Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
I don't see an option to transfer to another line on Best Buy. Anyway have a way to do it?

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
Heads up for everyone with unlimited data out of contract, I called to cancel, they offered me the same price for a year and another 100 voice minutes, I'm still canceling, but it may help someone else to get the price frozen for a year and more voice minutes.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Does this not leave a "switch order" on your account?
Yes. It will leave the switch order on ur account so hard to make data plan changes and minutes changes etc.

Just lay low for a bit. Call Verizon up later and play dumb how you got a new phone from a friend and want to use it and ask them Kindly to remove the switch order error message but remind them u have unlimited data.

Supposedly it requires tech 2 level to do this.

SamTheMan65

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2011
Just checked my account and it says it's good until 10/10/17. I ordered an iPhone 6s from Best Buy earlier today and hopefully when I swap out the sim card when it arrives my UD will be locked.:)

Reactions: Jigga

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
for someone not speaking english as primary language, could you be so kind to explain what a "grandfathered plan" is ?
Thanks

AYNOM

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
for someone not speaking english as primary language, could you be so kind to explain what a "grandfathered plan" is ?
Thanks

A grandfathered plan is any plan in which a user possesses a service from a cellular service company that is no longer offered by the company, but is honored by the company as a result of possessing said service prior to the company no longer offering the service.

If that was confusing:

It's a plan that they no longer sell, but people have.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
A grandfathered plan is any plan in which a user possesses a service from a cellular service company that is no longer offered by the company, but is honored by the company as a result of possessing said service prior to the company no longer offering the service.

If that was confusing:

Yes but clearly this "grandfathered" plan is getting jacked up by $20 a month.
The grandfathered terms and price are no longer honored by the carrier.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

If that was confusing:

absolutely clear, thank you

Reactions: bronzi

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
i am passed the 14 day mark to return my iPhone 6S to apple.

what are my other options? just sell it?

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I really hope AT&T doesn't do this with my UDP too. But knowing how all carriers follow each other. I know it's only a matter of time. :(

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
i am passed the 14 day mark to return my iPhone 6S to apple.

what are my other options? just sell it?
What do u mean?

Don't you have a subsidized upgrade if you have unlimited data with Verizon? Did u buy full price?

If u Brought full price because u wanted to keep unlimited data but too lazy to use a loophole to upgrade. Just do what I did. Buy another iPhone subsidized using Best Buy loophole to extend your contracted.

I got $299 iPhone 6S 64gb for $299 plus taxes. Can easily flip it. If I am lazy I will just sell it for $650 on Craigslist brand new. Easy $300 plus profit since it retails for $750 plus taxes ($800 roughly). Some one will buy same day I post it.

So I got to lock into another 2 year contract at $29.99 data plan. Plus can flip an iPhone (I am deciding whether to keep it as a spare since my wife is very reckless with phones and she's dropped her iPhone 6S rose color a few times already and her case is already got junk on it.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
What do u mean?

Don't you have a subsidized upgrade if you have unlimited data with Verizon? Did u buy full price?

If u Brought full price because u wanted to keep unlimited data but too lazy to use a loophole to upgrade. Just do what I did. Buy another iPhone subsidized using Best Buy loophole to extend your contracted.

I got $299 iPhone 6S 64gb for $299 plus taxes. Can easily flip it. If I am lazy I will just sell it for $650 on Craigslist brand new. Easy $300 plus profit since it retails for $750 plus taxes ($800 roughly). Some one will buy same day I post it.

So I got to lock into another 2 year contract at $29.99 data plan. Plus can flip an iPhone (I am deciding whether to keep it as a spare since my wife is very reckless with phones and she's dropped her iPhone 6S rose color a few times already and her case is already got junk on it.

I paid full price for my 6S to keep unlimited data even though I have a subsidized upgrade available.

So I do the best buy method and just sell the phone that arrives?

Reactions: Applejuiced

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I paid full price for my 6S to keep unlimited data even though I have a subsidized upgrade available.

So I do the best buy method and just sell the phone that arrives?
Yes. U have nothing to lose at this point. Even if you mess up the Best Buy method (please follow instructions closely. Choose ship to ur home. Do not activate it in store). The key is to extend your contract.

But since Verizon lte phones are all unlocked and Verizon iPhone works on T-Mobile and att it will be easy to sell as unlock phone.

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
There is no shipping option on Best Buy and no transfer option as well. Where are you people seeing this online?

karuk

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
I ordered 2 phones from best buy yesterday. I called first and confirmed that they are NOT allowing the 6s plus to be shipped at the present time. The 6s will ship.

I ordered a 6s for my first udp line. In 5 hours my account on Verizon wireless had the contract extended until 2017.

I ordered the 6s plus for my second udp line with in store pickup on the 21st. I'm hoping it is available before the 15th for pickup. I'll try to leave the store without activating by saying its a gift for the other person on the account. If the phone is not ready for pickup by the 14th I'll cancel and order a regular 6s just to extend the contract.

The best buy loophole only works with a phone that will ship. The 6s plus is not eligible to ship at the present time.

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I enter the second line that does not have an upgrade available. It automatically checks off monthly payments that add up to the full price of the phone instead of giving the option to transfer from the UDP line. It also does not offer the shipping option and gives a store pickup only option. I've tried both on the regular 6s and the 6s plus with no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.