Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@iamsamlam -

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
We will check this matter thoroughly, and we'll see if we can draw some conclusions from the scenario you outlined.

Friedfries

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2013
I sent a picture using the doodle tool but my boyfriend got a different doodle (the picture which he got was not something i made nor was not in any way anything in my album. Does this mean i was hacked?) we took
Pictures of our respective feeds and it was different. Please help!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi :)

We checked the issue and it should be working fine now :)
Please try again and let us know if the issue persists.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@iPhonePhreak

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to retrieve those lost messages, since we (Viber) do not keep our users' message history on our servers - we care about our users' privacy.
We recommend to use our “Export message history” function every once in a while, in order to make sure that those messages are backed up.

@Troneas

Can you please give us more specific details concerning your device and the issue. ( How many times is it happens, With just one specific person or more? )

Thanks in advance,
Viber Team

Fizzie94

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
Help Viber

My girlfriend and I use viber to communicate and save money on minutes. However, recently we have had an audio issue. One person will call the other but will not be able to hear the person they called. However, the person who was called will be able to hear the caller.

For example, if I call my girlfriend, she can hear me but I can't hear her. Any idea how to fix it?

We both use iPhone 4s on iOS 6.1.3 and neither have jailbroken the phone or anything like that.

pugsrus23

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
Hi there mr .viber I'm using a huawei G510-0200 and its an android when I try calling my friends family etc. Well I can hear them but they can't hear me in regular calls I can talk with them properly. What should I do I reinstalled it a bunch of times and its still like that

angel298

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
Ok I dnt think this has anything 2 do wit viber in ipod or ipad but I cudnt find a place 2 ask my question !! I have a BB 9860 nd I installed viber it ddnt work 4 a while then it worked !! It ws calling nd sending msgs perfectly!! But then nw its nt calling it keeps telling me connecting 2 viber service then it says connection error try again later ! Nd even da msgs r being sent rlly slowly nd sometyms it shows I send da msg nd its nt sent to da other party ?? Can some1 from da viber staff help me plz my family is in another town nd viber works wit them but not wit me ?? Help me plz I live in uae abudhabi

Covina74

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
Keep being asked for access code every time I use viber

Hi there, hope you can help.

My HTC did an automatic upgrade yesterday and since then every time I try to use viber it asks me for my phone number and access code, I have also lost all my previous viber messages. Am really frustrated......hope someone can advise.

Thanks a mill

Vahidm

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2013
issue with the call preference

Hello
I have Samsung S advance. It had android 2.3 and then it has been updrated to 4.1.
With android 2.3, when I wanted to make a call or message I had some options for my installed internet call apps like skype, viber, mobile Voip, webcalldirect and also phone call option in the call or message preference.
But since it updated to 4.1, there are all gone and disappeared. I can't see them anymore in the call preference when I want to make a call. Just Skype and phone call are there. While they are all be in the message preference.

I post it here because I've found this froum is very active and Viber experts also give useful advices. Maybe somebody can help me to fix this?
Because I want to have all of them in the call preference.

Thanks
Vahid

yasir101101

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2013
VIBER - Ringing but not ringing

Hi

I have this unique problem with my viber for quite some time now but i can't find any solution to it. Most of the times when anyone calls on my viber, even though i have my iphone connected to wifi & right infront of me, but it (viber) will not ring. When they call me on my landline & tell me to connect viber, i see their missed calls already on viber.

Sometimes i finish a call on viber & wait for them to call me back BUT when it does not ring for some time i open viber & could see their missed calls : they had called me again & again but it didnt ring. Its quite frustrating.

Any solution please.

srikhil

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2013
im using iphone 4...when normal call runnig in Iphone at the same time when calling through viber it shows busy in viber...what can I do...is this ma viber app problem...or it happening in every phone...in android when normal call running at the same time we can call viber call...hepl me

sanuriya

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
My sister and I both have separate viber accounts, but my profile picture shows up as hers. Why is this happening and how can I fix this?

wolfberry0311

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2013
Yes my firewall is on and after i ticked that off it works again!! thank you!

Yes my firewall is on and after i ticked that off it works again. thank you :):):):)

1. Do you remember if you installed a new application or service that started causing this issue?
2. Have you tested Viber on a few different WiFi networks? It might be that the network you're using is blocking Viber's ports.

Please make sure neither you nor the other side are connected to networks that might be blocking Viber (for example - a router running a firewall).

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different a few WiFi networks. Does it work now?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

Imhotep86

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Help please

Hi, i was using viber with my gf and when i was speaking she started to say "who called you?" i was very surprised because in fact i didn't have any call. She is absolutetly sure that her phone was placed on hold, and the screen had a message that said that i was answering another call.

I'm really want to know how is it possible because she doesn't believe.

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore
Hi, i was using viber with my gf and when i was speaking she started to say "who called you?" i was very surprised because in fact i didn't have any call. She is absolutetly sure that her phone was placed on hold, and the screen had a message that said that i was answering another call.

I'm really want to know how is it possible because she doesn't believe.

I get this a couple of times. IPhone 4S on iOS 7.

vanillafox

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2013
Hopefully viber will read this,

Hello i recently installed viber on my nokia x6 and after the instalation and opening i was asked to share my contacts, which i accepted. After that, it asked for my phone number which i gave for the sms, but after that a notification appeared saying: "Please make sure that your internet connection is enabled and connected, and try again." . I've tried connecting with various wifi and my phone's internet with no success. The same message keeps popping and i dont receive my sms. Help!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@sanuriya -

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/13 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to specify the link to this page in the appropriate place in the form, for monitoring purposes). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

@Imhotep86 and @gomoq13 -

It's hard for us to determine what really happened, based on the information you gave us.
It might have been just a temporary glitch in our server. Please let us know if this issue reoccurs.

@vanillafox -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

kaylababe

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
this is the 2nd day my bf has been trying to call me on viber. he said he keeps getting a "unable to make call" message. I try calling him and my calling works, but he doesn't recieve the call. we can send messages that works. we're both updated to the current version and we both reset our phones and reinstalled the app and he still can't call me. I'm so mad! can anybody please help on what to do?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
this is the 2nd day my bf has been trying to call me on viber. he said he keeps getting a "unable to make call" message. I try calling him and my calling works, but he doesn't recieve the call. we can send messages that works. we're both updated to the current version and we both reset our phones and reinstalled the app and he still can't call me. I'm so mad! can anybody please help on what to do?

Hi,

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country both of you are located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

geo1985

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2013
viber problem with message " is on another call "

Hello i am using viber at my iphone 5 in order to talk with my girlfriend who has iphone 4s . The problem is that while we were talking i got the message that she was at another call. After 10-20 seconds i was able to talk again with her and when i asked her who called her she told me that nobody had called her either from 3g or from viber. Is this possible to happen ? If yes how ? maybe by using accidentally an other application ? Or maybe a viber setting ? Plesae help me because this is very serious for me.

Last edited:

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hello i am using viber at my iphone 5 in order to talk with my girlfriend who has iphone 4s . The problem is that while we were talking i got the message that she was at another call. After 10-20 seconds i was able to talk again with her and when i asked her who called her she told me that nobody had called her either from 3g or from viber. Is this possible to happen ? If yes how ? maybe by using accidentally an other application ? Or maybe a viber setting ? Plesae help me because this is very serious for me.

Hi,

Generally, this message ("on another call") is shown when the other contact receives a cellular call. The Viber call is automatically put on hold until the cellular call ends.
However, theoretically this could have been a momentarily "glitch" in our servers.
Unfortunately we (Viber) cannot provide the accurate information in this case.

mizo

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
hello my problem is that i downloaded viper on my sony experia phone & it worked just fine then i changed my phone to s3 & i got the activation code and i entered it i got the enter the 4 digit message then i tried the phone call from that automatic voice that tells u the code & i got a different code & i entered it & i got the same message again i wanna know why i'm having this problem :( :(

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hello my problem is that i downloaded viper on my sony experia phone & it worked just fine then i changed my phone to s3 & i got the activation code and i entered it i got the enter the 4 digit message then i tried the phone call from that automatic voice that tells u the code & i got a different code & i entered it & i got the same message again i wanna know why i'm having this problem :( :(

Hi,

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks.

If the problem persists, then we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/1

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

mizo

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
Hi,

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks.

If the problem persists, then we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/1

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

well of course i tried that i will try reporting the problem hoping to find a solution

illinois43

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
VPN message history problem

hello,

I've used Viber for several months on Mac OS X 10.8.x and had no problems.
Once I've connected to OpenVPN AS, messages history are not being synchronised on my ViberDesktop. Synchronisation are only became active to messages, while Mac is on-line. On my iPhone everything is good, and I can see all of group message history.
On the VPN server were some changes on DNS. One time it had no WAN DNS at all, only locals. Before the DNS changes Viber worked fine.
Now, there are DNS servers 7.7.7.7 and 8.8.8.8. Still not working, even Mac is off-VPN.
On the iPhone messages are still able to sync, neither I'm on or off VPN connection (GPRS, 3G, WiFi doesn't matter).
Reintalled Viber desktop twice.
Upgraded OS X on Mavericks.
Nothing.
Help.

Software OS X 10.9 (13A603) // problem started on 10.8.x

Ethernet:
Type: Ethernet
BSD Device Name: en0
Hardware (MAC) Address: 40:6c:8f:1b:07:50
IPv4:
Configuration Method: DHCP
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
Proxies:
Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
Wi-Fi:
Type: IEEE80211
BSD Device Name: en1
Hardware (MAC) Address: 70:56:81:8d:79:67
IPv4:
Configuration Method: DHCP
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
Proxies:
Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
IEEE80211:
JoinModeFallback: Prompt
PowerEnabled: 1
RememberJoinedNetworks: 1
RequireAdminIBSS: 0
RequireAdminNetworkChange: 0
RequireAdminPowerToggle: 0

VPN DNS 8.8.8.8

Viber:
Version: 3.1.2
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Last Modified: 01/10/13 17:37
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Signed by: Developer ID Application: Viber Media Inc., Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Access Server version: 1.8.5
Server Name: 188.225.x.x
Authenticate users with: pam
Accepting VPN client connections on IP address: eth0: 188.225.x.x
Port for VPN client connections: tcp/443, udp/1194'
OSI Layer: 3 (routing/NAT)
Clients access private subnets using: NAT

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.