the iPhone 5 antenna, I would suspect that case might inhibit cel signal at least a little bit.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Am I seeing that casewill image correctly? Are they even printing the Element Case logo on that knock off?? If so, that is a real shame.

My son was wanting to order a bunch of counterfeit/knock off hats from a Chinese company the other day. I had to explain to him that the over seas company was ripping off companies from out country. He didn't understand that and only saw the value of getting something that looked the same for less than half the cost.

While I understand his way of thinking I don't agree with it and refused to contribute to what I consider piracy. That said, I run a business that manufactures high end computers for film and post production. We have some things that make our systems unique. If somebody was to make a knock of our chassis, it could really hurt as that is one of the things that gives us a competitive edge. Now if somebody made a knock off of it and included our branding on it... I would go postal!

Back to topic, that case looks pretty nice for the price. Based on what I have read about the iPhone 5 antenna, I would suspect that case might inhibit cel signal at least a little bit.

I love having many cases and there are no way i can afford $180/each! I change them all the time! I still haven't got the iPhone 5 yet but i already have 3 case for it :) If the real element case were around $50 then i would buy them but not at 180!

SmittS

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Damn! Just ordered a Vapor 4 (5) from Aliexpress! I wanted a Vapor Pro! Keep us updated on reception!

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
i would very much like to kno if this kills reception!!! :)

I did for me with my iPhone 4s. The day I received it, I put it on an stepped outside, as I watched my signal bars drop like a ton of bricks and my BT headset started skipping. I tried combo composite/aluminum cases as well and I have found them to affect signal as well. As a added note, I live in a strong signal area.

I returned it the same day.

Last edited:

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
I did for me with my iPhone 4s. The day I received it, I put it on an stepped outside, as I watched my signal bars drop like a ton of bricks and my BT headset started skipping. I tried combo composite/aluminum cases as well and I have found them to affect signal as well. As a added note, I live in a strong signal area.

I returned it the same day.

I can confirm it did not drop any signal with my 4S(Fake Vapor Pro from caseswill!) Its the reason why i purchased 2 more case for my 4s!

danny0220

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
I can confirm it did not drop any signal with my 4S(Fake Vapor Pro from caseswill!) Its the reason why i purchased 2 more case for my 4s!

i'm 100% going to buy the case if the reception is unaffected. please keep me posted, Minh. Also, once you find out, can you please state how long it took for the delivery from china to arrive? Thank you.

SlvrSrfr

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I'm anxious to hear the reviews too, as I was very happy with the Vapor Pro on my iPhone 4. I'm looking at this and the Draco.

lrfox

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Looks good. I ordered this knockoff on Ebay and it comes in tomorrow. I'll post pics as well. I wonder if it's the same as the Caseswill version. For $14.99 inc. shipping, I couldn't resist trying it.

danny0220

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Looks good. I ordered this knockoff on Ebay and it comes in tomorrow. I'll post pics as well. I wonder if it's the same as the Caseswill version. For $14.99 inc. shipping, I couldn't resist trying it.

not to burst your bubble, irfox, but the one you got is most likely going to kill reception on your phone. the difference with the cover we're waiting on feedback from, is that it has a plastic (polycarbonate) piece, which, on the 4s, was to eliminate signal loss by not bridging the antennae.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.