Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
It would behoove them not to "trick" their customers. In the day and age of screen shots, VZW would be hard pressed not to honor their end of the contract.

I am guessing that they had about 10K to 20K orders so that would be a bunch of negative PR and is very unlikely to happen

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
lol

This isn't a "trick" or a "glitch". You guys are clueless. I was able to select the iPhone 5S just now and keep my unlimited data. Here's how you do it:

(1) From the My Verizon account management home screen, in the left sidebar, click Upgrade Device.
(2) Select the line you want to upgrade.
(3) When you see the iPhone you want to buy, click the name of the iPhone, not Add To Cart.
(4) At the iPhone device page, select the radio button for Month-To-Month, then click Add To Cart.
(5) Do not check the box to use your existing SIM
(6) Unlimited data is available on the next screen and it's pre-selected for you, since this is what you currently have

Complete the purchase process.

This works every single time for me. If it doesn't show up for you, then you're doing it wrong.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
lol

This isn't a "trick" or a "glitch". You guys are clueless. I was able to select the iPhone 5S just now and keep my unlimited data. Here's how you do it:

(1) From the My Verizon account management home screen, in the left sidebar, click Upgrade Device.
(2) Select the line you want to upgrade.
(3) When you see the iPhone you want to buy, click the name of the iPhone, not Add To Cart.
(4) At the iPhone device page, select the radio button for Month-To-Month, then click Add To Cart.
(5) Do not check the box to use your existing SIM
(6) Unlimited data is available on the next screen and it's pre-selected for you, since this is what you currently have

Complete the purchase process.

This works every single time for me. If it doesn't show up for you, then you're doing it wrong.

But you are paying retail price for your phone. This isn't what this thread is about

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2012
cant you sue Verizon because people agreed on unlimited data? That means false advertising right? breaking the contract?

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
cant you sue Verizon because people agreed on unlimited data? That means false advertising right? breaking the contract?

No you can not . Please read the contract that you sighned carefully . You could still report them to the the FTC and BBB

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011

Go ahead and try. Your time is obviously less valuable than the few hundred $ you save if you're successful in court.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Looks like the loop hole was just closed for now . Let's see if it doesn't open back up later

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
lol

Even I try not to be wrong when I am also trying to be insulting to a pack of forum members. ;)
But you are paying retail price for your phone. This isn't what this thread is about
This.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Still no official word from Verizon on this. Just a bunch of clueless reps and someone running their twitter.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Still no official word from Verizon on this. Just a bunch of clueless reps and someone running their twitter.

This will no doubt be honored heck I wouldn't be suprised if it's opened back up for more orders later today before the 3Q ends

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
This will no doubt be honored heck I wouldn't be suprised if it's opened back up for more orders later today before the 3Q ends

Don't say that ! Lol my wife will cut my cards if I do any more #####✈. I can't help it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Verizon just announced we get to keep our unlimited data. FECK YEAH!!!

So glad I pulled the trigger and got this.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
This really isn't a glitch. This was planned by Verizon. A glitch only stays up for an hour or two at best. I would not doubt the execs saw the stats for September on friday, and saw they lost more customers to T-Mobile. Conveniently this occurs on a weekend, to make it look like a glitch. People spread it all over the internet. Verizon customers with unlimited but thinking of jumping ship to T-Mobile cheaper plan, see this, and quickly re up for 2 more years. Verizon on Monday will say it was a glitch but will honor those contracts because they are such a standup company. Retain your customers, and get free advertising over the social networks.

As I said yesterday.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
That's a good thing it's means you are locked into Unlimited data till 11/11/15

exactly. even month-month i was afraid they would pull the data out from under me. at least now i will have the option to leave if they remove it in 2 years.

zer06ame

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2010
I'm pretty surprised they're actually honoring the accounts which upgraded during this period.

I'm a little jealous but it doesn't matter all that much...still was able to upgrade two of my lines to the 5S using the transfer method to keep unlimited LTE ;)

Congrats to anyone that was able to take advantage of this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.