Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssong

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
London, UK
the correct question i think is closer to : " if new 13.3" or 14" MBP is between 12" rmb and old 13.3..." but like i said 3 prototypes and i know about only 2 display sizes
[doublepost=1462819372][/doublepost]i think i have a little bad news, but i dont know will affect the WWDC. we have some reports from those who are using external/multiple displays are having some issues, we are expecting some new components on 12 May. But like i said i dont know if its bad since my team don't have any issues. I dont know if those who have that particularly issues has the old intel chip from January or the current ones. The communications between us and others regarding Intel components, are through Intel. So they report to Intel, Intel is asking us if we had these problems, we say NO, we ask what chips the others have, Intel ask the others, we are in darkness... I don't know why we cant communicate directly but these are the rules, stu*d rules that eats a lot of time
Obviously you probably have experience doing this and perhaps it's even sanctioned by Apple but I think detailed info like that may potentially lead to Your identity being found, or at least your teams. Just saying, we all love rumours but surely wouldn't want a person to lose their job over it.

gooch3265

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Isn't the most appropriate question for Serban "Who do you work for?", then "What is your job?", then "What are your functions and responsibilities in that role that are relevant to the development of new or existing Apple products?"

I want to believe too, but exercise some due diligence ffs.

Reactions: shareef777

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Obviously you probably have experience doing this and perhaps it's even sanctioned by Apple but I think detailed info like that may potentially lead to Your identity being found, or at least your teams. Just saying, we all love rumours but surely wouldn't want a person to lose their job over it.
see private :)

Reactions: ssong

Woochoo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2014
Isn't the most appropriate question for Serban "Who do you work for?", then "What is your job?", then "What are your functions and responsibilities in that role that are relevant to the development of new or existing Apple products?"

You might be asking too much, and for free. Read again:

I think detailed info like that may potentially lead to Your identity being found, or at least your teams. Just saying, we all love rumours but surely wouldn't want a person to lose their job over it.

gooch3265

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
Victoria, Australia
You might be asking too much, and for free. Read again:
My view is that some greater emphasis on credentials now would add credibility to the information already put forth. The credentials need not go so far as to identify Serban. One would think he/she is less likely to be identified by the nature of the information being leaked given that there are allegedly teams of people undertaking similar roles. A truthful answer to just one of my posited questions would demonstrate some bona fides without greatly risking exposure.

WRONG

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2015
Principality of Sealand
And when you think we will never meet in person.... i wait for the teleportation technology that allows you to meet with your new friends and shake their hands at least for 10 seconds

Well, small is the world...
If you come somewhere near Germany, I'll buy you a beer.
Either you're trolling us or seriously giving legit rumors, you're keeping this thread alive.
:D

nicovh

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2015
Nederland
It must feel like this for Serban with all the questions

image.jpeg

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
So there are 3 prototypes, only 1 of these prototypes will be the final. If I understand right Serban says some of those are in 13"/15" and some are in different sizes. and some of the prototypes will usb A and some with out any.

Serban mentioned a prototype of a model that he thinks is the final. which was thickness .68-.61" and weights were like 3.16lb for 13" and 4.xx something for the 15"

So if those are the final models then they will be in 13" 15", with some kind display difference.
But serban has not said whether this proto includes usbA or not.

Am I understanding everything right so far?

dombera

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2013
So there are 3 prototypes, only 1 of these prototypes will be the final. If I understand right Serban says some of those are in 13"/15" and some are in different sizes. and some of the prototypes will usb A and some with out any.

Serban mentioned a prototype of a model that he thinks is the final. which was thickness .68-.61" and weights were like 3.16lb for 13" and 4.xx something for the 15"

So if those are the final models then they will be in 13" 15", with some kind display difference.
But serban has not said whether this proto includes usbA or not.

Am I understanding everything right so far?
I guess you are right. I would like to know if this prototype includes usbA. I would hate to have to use adapter for my u2f security key. I hope we get at least one usbA port..

Reactions: Mattsasa

Donnie-4711

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2016
Germany
the correct question i think is closer to : " if new 13.3" or 14" MBP is between 12" rmb and old 13.3..." but like i said 3 prototypes and i know about only 2 display sizes
[doublepost=1462819372][/doublepost]i think i have a little bad news, but i dont know will affect the WWDC. we have some reports from those who are using external/multiple displays are having some issues, we are expecting some new components on 12 May. But like i said i dont know if its bad since my team don't have any issues. I dont know if those who have that particularly issues has the old intel chip from January or the current ones. The communications between us and others regarding Intel components, are through Intel. So they report to Intel, Intel is asking us if we had these problems, we say NO, we ask what chips the others have, Intel ask the others, we are in darkness... I don't know why we cant communicate directly but these are the rules, stu*d rules that eats a lot of time

I would really like to believe. However that somebody is taking the risk for himself or his company to be identified and being sued by Apple for violating the NDA seems not realistic to me. I can't remember that this kind of detailed information how product testing is done for Apple products has ever been provided to an apple discussion forum by someone who is actively involved in this process. So I have my doubts by reading all this but anyway it is entertaining and it keeps this thread alive until WWDC or until more credible rumors will surface....

dombera

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2013
I would really like to believe. However that somebody is taking the risk for himself or his company to be identified and being sued by Apple for violating the NDA seems not realistic to me. I can't remember that this kind of detailed information how product testing is done for Apple products has ever been provided to an apple discussion forum by someone who is actively involved in this process. So I have my doubts by reading all this but anyway it is entertaining and it keeps this thread alive until WWDC or until more credible rumors will surface....
Well. Don't worry about @Serban its 21st century, fake profiles, vpn's etc. I am sure he is a smart fella and he knows what he is doing..

Reactions: mjs402

koyoot

macrumors 603
Jun 5, 2012
One more thing to blow you all guys more. There is a very well informed source on the internet, that I do not want to disclose, but it says that next gen. Apple computers will have... Polaris GPUs ;).

Reactions: WRONG

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota

what makes something else more credible? other accurate leaks we get, are probably from similar people to Serban. Except they report to a news company that will write an article about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.