Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
I one of the few that uses Dashboard... I know the end is near that great feature. BUT. if apple let the widgets be in the notifications bar it will be AWESOME!

thisisnottyler

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Hey Guys,

So i'm running 10.8 right now but i can't use the AirPlay feature.. is this something thats not functional yet? or is there a setting i need to turn on. All i have are the options in the screenshot.

Screen%20Shot%202012-02-18%20at%209.55.46%20PM.png

Thanks
-Tyler

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
I'm not sure how I feel about the way they're changing to an annual release.

In the old days, you'd normally get a new operating system every 18 to 30 months. It cost $129, and represented a massive upgrade. Remember the hype around Tiger and Leopard compared to Snow Leopard and Lion?

Worse still, it's now $29. Good right? Not really. It's the same tactics used on the app store. Rather than selling an app for $20, they sell it for $5, 4x as many people buy it meaning they make the same money anyway and they're not compelled to update it or make it particularly feature rich because what does anyone expect for $5?

By switching to a (less than annual) release, at $29, they've found a way to make more money whilst doing less. And not many people complain because it's only $29, what do you expect for $29? Genius really.

Worse still! It's now been two consecutive releases in which any new features are just iOS innovations brought over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.