Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010

203129-verizioniphone_500.jpg

Both Apple and Verizon's online store show that they have run out of the initial stock of iPhone 4s for existing Verizon customers. The Verizon iPhone went on pre-order a little over 17 hours ago. We don't know what the initial stocks were, so it's hard to determine if it was a reflection of very high demand or poor initial supply.

Verizon does reveal that February 9th at 3am will be the time that non-Verizon customers can finally order the Verizon iPhone. Meanwhile, the iPhone will be available in retail stores starting on February 10th to all comers.

Article Link: Verizon Sells Out of iPhone Pre-Orders

Last edited by a moderator:

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
*curse words*

Verizon screwed me over. Said I have a past due bill but I don't. I called in and got it fixed but it will not show on the site until tomorrow morning. Knew they would not last that long. :(

Ugh I don't want to pick one up in store, it is an hour drive. Guess it might be my best option now.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Interesting how the At&t kids were saying that the V iphone will not sell out and how VZW website will crash within the first few minutes going live with teh launch... Its also Interesting to know that these same people that doubted VZW to announce the iphone on 1-11-2011...

At&t fanbois = Wrong...

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
*curse words*

Verizon screwed me over. Said I have a past due bill but I don't. I called in and got it fixed but it will not show on the site until tomorrow morning. Knew they would not last that long. :(

Ugh I don't want to pick one up in store, it is an hour drive. Guess it might be my best option now.

Do you have a Best Buy that is closer?

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Interesting how the At&t kids were saying that the V iphone will not sell out and how VZW website will crash within the first few minutes going live with teh launch... Its also Interesting to know that these same people that doubted VZW to announce the iphone on 1-11-2011...

At&t fanbois = Wrong...

Since the pre order was supposed to just be pre-existing customers of Verizon, doesn't people saying Verizon wouldn't sell out on the pre-order more be saying that people are not wanting the iPhone/don't want to change from Android/W7/Blackberry.

Or basically them selling out is more indicative of how many people wanted an iPhone on Verizon but couldn't get one (basically how many people settled for an Android/W7/Blackberry) and not really how many people wanted to switch from AT&T.

Basically, this is not a win/lose for AT&T or Verizon fanbois. This is a win for iPhone fanbois :). Wait til Verizon opens up sales to new customers for the AT&T vs Verizon battle ;) .

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
They wouldn't let me order at full retail anyways. I tried like 3 times over the phone and 100 times over the internet and it was to no avail, said I cant order full retail until the 9th as its only available in stores. Also not paying verizon an extra $50 bucks for nothing.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I have grown to believe that Apple intentionally keeps supplies short just to increase the hype which increases the demand. It is a good strategy if you know the demand is there and will last. It keeps it going longer and increases sells over the long term. People get happy just can get one or will jump on it weather or not they really want one.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008

At&t fanbois = Wrong...

Yeah, it only took 4 years for it to come to Verizon. :rolleyes:

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Yeah, it only took 4 years for it to come to Verizon. :rolleyes:

And what is your point? Verizon doesn't make these phones... Apple does..

Also we may be late to the party but rest assured that VZW iphone customers will be happier.... Why you ask?? Because we can actually use the device!

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

At&t fanbois = Wrong...

Congrats on waiting 4 years for the iphone

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
And what is your point? Verizon doesn't make these phones... Apple does..

Also we may be late to the party but rest assured that VZW iphone customers will be happier.... Why you ask?? Because we can actually use the device!

Because you know I can't use my device on At&t correct? I'm pretty sure you don't know everyones experience with the iphone on At&t.

foodle

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
Can't we all just get along?

Are we now going to have AT&T iPhone users vs. Verizon iPhone users?

Aren't there enough rabid Android fanboys to have us bond over our shared smoother UI/UX/Apps/etc.?

Lamarak

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I have grown to believe that Apple intentionally keeps supplies short just to increase the hype which increases the demand. It is a good strategy if you know the demand is there and will last. It keeps it going longer and increases sells over the long term. People get happy just can get one or will jump on it weather or not they really want one.

I dont agree. I just think right now there is a juggling act of guessing who will buy a phone now or wait till the refresh in 5 months so as not to have alot of back stock.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
Not shocking. Just surprised it took that long. Must not be that much demand

agarcia34

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
*curse words*

Had that happened to me too,It was due to a credit they gave me on my account you can also order the phone on the 9th and it will be there on the 10th.Or like some one else said go to best buy.Which will be a better option then going to Verizon.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I dont agree. I just think right now there is a juggling act of guessing who will buy a phone now or wait till the refresh in 5 months so as not to have alot of back stock.

I think Apple knows exactly how many sales to expect (within a certain small margin of error). Apple, a 300 billion dollar company, doesn't guess.

I think they're making them as fast as they can. I'm sure the GSM production capacity is far greater than the CDMA production capacity.

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010
Wow.. I have to admit I was skeptical that they would run out...

Now I feel a little more vindicated getting up at 3am....:):):):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.