Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
And what is your point? Verizon doesn't make these phones... Apple does..

Also we may be late to the party but rest assured that VZW iphone customers will be happier.... Why you ask?? Because we can actually use the device!

I'm actually quite happy with ATT and my iPhone 4. I log over 6000 minutes a month on the device with out any issue, living in good old rural Ameria, no big city for hundreds of miles.

iFitz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Pre-Orders Sold Out!

Verizon iPhone pre-orders on both verizon.com and apple.com are sold out. Not quite as fast as the AT&T pre-order for the iPhone 4, but fast none the less.

asdf542

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Can't wait till the iPhone 5 pre-orders start. Talk about what a nightmare that's gonna be.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
Not shocking. Just surprised it took that long. Must not be that much demand

thats what I was thinking,

prolly a lot of people in the middle of contracts! and they need to pay at full price, also a lot of people waiting for iphone 5

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
I'm surprised it took so long to sell out. Didn't the iPhone 4 sellout faster when it premiered on AT&T in June? Considering this quantity is "a reserved quantity", it is a small part of overall stock, there must be tons available.

Even if Verizon didn't actually sell through what they wanted for pre-orders, I'm sure they would have pulled it from the site tonight so it doesn't look like it is not selling like crazy.

If people know the phone is easy to get, then they are less likely to make the impulse purchase (due to the risk of not having the chance to buy for awhile).

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Yeah, it only took 4 years for it to come to Verizon. :rolleyes:

How is this comment relevant to the discussion?

On a more topic-related note: Way to go Apple and Verizon! You pulled off a very smooth pre-order. Can't wait for the arrival of my iPhone!

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
I am going to be so anxious to find out how many they sold in 17 hours, and how many they sell this time next week. I bet by Fri or Sat there will be a several week waiting time.

Shark131

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2009
What is with the AT&T fanboys hating against verizon for having the iphone. They should be liking the fact it is going to be on verizon. Now, more people will have the iphone. Bye Bye Droid

JD914

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Dutchess County NY
What is with the AT&T fanboys hating against verizon for having the iphone. They should be liking the fact it is going to be on verizon. Now, more people will have the iphone. Bye Bye Droid

It's sickening to know that on top of iPhone fanboyisim there is also AT&T fanboyisim, when does the BS end? :rolleyes:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
How is this comment relevant to the discussion?

On a more topic-related note: Way to go Apple and Verizon! You pulled off a very smooth pre-order. Can't wait for the arrival of my iPhone!
Smooth? At one point you couldn't access the site at all. It was probably smoother than at&t's launch but that doesn't mean much until we find out how many were pre-ordered (if we ever do).

It's sickening to know that on top of iPhone fanboyisim there is also AT&T fanboyisim, when does the BS end? :rolleyes:
No kidding. All carriers suck, just each in their own way.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I'm surprised it took so long to sell out. Didn't the iPhone 4 sellout faster when it premiered on AT&T in June? Considering this quantity is "a reserved quantity", it is a small part of overall stock, there must be tons available.

Even if Verizon didn't actually sell through what they wanted for pre-orders, I'm sure they would have pulled it from the site tonight so it doesn't look like it is not selling like crazy.

If people know the phone is easy to get, then they are less likely to make the impulse purchase (due to the risk of not having the chance to buy for awhile).

Apple and AT&T never sold out, they did however temporarliy suspend all sales so that AT&T could fix their server issues, but never sold out. Though Apple claimed it was the best first day pre-orders that they had ever had (600,000 iPhones were pre-ordered in the first day). Not all 600,000 pre-orders were for the AT&T, but a large portion was.
https://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/16/atandt-temporarily-suspends-new-iphone-pre-orders/
https://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/1...t-ever-first-day-iphone-pre-orders-of-600000/

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver

It must be because they're afraid they'll be losing some of their elitist status when more people own the phone. Therefore, anything they can do to downplay the launch is going to help them feel better about themselves. :rolleyes:

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Smooth? At one point you couldn't access the site at all. It was probably smoother than at&t's launch but that doesn't mean much until we find out how many were pre-ordered (if we ever do).

No kidding. All carriers suck, just each in their own way.

Probably?? No it was definitely more smoother than At&t pre-order launch..

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver

When was that? I checked multiple times throughout the day and it was just fine. If there were moments of downtime, I can't imagine it was for more than a minute or two. Nothing at all like the summer launch. The only problems I heard about on these forums were due to unpaid accounts or invalid addresses.

kenstee

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2005
Wow.. I have to admit I was skeptical that they would run out...

Now I feel a little more vindicated getting up at 3am....:):):):)

Vindicated? LOL!! All you really did was buy into the hype of this publicity stunt. I slept nice and late today. Got online at vzw.com in late morning, ordered 2 iPhones in about 3 minutes.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Awwwww ... I really wanted and "End of Cycle" iPhone.

Face the FACTS...

Verizon iphone was announced on 1-11-2011

Verizon website / server did not crash..

Verizon iphone sold out both at the Apple store and VZW online.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
I'd be willing to bet there won't be a VZ IPhone upgrade this year at all. Besides, what more could you want it to do?? Other than 4G, which is not even widespread yet, I don't see what other features they could add.

kenstee

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2005
I'd be willing to bet there won't be a VZ IPhone upgrade this year at all.

I'll take that bet.It will happen. And they won't update AT&T and not VZ. Only unknown is how (and if) they will offer special upgrade discounts to recent VZ iPhone 4 buyers.

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA

Because people are going to realize how SLOW 3G is. I found out last summer that CDMA was faster than 3G when I compared an iphone to a droid.

Here is Verizon vs Att.

Verizon was CONSIDERABLY faster for 14 of the 16 tests. OUCH!

http://cnettv.cnet.com/

Sucks to be an ATT fool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.