Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
I just spoke with a VZW rep and he has advised that anyone who upgrades will absolutely lose their unlimited as this is a website glitch and the web maintenance are working to get it resolved. Let's see how this plays out.
You won't lose it. Worst case they say that they'll have to cancel the order due to a glitch and it's as if nothing happened with you going back month to month with unlimited data

Mossberg

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
I just spoke with a VZW rep and he has advised that anyone who upgrades will absolutely lose their unlimited as this is a website glitch and the web maintenance are working to get it resolved. Let's see how this plays out.

Reps at VZW don't know dick. You ask the same question to 10 reps and you get 10 different answers in my experience. I rarely trust anything they tell me. I only trust what I can actually get in writing.

erure

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Yeah the unlimited data upgrade's gone now. I just tried it with the other line that was working (it had been working until 11am PST for me). I honestly feel like I have nothing to lose because I already paid full price for my iPhone 5s. If they honor the pre-order and let me keep my unlimited data, then I'll return the silver 5s I already have and if not, then I'll just cancel my order and keep my silver 5s.

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
Yea, stopped working here now.

GjisWsc.png

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Checked my other line as well and it's gone. Hope they do this again next year. Couldn't convince myself to re-up for the 5S from my 5 but will in an instant for the 6.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Reps at VZW don't know dick. You ask the same question to 10 reps and you get 10 different answers in my experience. I rarely trust anything they tell me. I only trust what I can actually get in writing.

I agree... But let's see how this thread ends up in the next couple days :)

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Could they cancel your order because of the glitch seeing how most people's orders haven't been charged or shipped yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Could they cancel your order because of the glitch seeing how most people's orders haven't been charged or shipped yet ?

i hope they honor the deals they made. they can afford it.
otherwise we all go back to where we were.

----------

Checked my other line as well and it's gone. Hope they do this again next year. Couldn't convince myself to re-up for the 5S from my 5 but will in an instant for the 6.

i figured i would stay with VZW and sell the phone next year. plus guaranteed unlimited for 2 years is better than month-month with a risk of losing it.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
I really think they are going to cancel our orders lol (crying really)

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
I will know in about an hour if this still works in store but I suspect that it will

So jealous lol ......but but but even so. They can still take it away from anyone at any time since its a feature and revert it to a current data plan !! :( ..but then we can cancel ...but but I would really like to cancel with my new shiny phone in my hand first lol

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
So jealous lol ......but but but even so. They can still take it away from anyone at any time since its a feature and revert it to a current data plan !! :( ..but then we can cancel ...but but I would really like to cancel with my new shiny phone in my hand first lol

I guess that they could do that but even with price mistakes in the past like the Iphone 4C accesory package deal worth $100 back in 2011 Verizon has been known to honor price mistakes.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
I guess that they could do that but even with price mistakes in the past like the Iphone 4C accesory package deal worth $100 back in 2011 Verizon has been known to honor price mistakes.

Not with the thunderbolt price mistake. They canceled the orders ##

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Maybe it is VZW way to "trick" their customers into a tiered plan and remove them from unlimited data once and for all...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Maybe it is VZW way to "trick" their customers into a tiered plan and remove them from unlimited data once and for all...

It would behoove them not to "trick" their customers. In the day and age of screen shots, VZW would be hard pressed not to honor their end of the contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.