Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreshyne2g

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Nobody is perfect. We all have made mistakes in life. You don't have to love the man but show a little compassion. It doesn't hurt :)

gimletmaker

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
Nobody is perfect. We all have made mistakes in life. You don't have to love the man but show a little compassion. It doesn't hurt :)

Right. :rolleyes: Tell that to the innocent dogs that he brutalized, abused, and killed for pleasure. No compassion here for an evil person like Vick. He didn't just "make a mistake," he only stopped because he got caught.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Glad to hear that Verizon actually listens to their customers.

I am not sure why so many are applauding Verizon...the customers didn't use the data....why wouldn't Verizon do this? Seems more like a company doing what it is supposed to do (not charge for something not used) and not "listening to customers" as some suggest.

The fact that Verizon has done decision after decision after decision (mostly along with AT&T) in customer killing decisions (kill unlimited, put out laughable share plans, idiotic ETF amounts, etc....) shows that Verizon couldn't really care less about listening to customers.

If Verizon actually raised cap numbers, reduced price plans, etc....then Verizon would actually be listening to customers.

I know, I know...if Verizon did this...they may have....only 2-3 BILLION in profits than 4-5 BILLION! Oh no! Customers with no viable alternatives actually being happy w/ 2-3 BILLION or Customers ranting w/ 4-5 BILLION? Let me think for a second.......

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
1.) It's actually only an iPhone related issue, other smartphones can use simultaneous voice and data. Personally, I think AT&T really buddied up with Apple to screw CDMA carriers from this functionality.

2.) That's definitely true. I guess whereas Verizon has LTE almost everywhere at least I live, it's a moot point. I don't need 3G anymore.

3.) Lol, sorry, but no. They are slow, uninformed, rude/don't, speak English and often just credit your account to tell to compensate you for your time.

1) Other larger phones include a third antenna because it is mandated by the use of a second chip to support LTE which in turn means a larger battery and as a side effect you get a bigger screen you can't grip. So iPhone only included two antennas and single chip to do CDMA and LTE. Hence the reason it currently can't do simultaneous voice and data on CDMA networks because it falls back to CDMA when on a call. The reason it falls back is because Verizon and AT&T have both failed to implement "Voice over LTE" on their initial LTE roll out. Verizon has said that "Voice over LTE" is coming next year, which would mean that theoretically a software update could allow simultaneous voice and data on iPhone 5 over LTE.

2) If you have good LTE coverage that is great. I have found that even if the city is supposedly blanketed in LTE coverage that I keep hitting dead spots with my Verizon iPad 3 (more than I thought I would). Surprisingly, a friend's AT&T iPad 3 rarely hits dead spots. I'm not sure why because certainly AT&T has LTE in less cities, but why would the coverage within a city be better on AT&T?

3) We will have to agree to disagree. Verizon reps have been total jerks on the phone to me and with only one exception in the past three years, AT&T customer service reps have been remarkably well-informed and friendly. Before 2009 this was not the case. AT&T has really stepped up their customer service. When I first got a dose of their new level of customer service, I was literally in shock and assumed it was a fluke. But repeated calls since then have continued to be outstanding (with one notable exception).

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
1) Other larger phones include a third antenna because it is mandated by the use of a second chip to support LTE which in turn means a larger battery and as a side effect you get a bigger screen you can't grip. So iPhone only included two antennas and single chip to do CDMA and LTE. Hence the reason it currently can't do simultaneous voice and data on CDMA networks because it falls back to CDMA when on a call. The reason it falls back is because Verizon and AT&T have both failed to implement "Voice over LTE" on their initial LTE roll out. Verizon has said that "Voice over LTE" is coming next year, which would mean that theoretically a software update could allow simultaneous voice and data on iPhone 5 over LTE.

The chips are available though ... Apple excluded them.

2) If you have good LTE coverage that is great. I have found that even if the city is supposedly blanketed in LTE coverage that I keep hitting dead spots with my Verizon iPad 3 (more than I thought I would). Surprisingly, a friend's AT&T iPad 3 rarely hits dead spots. I'm not sure why because certainly AT&T has LTE in less cities, but why would the coverage within a city be better on AT&T?

Yes, to each their own. Verizon has far more coverage, hands down.

3) We will have to agree to disagree. Verizon reps have been total jerks on the phone to me and with only one exception in the past three years, AT&T customer service reps have been remarkably well-informed and friendly. Before 2009 this was not the case. AT&T has really stepped up their customer service. When I first got a dose of their new level of customer service, I was literally in shock and assumed it was a fluke. But repeated calls since then have continued to be outstanding (with one notable exception).

I have found AT&T reps are slow, not professional, and usually just throw credits at my family's accounts until not the problem goes away, but the person does :rolleyes:

But again, service industries are reliant highly on the people you deal with, so we've obviously had very polar experiences. I would tend to side with Ratings though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.