Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
To those of you who will go pick one up at Wal-Mart at midnight, maybe dont go alone, bring a friend, dont flaunt your new iPad in the parking lot..there is crazier people than us out there....

Alexjones

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
I get out of work at 6:30pm. By the time i get to Apple, It will be around 7. I hope there is still some left.

Last edited:

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
This may be a good deal. I got my 2 at the local Walmart first day last year. They had about three dozen.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
The store I work at received 5 16GB black wifi and 5 64GB black 4G. We are an average supercenter, so I would assume store will average about this per store.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
for anyone near a springboard media store, they take preorders, i just preordered a 64gig 4g black. already have a 16gig coming that i will return, the app size increase and size of HD movies forced my hand

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
People buy $600 of stuff at a wal-mart every 10 seconds, and mine has a very well lit parking lot with security. Not a real dangerous experience over here at least.

I'll call mine and see if they can tell me what/how many of which models they get and go if it seems like I could get one without much trouble.

If I have to wait I'd rather wait at Best Buy and get my reward zone points.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
The funny thing is... you'll be able to buy it on Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday... and for the next 12 months and longer...

chukronos

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
Colleyville, TX
I don't know why, but I feel weird about buying one at Walmart as opposed to the Apple Store or Best Buy.

You can't beat the time though: either shop up at Best Buy or Apple at 8AM or Walmart at midnight....tough choice...

I refuse to buy from bestbuy. They were such a beating with the ipad2 that we left during the transaction and went to the apple store. The best buy guy didn't know how to just sell us the ipad. We didn't want a case - he showed us cases anyway, "just in case". We didn't want to put it on the BB credit card - had to discuss why not. Went to pay and the rewardzone wasn't working - told me if I call a 1-800 number and explain the situation and they should allow me to get the points. I told him I didn't want to pay for it until the rewardzone points would count at purchase. He still rang it up and asked for my payment. ugh. Never again.

At apple: I told them what I wanted. Asked how I wanted to pay. Brought my wife's ipad. I left. Soooo much easier.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
The funny thing is... you'll be able to buy it on Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday... and for the next 12 months and longer...

There is a glorious heavenly phenomenon called the "Early adopter phenomenon." You have to be a part of it to really understanding the true literal meaning of such an incredible thing.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
One of the most fun games to play at Wal-Mart is to count the people who aren't wearing shoes.

I think I'll wait a little longer after midnight.

Well I'll be. The 1995 winner of the Marie Antoinette Award is in our presence. Blessed are we. :rolleyes:

jreuschl

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
I refuse to buy from bestbuy.

Don't forget either that Best Buy charges $.99 above anything Apple sells. I know that is a small amount, but it is like they do this on purpose "just because they can"

iPads are $499.00 etc. BB it is $499.99.

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
And the iPad is the perfect device to capture and post new discoveries for "seen at Walmart". Greatly improved camera to capture even more detail. And now 4G capability to whisk away your finding for the rest of the world to enjoy.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
There is a glorious heavenly phenomenon called the "Early adopter phenomenon." You have to be a part of it to really understanding the true literal meaning of such an incredible thing.

Oh I understand... but let's say you can't get one of the 5 iPads at your local Wal-Mart... will you just give up and NEVER buy one?

Besides... the true early adopters have pre-ordered their iPad... and it's on a truck right now :)

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I get out of work at 6:30pm. By the time i get to Apple, It will be around 7. I hope there is still some left.

7pm after an 8am launch. I wouldn't bother they will have been sold out for a good 5 hours by then.

Assuming they have any walkins to begin with. They did pick up in the store this year with pre-orders and that could take up the limited stock room space for many stores.

Felix01

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
I've got a 4G LTE 64GB black coming which UPS World Express shows as scheduled for delivery tomorrow before 10:30 a.m.

But lacking anything better to do tonight, I think I'll stop by my local SuperCenter around 11:30 and take a few pictures.

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Thinking of going to Walmart at Midnight, grab a new iPad, then take it over to the Apple store to brag to everybody waiting in line. HAHA -- I have mine already, and it's not even 8am!!

"See? Retina Display..." I can just imagine the gasps, jealousy, and utter salivating of the iCampers.

I expect to have the iPad in hand by 10am tomorrow (after plenty of sleep!) courtesy of FedEx, wander over to the local Apple Store, and be able to brag to the iCampers that will inevitably still be in line since sometime early tonight!

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Oh I understand... but let's say you can't get one of the 5 iPads at your local Wal-Mart... will you just give up and NEVER buy one?

Besides... the true early adopters have pre-ordered their iPad... and it's on a truck right now :)

Mine was ordered on the afternoon of the keynote, March 7th, and will be arriving tomorrow morning (hopefully). So yes, I am going to be an "early adopter" of the new iPad.

I was saying that jokingly LOL (above)....but you understand there is a bit of excitement about owning something when it is initially released.

I expect to have the iPad in hand by 10am tomorrow (after plenty of sleep!) courtesy of FedEx, wander over to the local Apple Store, and be able to brag to the iCampers that will inevitably still be in line since sometime early tonight!

Maybe that's a good idea. Better to get the good night's sleep than waste my energy on a pointless endeavor -- plus I don't need TWO new iPads anyways, one will do for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.