Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StandardFlint

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
Hey guys, we've gotten a lot of great information about the upcoming Macbook Pros and I think it's time to pull back on the endless questions. Serban has been extremely generous in answering questions and we already have a substantial amount of answers. It's basically getting to the point of "give me a spec sheet of the new MBP".

If he's fine with it then sure, but I don't want us flooding the guy with questions about every detail. Especially considering that Apple hasn't said a word about this product yet and we know what we know now. And I definitely don't want this to possibly compromise his job. Just wait another month and see what happens.:)

Brad9893

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Hiding Under the Genius Bar
I think it's a great decision to include USB C ports now. You should take this new MBP as futureproof computer, instead of thinking about the actual trends. Apple is designing it to be the next generation for the next 4-5 years, and I guarantee you that in 4 years USB A won't be there anymore apart from the already existing stuff that you already own. Apple is used to drop standards (Floppy disk, CD drive, Ethernet port) before anyone else, and people always complain, but the world won't end there.

If a connector prevents you from buying a concrete computer, there are many other options that will still have USB A ports, but when USB C becomes the standard, which will become since it's the mighty USB, you'll thank having USB C ports instead of USB A.

I agree with you tho, that Apple should include an adaptor, but if they didn't with rMB which had only 1 USB C, I doubt they'll do now.

Yes, I know all of this. I never once said that the new MBP should omit USB-C, and I'm not sure why you edited the rest of my post out of the quote in order to make it look like I did? My post only had to do with removing USB-A and people's reaction to it's going away, along with what kind of cable(s) Apple would/should ship with new iPhones. If they are only going to have USB-C ports on their computers going forward, then it would make little sense for them to ship a Lighting to USB-A cable, wouldn't it? After all, one of the points of these cables is so that you can plus your iOS device into the computer. However, I was questioning what they would do because even if they move the Mac completely to USB-C, there is still the matter of Windows PC's to deal with. Most of them aren't on USB-C yet, and it might take a long time for this to happen. They would also have to think about what to do with the massive installed base of PC's that can only use USB-A. There is just going to be an inelegant solution, no matter what.

I also said nothing about an adapter either. Again, I just talked about what kind of Lighting to USB cable would ship.

volcomvenom

Suspended
Jun 8, 2013
Where game of thrones is based off of.
Hey guys, we've gotten a lot of great information about the upcoming Macbook Pros and I think it's time to pull back on the endless questions. Serban has been extremely generous in answering questions and we already have a substantial amount of answers. It's basically getting to the point of "give me a spec sheet of the new MBP".

If he's fine with it then sure, but I don't want us flooding the guy with questions about every detail. Especially considering that Apple hasn't said a word about this product yet and we know what we know now. And I definitely don't want this to possibly compromise his job. Just wait another month and see what happens.:)
It's actually 34 days and last time I checked a month can't be over 31 days.

Brad9893

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010

Ohhhh...spec sheet! Gimme one of those!

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007

Or maybe he is tasked with curbing our expectations, so we don't light the town on fire, when Apple releases something half-assed, 2 port, no glowing apple logo Macbook like device and some wolven nylon adapters.

WRONG

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2015
Principality of Sealand
One more thing to blow you all guys more. There is a very well informed source on the internet, that I do not want to disclose, but it says that next gen. Apple computers will have... Polaris GPUs ;).

I want to trust you.
Please, Apple.
Please.

Speaking of other things: every day we're getting closer to WWDC.
Usually I would love it (and I do), but considering that the same date is my deadline for applying to university, I'm quite worried by this countdown.
Anyway keep it up guys.
At least I have someone who remember me that I don't have so much time... :confused:

Brad9893

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Or maybe he is tasked with curbing our expectations, so we don't light the town on fire, when Apple releases something half-assed, 2 port, no glowing apple logo Macbook like device and some wolven nylon adapters.

Why does the illuminated Apple logo matter so much? It's just a cosmetic, very superficial design choice. It doesn't add to the functionality of the machine at all. As long as it has the specs that I want such as 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD that I don't have to auction off organs to buy, good performance, good battery life, etc...it doesn't really matter to me at all what they decide to do with the Apple logo. After all, the mirrored logo looks pretty slick IMO, so it's not that bad to me. Perhaps I am in the minority, however.

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
Isn't the most appropriate question for Serban "Who do you work for?", then "What is your job?", then "What are your functions and responsibilities in that role that are relevant to the development of new or existing Apple products?"

I want to believe too, but exercise some due diligence ffs.
My thoughts exactly. People get carried away and forget to look at the facts.

viersen

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2014
Ireland
@Serban

I know this is not a direct thread for the new Mac Pro. There is this one:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/new-mac-pro-at-wwdc-june-2016.1971061/page-5

where I have been trying to get Serban's attention to give me some hints on the new possible Mac Pro 7.1 at the WWDC.

Serban, you clearly stated in a recent post that you have information especifically on MBP and Mac Pro models.
Could you tell me as much as you can about the so long awaited update of the MP?? is there going to be any at all? and when? Maybe with 10 TB3???

Uni Grad

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2015
Bloomberg News
Why does the illuminated Apple logo matter so much? It's just a cosmetic, very superficial design choice. It doesn't add to the functionality of the machine at all. As long as it has the specs that I want such as 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD that I don't have to auction off organs to buy, good performance, good battery life, etc...it doesn't really matter to me at all what they decide to do with the Apple logo. After all, the mirrored logo looks pretty slick IMO, so it's not that bad to me. Perhaps I am in the minority, however.

No pleeeeeeeease dont säy that.

ill take anything.
480p webcam.
shallow keyboard.
one port wonder.

But not the removal of the glowing logo.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!NEVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Reactions: Sugarbear33

Uni Grad

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2015
Bloomberg News
are you serious?

WHADDYA THINK HUH!!!!!!!????

tumblr_lkls2iv0vh1qhxr17o1_500.gif

OSX7

Suspended
Jul 26, 2015
My thoughts exactly. People get carried away and forget to look at the facts.
It's already too late to stop the hype train. I mean, it was like Serban bringing in drugs for desperate junkies to get their much needed fix. Who needs facts and reason anyways? Am i right?
all_aboard_the_fe14_hype_train__by_obsidianwasp-d8gcxcx.png
jTHPmu6.0.gif

Reactions: intelligence

accentaudio

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Kansas City
Like i said, we don't have the access to the "main table" where the final decisions are made, i learn from Apple that nothing we know here is 100% sure will happen, but 99% Mbp will be at WWDC, not sure that they can ship the next day (since intel had some big issues with the cpu). But it is 100% that new MacBooks are coming but we dont know if these are the final Macs or apple is planing some new ones 4 years from now. Probably at the end of this year we will know an answer .

What about the MP?

Reactions: viersen

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Is there one piece of information that only an insider would know about the MBP? Something that couldn't be guessed?

By the end of the week, Skull Canyon benchmarks. Some decent testing of Iris Pro. And WWDC less than 5 weeks away.

Last edited:
Reactions: intelligence

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007

the site is macrumors.

what is the resolution of the screen? does it have polaris? ports? Aside from skylake- what big new features? anyting we'd be surprrised at ?
we should continue to try and get as much information as possible. this is not - maccontent.com

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Is there one piece of information that only an insider would know about the MBP? Something that couldn't be guessed?

We wouldn't even know it if we saw it, thats the unfortunate part. I mean, someone could create a new handle and post a legit photo of the new macbook, "about this mac" info and people still wouldn't believe them unless it Ming, Cook or Jesus.

Reactions: guychicago

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
This is fully what I expect. If the next rMBP has a 480p webcam, I'm setting all my macs on fire and shipping the charred remains to Tim Cook himself. Apple has been nothing but disappointment the last couple of years, so if I expect disappointment it should be possible for Apple not to screw up too terribly. At least the wait isn't killing me anymore since I've been enjoying my SP4 too much. Have to rebuild my cash stash for the new rMBP.

Reactions: salmankhan

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL

Or you know, that all this could be BS to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.